Soaker suggestions for a newbie

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Ultimate

Post by Ultimate » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:02 am

Hello. I just started out. I am into Nerf blaster modification and tweaking objects in general.

Well I was wondering which Soaker to get that is still in stores. I am getting $100.00 (really late birthday money from my mom) later today or tommorow. I hear good things about the SS Flash Flood and WW Blazer. I have a WW Gremlin and I think it is decent, but is that the standard range and water output?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Is... Is that urine, or water...? Uhh...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:15 am

Welcome to the forums!

The WW Gremlin is probably a little below average on both current stock range and water output. While I haven't tested one personally, I'm making estimates based on its look and design. The SS Flash Flood and WW Blazer are both good stock soakers IMO, though the Blazer packs more overall 'oomph' while the Flash Flood is fun to use its large nozzle at closer ranges.

You'll also hear a lot about looking for older CPS-blasters on eBay. The larger soakers made back from 1996-2002 packed significantly more water output and range than the average current soaker. However, prices on them tend to be higher. As well, those soakers are simply older as well, meaning that they may no longer function as well as they used to, especially depending on how well they were treated by past owner.

In the end, the soaker to choose depends mostly on budget, fighting style, and typical opponents. Of course, others will also tell you ways to improve soaker performance and/or means to create your own soaker, but that also depends on your interest and time.

Myself as well as the membership are more than happy to give suggestions or clear up confusing terms, etc.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Ultimate

Post by Ultimate » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:26 am

Thanks for the info. I will look for the WW Blazer at K-mart or other stores that carry Water Warrior Soakers. If I can't find one, I will get the SS Flash Flood.
Is... Is that urine, or water...? Uhh...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:29 pm

Granted, you might also want to check out the Water Warriors Lightning or Piranha. For a decent lighter soaker, the Supersoaker Defender isn't a bad option, either.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

m15399

Post by m15399 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:54 pm

I would recommend the Blazer over the Flash Flood. The Flash Flood is kind of like you soak once, then you're done. It's extra nozzle is mostly worthless unless you play soakfests 10 ft apart.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:00 pm

The Water Warriors Blazer and Super Soaker Flash Flood both are excellent choices. Pick one (or both since you have the money) and you can't go wrong given the choices this year.

eBay also will get you older water guns, but as iSoaker said, they will be overpriced essentially to the point where the winner is being ripped off. The older CPS water guns are, in my opinion, better for the most part, especially if you are considering modifications. Check eBay periodically for a good deal because sometimes you'll find one. I once got an XP 150 from eBay for $0.99 plus shipping, which is more than a good deal. The focus mainly is on CPS water guns or the SS 300, so you might be able to pick up another great water gun for a good price.

Also, check out a wide variety of stores, such as Rite Aid, Sports Authority, or Sports Mart. The last two are good ones to check out. For the past two years, those two stores have stocked CPS 2100s, and some stores still apparently carry them.

If you are interested in building your own water gun (given that you are interested in tweaking things), you could build quite a good water gun for $100, given that you have the tools required available to yourself. :;):

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:07 pm

There's always eBay, of course, and if you can find the Blazer, I would recommend that definitely, but Flash Flood is great, too, if you don't do either of those.
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!