Protector: New Storm soaker?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:06 pm

The Protector!
I don't know if thats a new Storm model. But it apears to be. Looks like a Shield Blaster and Water Warrior hybred.

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:12 pm

That looks pretty....different. You'd think the shield would fail being hit, being made of that kind of plastic. Wonder what the output is.

~SO
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:16 pm

Yeah, the shield probably wouldn't be able to stand much more than a 5x stream. No worries though, because nobody makes a decent stock soaker any more other than the Water Warrior guns IMO.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:23 pm

Well, it ain't prity. That blaster looks like a shower curtain. But since it seems new to everyone else, it aprears that Storm is back in buisness.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:55 pm

Looks like a fan/umbrella hooked up to the top of a soaker. I'd thought of attaching an umbrella to a soaker, but figured part of water fights is dodging as opposed to deflecting.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:18 pm

It does not look like it holds that much. It's shield does look fragile. Once I blow it off the name Protector will be a very bad name for it. If it can't hold up a 5x beam I wonder how good it could hold up against a 10x times beam, it would probaby rip the sheild right off the blaster.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:00 pm

If a regular old 10x would break it, I bet a well-placed 21K 1/4" blast would shatter the thing...

Simply, don't bother with cheap shields. Learn to dodge. Helps improve your speed, mobility, agility, and also improves your hand-eye coordination. Do shields do that? No.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:54 am

When/where'd you find that? Anything advertised on the back?

Looks pretty flimsy. That shower curtain shield looks like it would most definitely blow off in a fight. Of course, they're probably counting on you just fighting other Storm users, in which case the shield would probably hold up.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:16 am

Lettering on the box looks German. I'm assuming he got the image off of an auction on Germany's eBay site.

A different auction with pics of the open 'fan/shield': [url=http://cgi.ebay.de/Wasserspritzer-The-S ... meZWDVWQQr

dZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Storm Protector Auction[/url]

:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:55 pm

Storm....back in buisness?

looks like that may be the case.

~SO
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:11 pm

That page has been up for over a year. It does appear that they have updated the images however. The other water gun shown does appear to be new, but then again, we do not know of most Storm water guns so it can be hard to say definitively whether or not a water gun is new.

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:59 pm

For... what was it again... "an assortment of sizes and features," those are some dinky-looking blasters, not to mention that I only see three of them.

EDIT: Then again, nice to see anything at all from them. Storm's older stuff used to be pretty cool. Also, thanks ZOCCOZ for the pic, etc.

Edited By LtDan64 on 1143144409
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:41 pm

I see this as good news because now they might start making storm guns agin to compete with Hasbro and BBT. With the performance of Hasbro's guns if they slightly increased performance and used the light-up stream gimmick they could really give Habro and BBT a run for their money. :cool:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:53 pm

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR wrote:I see this as good news because now they might start making storm guns agin to compete with Hasbro and BBT. With the performance of Hasbro's guns if they slightly increased performance and used the light-up stream gimmick they could really give Habro and BBT a run for their money. :cool:
That would be good, but I don't see it happening too soon. Storm is probably third place with good blasters (at least from the past). Storm doesn't have CPS or Hydro Power. But they still make (or have made) some good air-pressure ones. I know a guy that has one; it's good.

EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:12 am

Are they Storm guns in the article new? Because I bought that yellow (except I got the red version) 2-in-1 blaster last summer. Too bad I threw away the box. :(
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty