Hands-On: Defender - Max Infusion Defender

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
DX

Post by DX » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:07 pm

$10 is enough for PVC, endcaps, reducers, couplers, thread seal tape, and everything else you need to make an APH except for the ball and check valves. You don't have to guess where I would spend that $10. :p

I won't be getting a Defender, but I would love to see some members of the other team buy some and "defend" with them, for that is all they could do with a weapon of such caliber. :laugh:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:13 pm

OMG, I laughed when I read that. Yeah, I should put my money towards pvc, but I know I will never make a homemade as good as your creations, and I am content with highly modded soakers.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:41 pm

Anybody could make homemades like mine, or better ones, sorry for not having a guide available yet. But you should really try, designing and putting together a homemade is actually fun, while modding a gun is mostly hard work and no fun until the end. You also get the vindicating feeling that "You built this beast yourself, from total scratch." And while regular soakers raise parents' eyeballs, homemades are another level, something that they think is amazing, not childish. My parents show off the tech room to every visitor they have... :laugh:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:22 pm

Lol, I would never use it though. I will make one eventually, to see just how much range one can get. But I will only do that once I feel like I don't want to continue with soakers, either because I have all of the ones I ever wanted (yeah right), or because I will want something to do while collecting air pressured guns.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:35 pm

Remember, an air-pressure homemade is an air-pressure gun too, so your collection can't be complete without at least one... :p

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:40 am

Duxburian wrote:$10 is enough for PVC, endcaps, reducers, couplers, thread seal tape, and everything else you need to make an APH except for the ball and check valves. You don't have to guess where I would spend that $10. :p

I won't be getting a Defender, but I would love to see some members of the other team buy some and "defend" with them, for that is all they could do with a weapon of such caliber. :laugh:
:laugh: Man, that was funny. :D

I certainly won't be getting a Defnder though, anyway.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:52 am

I'll try to pick up a Defender as soon as I get my next paycheck next week. I like the size of it, and it looks like an interesting blaster to add to my arsenal.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:06 pm

I found out that my my freind is going to buy 3 Defenders. One for him, one for his little brother, and one for me. Ecept I will not be getting mine until Easter comes. So I guess I am going to get a Defender, eventually.

isoaker

Super Soaker Max-Infusion: Defender

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:39 am

Super Soaker Max-Infusion: Defender Review

Willing to share your experiences, thoughts, personal reviews on this product? If so, post below!

Note: you must be a member of iSoaker.net to be able to post.
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

wetmonkey442

Re: Super Soaker Max-Infusion: Defender

Post by wetmonkey442 » Fri May 14, 2010 6:00 am

Possibly one of the best Super Soakers released since 2002. While it may be beat by the Flash Flood (and HydroBlitz?) in terms of power, I really admired how this gun combined elements of tried-and-true separate chamber air pressure technology with a solid design and excellent aesthetics/ergonomics. This is a gun that is completely straightforward and delivers with absolute panache and gravitas. If you can find a MI Defender out there for under 15 bucks, I would strongly encourage buying it. It needs little in the way of modification and the simple casing making deconstructing it for a paintjob a breeze. I'm still hoping to pick another one up simply for the purpose of painting it.

As a side note, it also features the MI cap that allows you to attach the backpack to it for added reservoir capacity. While I was never very fond of the MI backpacks (or backpack reservoirs in general), this may prove to be a useful addition for those of you out there who do.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Super Soaker Max-Infusion: Defender

Post by HBWW » Fri May 14, 2010 11:25 am

I've wanted to try one for some time and it would've made a good substitute to the SC 400 back in the old days when mine broke. The P90-style grip seems to work fairly well but I haven't tried one. Powerwise, I heard that it can actually get reasonable range with a nozzle drill, but I'm fairly skeptical since it has a fairly small PC and appears to use the horrible intake tube design to get the PC's water out. I suppose this blaster is supposed to be more along the lines of the XP designs, which it ends up being far less powerful than a Max-D 6k and puts it around the power of the smaller Max-D's.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat