Hands-On: Defender - Max Infusion Defender

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
m15399

Post by m15399 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:33 pm

And 105 posts in a week isn't always a good thing, it should be post content you aim for.

Well, at least our activity is skyrocketing! :laugh:

On topic: With air pressure, there are fewer limits on the amount of pressur that can be provided. With CPS, the rubber can only hold a certain amount of pressure, and it becomes costly to manufacture a CPS chamber with a wall 10" thick! :;):

The reason CPS soakers appear to be better is that CPS can pressurize more water in a smaller space without losing pressure as it fires. That's why CPS soakers can support bigger nozzles. If a stock air pressure soaker were given a 20x nozzle, it would fire and the pressure would decrease and be gone in less than a second. Air pressure soakers could be MUCH more powerful if the PC's were bigger. That's why homemades with 1500ml PC's can support a 20x blast. :;):

ChrisReid

Post by ChrisReid » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:16 pm

Hannibal wrote:The Defender will probably go for $10 or less. Soaker
There's already the Helix and Vaporizer in the $10 and under category. The Defender is replacing the $15 Hydroblade.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:29 pm

Air pressure soakers could be MUCH more powerful if the PC's were bigger. That's why homemades with 1500ml PC's can support a 20x blast.

A homemade with a 1500mL pc could support a 50x blast if your pump can get enough pressure to build up and dump all the water all exactly 1 second. [30mL/second=1x, and 1500/30=50, therefore 50x] Bigger pcs can net 60x or higher again if it is powerful enough to dump the water in a second [or less] :laugh:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:54 pm

Man!I wanted to get a Hydroblade.I do wonder what is going to become of the Triple Shot.I wonder if it will be replaced by the Max Infusion Overload? ???

Edited By Soaker Master on 1139021736

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:39 pm

Soaker Master wrote:Man!I wanted to get a Hydroblade.
Trust me you don't want the hydroblade. My friend got one and it sucked, I don't think it even shot 25ft. Afterward I told him to get a 2100, he's been happy with it ever since. And I think the ozzinator is the triple shot's replacement (as crazy as it sounds). :cool:

:soakon:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:48 am

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR wrote:
Soaker Master wrote:Man!I wanted to get a Hydroblade.

Trust me you don't want the hydroblade. My friend got one and it sucked, I don't think it even shot 25ft. Afterward I told him to get a 2100, he's been happy with it ever since. And I think the ozzinator is the triple shot's replacement (as crazy as it sounds). :cool:

:soakon:
I'd pay $5 NOT to have a hydroblade. :laugh: That think is a peice of junk. I know a guy who has it and it's AWFUL.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:54 am

My freind HAD a Hydroblade but it is now broken so he gave it to me and he also gave me a broken Flash Flood.I was hoping to return them both and by a new Flash Flood and Hydroblade that were not broken,but I guess that it is impossible now to get a Hydroblade unless I go on ebay.I still have hopes on returning the Flash Flood and I could use the Money from the Hydroblade to buy some other watergun. :)

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:44 pm

If I had a Defender and a Max Infusion Aqua pack I could make the Defender hold about 80 oz. But, if I had a Max Infusion Overload's backpack I could make the Defender hold 130 oz.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:17 am

^ Or just go on Ebay and get a real weapon. :cool:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:54 pm

I wonder if the Defender will come in other colors than light blue and red?

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:12 pm

I predict it will sell well, so it will be made in uglier colors next year. I'm going to get one of these just to play with. CVF, internal and trigger reinforcements, and maybe I will make it have a larger diameter and longer pump for faster pumping. This gun seems awesome with it's no BS straight forward style. Hopefully it will be the CPS 2100 of the air pressured guns. :)

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:53 pm

Crashdummy wrote:Hopefully it will be the CPS 2100 of the air pressured guns. :)
No gun this year can compete with the power and versitility of the 2100. :soakon2:

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:16 pm

No, I mean in how much it can be modified. If it has some hardcore strong internals, it could be an awesome base for modding. ???

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:27 am

I saw it in Wal-Mart on Thursday, and I have to say, I'm impressed with it. Doesn't look bad.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:32 pm

I almost bought a Defender yesterday but I then realized that I was buying to many soakers,so to keep myself stable I did not buy the Defender. I thought the Defender was going to be 15$,but it now turns out that it is only 10$. :)

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:36 pm

I do not see why Hasbro made the Defender.I don't see anything special about it. In the Elite line every watergun had something special about it like the Artic Shock has a freeze-able ice core and the Helixs beam twisted.

Edited By Soaker Master on 1140469637

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:23 pm

Sorry it doesn't have a gimmic to suit your kiddie needs. :p You make the Helix an Arctic Shock seem like the CPS 2000.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:28 pm

Soaker Master, I'll take this moment to remind you of that little button in the upper right of your post, coincidentally labelled EDIT. When you wish to make two comments of disparate content, and you have forgotten to include your second point in your first post, click that handy little EDIT button.

Double posts are permissable/necessary in certain circumstances - Warstory threads, music/movie threads, etc. General posting is not one of those circumstances. Thank you for your attention.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:17 pm

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR wrote:^ Or just go on Ebay and get a real weapon. :cool:
Lay off man. Every one has their own opinions. IMO, I think its great that some members are trying to see the brighter side of this years line up.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm not too impressed by the power, but I REALLY, REALLY like the look of the Defender. Man that thing look great, and really comfortable despite the fact that my hand wouldn't probably fit in it. With a camo paint job (and of course some nice modifications), that thing would serve as a great sidearm.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:49 pm

wetmonkey442 wrote:Man that thing look great, and really comfortable despite the fact that my hand wouldn't probably fit in it.

How big is your thumb? Unless your thumb has a diameter beyond 2 inches, the Defender should actually be quite comfortable to hold. I was skeptical about the grip when I first saw it, but after holding it and using it, it is very comfy (my hand does not fit in the grips for blasters like the WW Lightning/Piranha, pinky sticks out, but happily hold the Defender's grip).

When holding the Defender, one's fingers end up wrapping around the bottom part of the grip. Different, but works well.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: