I got the Splat Blaster! And... - la review

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:19 pm

But guess who owns both Nerf and Super Soaker? Hasbro. :p
They could probably name it something similar though. They don't own the little word zooka.

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:27 pm

I don't think that they are BB is going to make a remake of the Splat Blaster anyways.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:00 pm

But guess who owns both Nerf and Super Soaker? Hasbro.

Ya, I knew that :p

Depending on how well the Splat Blaster works out, it could be rereleased.

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:44 pm

I do not think that the Splat Blaster is going to be a very popular watergun in the stores.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:50 pm

Neither do I, but think about it. If the water ball things sold okay, anything can happen.

Big Bee

Post by Big Bee » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:34 pm

I guess only time will tell. We designed this based on what I thought you guys were asking for. It is a defensive blaster. Used for last ditch soaking when the big guns run out. It is also for a generally lower aged user than the people in this forum. If it goes well, and early results look like it should, we will look at developing a more advanced, bigger one for next year. It's a novel concept and our first try at it. I would really like some more feedback from people who have bought it and used it. We are constantly developing new items and all development is based on sucess or failure of earlier items.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:02 am

Well, I would like to see a pump action shot gun, instead of lever. That would be much cooler. Also, if there is any way to increase the range...

Might as well use this thread for other suggestions. I would like to see a larger variety of nozzles on guns with nozzle selectors. The original Blazer had 5 sizes of nozzles. I cannot imagine needing 5 different sizes... 3, maybe, but not 5. In my humble opinion, any gun with a nozzle selector deserves a fan or spread nozzle.

Just out of curiosity, why so many small blasters? It's a little scary to go on the BBT website and see 12 kinds of pistols which are almost identical. I like the designs, but they are just two similar. Why not just have different colors of the same blaster? I really like the 2006 something or other that is sold in 2 packs and is white and green/blue (whichever one that is).

I would like to see a PR pistol that was really tiny. I mean as in, fit in your pocket tiny. A belt clip would be really nice, too. I would buy it in an instant. It would also attract parents who are buying soakers for their small children. By no means like a kiddy soaker, just like a Cricket/Stinger/Firefly/etc. except with a smaller reservoir and less empty space in the internals.

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:17 am

Big Bee wrote:I guess only time will tell. We designed this based on what I thought you guys were asking for. It is a defensive blaster. Used for last ditch soaking when the big guns run out. It is also for a generally lower aged user than the people in this forum. If it goes well, and early results look like it should, we will look at developing a more advanced, bigger one for next year. It's a novel concept and our first try at it. I would really like some more feedback from people who have bought it and used it. We are constantly developing new items and all development is based on sucess or failure of earlier items.
BB, it is an excellent blaster. Its just we were thinking just a bit differently. But you basically got the idea, and thanks. I'm going to try it this weekend against a few friends.

The only "real" problem with it is the very small PC. I love the lever action pump, its comfortable.

There are room for improvments, but its still a good soaker. I have yet to try it against anyone, we'll see how that goes.

~SO :cool:
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:07 pm

I just picked up a Splat Blaster (couldn't resist :goofy:) when I first saw it on the shelves at Walmart.

It's definitely smaller than I had expected, but that could be actually good for what it's for. I was also surprised it comes with one of the little Kwik Grip soakers (basically similar to smaller squirt pistols). Sure, the extra little soaker won't do much in a large water fight, but they definitely still can come in handy. Nice bonus, IMO!

I push up more info later once I get a change to take some pics and test things out a bit.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:17 pm

Lol, Quick Grips are being added just like XP 215s. :cool:

freak

Post by freak » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:36 am

Crashdummy wrote:Lol, Quick Grips are being added just like XP 215s. :cool:
Of course, XP 215s are MUCH better then "squirt" guns..., But thats besides the point...
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:50 am

I think that my freind had a couple of Kwik Grip blasters along time ago. Now, when I compare it's power to my XP 215's my XP 215 looks like a big CPS weapon.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:11 pm

Splat Blaster nozzle

Here's a somewhat clearer picture of the nozzle-mechanisms as seen peering down the barrel. Pulling the trigger causes the plastic flap to open downwards, exposing the PC. At the same time, the compressed spring is allowed to release, unleashing the shot.

The shot fires out ~15mL (0.5 oz) of water from my measurements. This blaster isn't bad, but it potentially has a lot of promise. While I understand why they chose to use a lever-pump (easier to build the mechanism using a lever), it would have been easier to use if it had a typical pump, IMO.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:45 pm

Compared to other 0.5x soakers the Splatblaster doesn't look that bad anymore. While I won't buy it, I do hope that its sales will be fairly good so that BBT will make a much larger version next time. Perhaps a 5X or 10X shooting version of it? Personaly I like the lever concept since it reminds me of the Lever Shotgun in Terminator 2.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:02 pm

Personaly I like the lever concept since it reminds me of the Lever Shotgun in Terminator 2.

Looks-wise, the lever works. However, from a practical view, it makes pumping slower as it's a little more awkward to use. Granted, if it made a larger 'splat', I don't think I'd mind the reduced firing rate. :goofy:

The Splat Blaster, however, shouldn't be labelled as a 0.5x blaster as its nozzle can push out the PC's contents in likely under a second. From a nozzle-rating view, the Splat Blaster probably would likely get somewhere between a 1x-3x rating (estimated by general feel), though its shot time would be definitely under a second. However, I don't really trust my timing ability for times under a second so I currently don't have a good means to measure output for the Splat Blaster.

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:28 pm

Isoaker, when do you think the official review is going to be posted?

And will it be under CPS correct?

~SO
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:34 pm

I'll try to get the review done this week, but all depends on more things than I really want to think about. We'll see...

and yes, it'll be under CPS, though being one of the rarer spring-based soakers.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:39 pm

All in all, I think its only real flaw is its weight class.
If the upcoming WW shotguns will have a 100ml -300ml splat, it definatly would be one of my new favourites. And I don't think I would be the only one.

Perhaps it could be made as an add on, like attaching it to a Diamphram blaster. Airsoft rifles have alot of add on bb granade launchers. They are fairly popular.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:51 pm

The review isn't ready yet, but working on parts.

For now, here are the bulk of the pics.

CPS Product Gallery 2006

Enjoy!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:17 pm

Water Warriors Splat Blaster review posted!

Enjoy!