CPS 2000 Mk1 Review - The review is finally here!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Wild Boys

CPS 2000 Mk1 Review - The review is finally here!

Post by Wild Boys » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:57 am

Stats:
Capacity: 3 Litres
Shot Time: 1.1 seconds
Number of pumps: 25
Nozzle: 25-30x
Range: 50+ feet
Shots Per Tank: 4
Intimidation: 10/10
Power: 10/10
Weight: 8/10
Mobility: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Overall: 10/10

The CPS 2000 was the first ever CPS weapon released. It brought power and range in a soaker that was never seen before which signalled the next generation of great soakers. Be careful with this gun though, rumours was that this gun was so powerful some person received a huge blast to the face that blew out an eye. Whether you believe that or not is entirely up to you.
Because of this, there were two versions of the CPS 2000 released. The second version had to be toned down. Here are the stats of the two of them. The version being reviewed is the Mk1.

CPS 2000 Mk1: The more powerful version. Has a longer pressure gauge and thicker rubber in the firing chamber than the Mk2. Shot time was supposedly a tad longer by a fraction of a second on the Mk1 than it was on the Mk2. The nozzle on the Mk1 was also bigger. The only thing was that the Mk1 was apparently less durable than the Mk2.

CPS 2000 Mk2: It had less power and a fraction less shot time than the Mk1. The nozzle wasn't as big. The rubber wasn't as thick, but not long ago a discovery was made that the Mk2 shot about 3 feet further than the Mk1. The Mk2 is also more durable and had a shorter pressure gauge.

Now, onto the Mk1 review. This has got to be my favourite soaker. Its amazing range, power and stream thickness will send you're opponent running with its high intimidation factor. A weapon to be feared. You can get someone soaked instantly with this. Just don't fire too close as its recoil will send you back and could hurt you opponent if you are not careful. It doesn't take too many pumps either which is a plus. The pump is also tracked too meaning that there is no risk of falling down and breaking it like with the non guided pumps. Its not too heavy either meaning that you can be quite mobile with it. There are, however, a few bad things about this gun. It uses up its water very quick due to the power and stream thickness with only one nozzle leaving you exposed so you would need someone to cover you while you pump it back up again. Also, the plastic around the pump feels like it may wear after a lot of pumping but again this is quite fixable. The final gripe is that the trigger feels like it may break after a certain period of time.

But, this is still my favourite gun and is a great weapon to have in your armoury. It is probably very hard to find in stores now but some people have come across them so perhaps you may get lucky and find one. If you do, pick it up. I would try eBay for one now though as it is the best place really to get one. I seriously recommend this gun.

Pros

+Very powerful
+Long Range
+Huge output
+High intimidation factor

Cons

-Only one nozzle meaning one can't conserve water when running low
-Low shot time
-Pump and trigger feel a bit flimsy

Well, that's the end of my review. Hope you liked it. :goofy:

I will send a picture of the gun to you soon iSoaker and you can put that up on the review if you want. :p

Soak on! :cps2000:

Edited By Wild Boys on 1119722255

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:09 am

Nice review! Glad you're enjoying your new acquisition, too! I'll push up the review in a couple of days onto the right page (not enough free time presently).

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:24 am

Thanks. :)

I am really enjoying using it. If I ever get invited to friends party, I will bring this. Hours of enjoyment to be had with this. :p

:soakon2:

When I get a CPS 2000 Mk2 I will review that too. :;):

:cps2000:

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:45 pm

Okay, we just recently recruted a member who has the mark 1 CPS 2000 and had an interesting story to tell me. I asked him if he had any guns. Not knowing anything of the fabled story about the kid who shot his eye out with the CPS 2000, he told me about his something or other 2000 super soaker. He said he was out playing with it a while back. He shot it at a girls face from, what he said, was 20 feet away in the face. She went blind and had to go to the hospital. She eventually got her eye site back shortly after.

Even if the CPS 2000 super soaker could not shoot someone eye out, it could do some serious damage to the eyes. Let that be a lesson to everyone.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:32 am

Personaly I think that same damage could have been done with a hose or any 20X stream from that distance. Getting hit in the eyes with any foreign object can result in damaged vision.

On Jay Leno some teen actress from some show(I think it was the OC or something) mentioned that she got hit by a 2005 Super soaker and start crying for loosing her eye sight temporarly on a birthday party.

Dr. D

Post by Dr. D » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:37 am

ZOCCOZ wrote:Personaly I think that same damage could have been done with a hose or any 20X stream from that distance. Getting hit in the eyes with any foreign object can result in damaged vision.

On Jay Leno some teen actress from some show(I think it was the OC or something) mentioned that she got hit by a 2005 Super soaker and start crying for loosing her eye sight temporarly on a birthday party.
What kind of 2005 soaker was that? I guess if a liquidator or an arctic shock can do it, anything can :O
n00b friend: "Nice SP 270!"
Me: "Uhh, it's
XP."
n00b friend: "Oh yeah! Nice SP 270 XP!"

Current Official USF Armory: Monster X, CPS 4100, CPS 2500 (shotgun), CPS 2100 (x3), CPS 1500, CPS 1200 (x3), CPS 1000, MI Flash Flood (x3) STE Flash Flood (x2) WW Orca

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:55 pm

I know of people who've been hit in the face (in the eye) with a CPS 2000 and ended up with blurry vision for several hours. Getting hit in the eye by any soaker would definitely not be advisable, particularly those with more powerful streams.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:22 pm

Dr. D wrote:
ZOCCOZ wrote:Personaly I think that same damage could have been done with a hose or any 20X stream from that distance. Getting hit in the eyes with any foreign object can result in damaged vision.

What kind of 2005 soaker was that? I guess if a liquidator or an arctic shock can do it, anything can :O
She didn't say. All she said was "powerfull new generation super soaker". Then again, actresses can be such sissies.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:11 pm

I can testify to the power of the CPS 2000. I have often shot mine at the ground, and the water foams up (unlike any of my other guns) and sprays around the area for a large radius. I once shot it at my brother about 30 feet away, and it hit his leg. He said it hurt. I shot it down at the ground at a park, and I became covered with sand as the water, with sand, sprayed back at me. Sometimes the nozzle end of the gun jumps up in the air, because of the kickback, making it a bit more difficult to aim. My CPS 2000 shoots 54 feet. I measured it with a tape measure, and by 54 feet I mean the middle of the splotch of water on the ground, not the end.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:33 pm

*drools...* :O
Oh, MAN.....! I had no idea...! :cps2000:
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:27 pm

LtDan64 wrote:*drools...* :O
Oh, MAN.....! I had no idea...! :cps2000:
Heh. There's one on eBay right now, man. :;):

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"

"snap!"

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:59 am

Yeah, but for how much? Any chance of sending me a link? (Don't worry, I've never used eBay before now... but if it's compelling enough, I might give it a try...!)
:blues:
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:26 pm

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-SOAKER-CPS-20 ... ZWDVWQQrdZ
1QQcmdZViewItem]link[/url]
Here you go LtDan64. $84, not too bad for a 2000

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:30 pm

Still ~2 days to go on the auction. Need to watch price as it tends to jump near the end.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:02 pm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BTW: I hate that show.
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:17 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Still ~2 days to go on the auction. Need to watch price as it tends to jump near the end.

It will jump I think, and I think the high bidder on it at the moment will win, I know what he/she is like, puts in very high proxies, I lost to this person a few times before and one day it would be nice if I could just to beat him/her for once.

This is also the bidder that won that CPS 2000 Mk.1 for $370 that I was going on about.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:45 pm

Well, 7 hours left and still at the same price. Someone should snipe it at the last second. Looks like it also comes with an XP270, not that it compares with the CPS 2000. :p

"snap!"

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:31 pm

Wow, look at the price now. There is also a CPS 2500 on ebay right now, New In Box. I think there needs to be a topic pointing out ebay soakers.
:cps2000: :cps2500:

Edited By Soaker Master on 1144449219

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:49 pm

Soaker Master wrote:Wow, look at the price now. There is also a CPS 2500 on ebay right now, New In Box. I think there needs to be a topic pointing out ebay soakers.
:cps2000: :cps2500:
I believe there is (or was) one, but I have no idea where it is now. Wow, $127.50, and the previous winner is still in the lead. This auction won't end without some competion, or I miss my guess.

"snap!"

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:40 pm

Okay... i was considering it for $84, but the ending price on the 2000 was $152.50. *SIIIIIGHHHH* I'm gonna need a slightly larger budget (or a lot of luck) to snag a CPS 2000 for less than $100. We already have the eBay thread of shame... would that be different enough to start a new topic on it? Either way, starting a new topic, or the using the old "Shame" one, I think that's a great idea (thread for tracking eBay soakers). Besides that, we could discuss amongst ourselves and cooperate w/ each other so that we don't drive the price up by fighting each other for a given soaker.
...I came back online just in time to watch the final 7 minutes, and squirm in agony as I watched the set slip away... I should have made up my mind sooner. I'm not even registered with eBay yet, but after missing this one, I'm thinking I should be ready for (a possible) next time.
:(