Hands On: Overload - Max Infusion Overload

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Hands On: Overload - Max Infusion Overload

Post by isoaker » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:36 pm

This thread is for discussing experiences using the Max Infusion Overload.

It'll still be a little while before a full review can be posted on iSoaker.com. I still need to measure stats. However, for those eager to see more pics, I've pushed those online now.

See: 2006 Air Series Product Gallery

Enjoy!

More to come as more is found out about this blaster.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:40 pm

From those pics and your 1st impressions, I don't blame you for thinking that it's large nozzle is underpowerd. It seems to large in comparason to the blasters size. :cool:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:39 am

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR wrote:From those pics and your 1st impressions, I don't blame you for thinking that it's large nozzle is underpowerd. It seems to large in comparason to the blasters size. :cool:
Yeah, I'm suprised they could even fit a CPS chamber in that teeny gun. :goofy: The nozzle probably suffers from the laack of power similar to the Pirahna. That big nozzle for the Pirahna goes like 25 feet, compared to 35-40 for the other selections. That's the only underpowered nozzle I've ever seen. Does the smaller nozzle on the overload go a good deal further than the large one? How long are the shot times?
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:07 pm

Can the pistol work independantly from the backpack? If so, I like it.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:16 pm

Adrian wrote:Can the pistol work independantly from the backpack? If so, I like it.

Adrian

Yep, it can. It has a small reservoir, (a few ml) but it can.

EDIT: Doesn't that make it the smallest CPS ever?

Edited By Hannibal on 1139246257

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"

"snap!"

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:25 pm

If it weren't for the funky shape, I'd say this could be the best pistol ever. With a more conventional design, you could stick this in your belt or pocket as a backup.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:45 pm

Adrian wrote:If it weren't for the funky shape, I'd say this could be the best pistol ever. With a more conventional design, you could stick this in your belt or pocket as a backup.

Adrian
Yeah, you're right. The shape is awfully wierd. A CPS pistol would be pretty good, if it was done right. I think a pistol that shot 40+ feet with a CPS chamber, and was small would be pretty good. Do CPS chambers take up more space than air chambers, or are they similar?

"snap!"

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:00 pm

CPS uses more space. Air chambers can be about the size of a fist, CPS chambers expand to about twice that size IIRC, and those are spherical kind. Cylindrical need far more room.

Adrian

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:20 pm

Adrian wrote:CPS uses more space. Air chambers can be about the size of a fist, CPS chambers expand to about twice that size IIRC, and those are spherical kind. Cylindrical need far more room.

Adrian
(What does IIRC mean? :goofy:)

Do you think the Overload uses spherical or cylindrical? I'm guessing it's spherical, but I'm not sure. A CPS pistol would be pretty good. It would be fun to use a gun that had tons of power in a very small package.

"snap!"

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:30 pm

Hannibal wrote: The nozzle probably suffers from the laack of power similar to the Pirahna. That big nozzle for the Pirahna goes like 25 feet, compared to 35-40 for the other selections. That's the only underpowered nozzle I've ever seen.

I've been hit by that nozzle and it is by no means weak. It's about the size of a cps 2100 stream (8-9x). Perhaps you mean the 2003 model.

Do you think the Overload uses spherical or cylindrical? I'm guessing it's spherical

It is, it's way to small for a cylindrical pc.

:soakon2:

Edited By LIGHT ANNIHILATOR on 1139261456
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:05 pm

Based on the shape of the housing, the Overload likely uses a similar-shaped PC to the Flash Flood... a mini-cylinder/sausage shape.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:07 pm

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR wrote:
Hannibal wrote:The nozzle probably suffers from the laack of power similar to the Pirahna. That big nozzle for the Pirahna goes like 25 feet, compared to 35-40 for the other selections. That's the only underpowered nozzle I've ever seen.

I've been hit by that nozzle and it is by no means weak. It's about the size of a cps 2100 stream (8-9x). Perhaps you mean the 2003 model.

Do you think the Overload uses spherical or cylindrical? I'm guessing it's spherical

It is, it's way to small for a cylindrical pc.

:soakon2:
The nozzle isn't weak, just underranged. And the Pirahna wasn't made in 2003. I believe the nozzle is like 5x.

I figured spherical is probably what it is.

"snap!"

DX

Post by DX » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:11 pm

A CPS 2100 has 7x output [212 mL/sec]. And there is no way they fit a cylindrical pc in that thing. If they did, it would be very, very weak.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:16 pm

Oooooooh... my bad... not CPS.. sorry, guys. It's air-pressure.. just oddly done...

Now I recall why I don't like saying too much before I've really done proper testing... :goofy:

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:29 pm

What, the overload is not a CPS blaster! Then that means that the Flash Flood is the only CPS blaster on the Max Infusion line! The sky is falling! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:40 pm

Some basic stats:
stream output ~45mL/sec
large stream output ~130mL/sec
fan output ~70mL/sec

These tests were done after priming the firing chamber with air first. Results from just pumping water in straight are lower, but not measured.

As for being fooled, the port of the pressure chamber is on the rear-side of the chamber. Thus, the Overload can fire vertically up, but not vertically down. I hadn't tested all the angles the first time around (which was more like fill, pump, and make sure it works). The orange part is the PC: triangular-shaped chamber.

I think I, too, was too wishful in hoping it was a CPS-based blaster... oh well.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:04 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Some basic stats:
stream output ~45mL/sec
large stream output ~130mL/sec
fan output ~70mL/sec

These tests were done after priming the firing chamber with air first. Results from just pumping water in straight are lower, but not measured.

As for being fooled, the port of the pressure chamber is on the rear-side of the chamber. Thus, the Overload can fire vertically up, but not vertically down. I hadn't tested all the angles the first time around (which was more like fill, pump, and make sure it works). The orange part is the PC: triangular-shaped chamber.

I think I, too, was too wishful in hoping it was a CPS-based blaster... oh well.

Man. Too bad. I doubted when you said it was CPS, but you said it could shoot straight up so I believed you. Odd that the "best" blaster in the lineup isn't CPS, while the second-best is. How do you think this gun fares vs. the Hydra Pak?

"snap!"

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:23 pm

Well, the Overload can definitely fire straight up. What it cannot do is fire straight down (I really should've tested that, too, back then).

Versus a Hydra Pak, the Overload loses out in terms of shot time, but I think it may get better power when primed. Priming the Overload even allowed the large nozzle to feel decent, not underpowered as first reported. However, priming does take a little extra care. The firing chamber on the Overload only holds ~200mL.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:41 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Well, the Overload can definitely fire straight up. What it cannot do is fire straight down (I really should've tested that, too, back then).

Versus a Hydra Pak, the Overload loses out in terms of shot time, but I think it may get better power when primed. Priming the Overload even allowed the large nozzle to feel decent, not underpowered as first reported. However, priming does take a little extra care. The firing chamber on the Overload only holds ~200mL.

Wow, 200 ml? That sucks (and that's strong language for me). You get like 15 full shots that are patheticly short. With only 200 ml, the power doesn't matter. I guess a Hydra Pak is the way to go. Is the flash flood better than this gun (assuming both have unlimited/equal water? The Blazer has to kill the Overload, for $10 less.

BTW, what IS priming?

"snap!"

m15399

Post by m15399 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:13 pm

That's when you pump up the PC with air before you pump in water. It only works on non-PR air pressure blasters.

P.S. Hold the gun upside down to pump in air.