Max I:Overload Impressions

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:27 pm

I am happy using "small guns" I think that once you start to use them you learn there true power.I am happy using soakertags which still makes it fun and competitive both at the same time.If the Flash Flood or the Aqua Pack Devastator are considered puny to the people who want big guns I now know why Hasbro is not making big guns,it would take heaping mounds of plastic and money to create the (Ultimate gigantic dream gun that we have all been waiting for).If anybody would like to know that combined me and my best freind have around 100 soakertags and we plan to use every single one down to the last one!I would not be mad If Hasbro decided to make a big gun once in a while to make the older audience happier,but sadly I have no control over that so I say patience and If that does not work buy smaller guns or quit the hobby if you are dissatisfied.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:35 pm

So how's the Overload review going iSoaker? Would it be easy to mod the cap? I'm also curious to how strong the gun is. Hey, if the Max-D trigger breaks hasbro could send me another one and I would still have the backpack! :goofy: Then I could use that one and when the max-d trigger breaks I'd have two backpacks! Get the point? :laugh: How strong is the triger built? You never seem to have made the max-d trigger occupy a con in your reviews. Which would you prefer, a gun that shoots 35 feet and lasts a week, or a gun that shoots 30 feet and lasts 5 years+?
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:43 pm

cooldood31 wrote:So, D.A., let me translate:
Option 1: Fill squirt guns and basic Airpressure soakers with fancy gimmicks and market them for children like the TOYS are meant to be, and let the KIDS have FUN with soakers. Let soakerdom grow through kids coming into soaking through underpowered guns, an some of them growing up and getting into modding and/or homemades, or just being happy and bringing more little kids in.

Option 2: hold soakers over their heads until they're 12, at which point they might have already lost interest, and none of the current 12 year olds want to play with soakers because they're worried about getting knocked over or shot in the face by a 50x blast, and soakerdom dies completely.

I remember getting my first soaker. It was a ss50. I didn't care that it had less power than a bucket of water or a water balloon, it was just fun to run around with my friends and shoot eachother with waterguns. You people don't realise that kids, who soakers are made for, don't care about how much power their soaker has, they just want to have fun.

SOAKERS ARE MEANT FOR KIDS. GET OVER IT OR GET A NEW HOBBY.

edit: spelling

Actualy option 1 means that I would exploit consumers with sub-standard products, while option 2 means that I don't give a rats ass about spoiled kids and parents who are to dumb to read warning lables.

Basicaly what you are saying is, that you don't like someones opinion and therfore want him/her to shut up. Not very good debating skills. Sorry, but the stuff that anoys you is called freedom of speech, and she happens to be a fickle b*tch if she doesn't represent your point of view. The risks of being in a public forum.
Would you feel better if we all start a Hasbro fan club? We can get all together in a chatroom and roast cyber-marshmellows while brainstorming fan fiction about a super soaker anime card-battle system for the kids.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1139100888

DX

Post by DX » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:53 pm

It's not that I don't want power, I mean it would be awesome to have more power in smaller packages

Well then you should have made that clearer in the first place! I totally agree with that! To an extent, I mean I would love power in smaller guns, but real power: 50ft range and fast stream speed, the stuff that companies won't put in. That's why some of my homemades are small and compact, because you don't need a big gun to get big results. You do need big power in that small gun though, otherwise it isn't worth it in my book.

Basicaly what you are saying is, that you don't like someones opinion and therfore want him/her to shut up. Not very good debating skills.
Would you feel better if we all start a Hasbro fan club? We can get all together in a chatroom and roast cyber-marshmellows while brainstorming fan fiction about a super soaker anime card-battle system.

I thought the argument part of this discussion was over? And Soaker Master, please work on your grammar. Run-on sentences with no spaces between those sentences are difficult to read.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:06 pm

Duxburian wrote:I thought the argument part of this discussion was over?

I'm prity much just refering to the "accept it or leave this forum" argument style, which is not just disrespectull(someone telling me how to spend my time?), but also turning prosperous discussions into sh*t threads. Those kind of statements are very anti-discussion.
As for people wanting small low powered soakers, people can buy whaterver they want. Its their cash.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1139103460

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:07 pm

It is amazing how the Max Infusion Overloads backpack can give guns such as the Max Infusion Artic Shock and Max Infusion Flash Flood 140 oz of water!:cool: It is also weird that when a watergun belongs to the Max Infusion line its name is no longer Artic Shock (example) but Max Infusion Artic Shock. :O

aphemushroom

Post by aphemushroom » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:05 pm

Soaker Master wrote:It is amazing how the Max Infusion Overloads backpack can give guns such as the Max Infusion Artic Shock and Max Infusion Flash Flood 140 oz of water!:cool: It is also weird that when a watergun belongs to the Max Infusion line its name is no longer Artic Shock (example) but Max Infusion Artic Shock. :O
Well, that's what companies do. They take a gun from last year, add/change a few things (or maybe just "a thing") and rename it. There you go: New Product.
Just be a mushroom. Not a duck, not a chicken, not anything. Just a mushroom. You are still reading this right?

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:10 pm

aphemushroom wrote:
Soaker Master wrote:It is amazing how the Max Infusion Overloads backpack can give guns such as the Max Infusion Artic Shock and Max Infusion Flash Flood 140 oz of water!:cool: It is also weird that when a watergun belongs to the Max Infusion line its name is no longer Artic Shock (example) but Max Infusion Artic Shock. :O

Well, that's what companies do. They take a gun from last year, add/change a few things (or maybe just "a thing") and rename it. There you go: New Product.
Well yeah, they took out "unleash a tidal wave" after the tsunami. And wo cares about names?

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"

"snap!"

aphemushroom

Post by aphemushroom » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:13 pm

Hannibal wrote:
aphemushroom wrote:

Well yeah, they took out "unleash a tidal wave" after the tsunami. And wo cares about names?
We don't...as long as the name isn't so crappy that we are forced to leave them on shelves.
Just be a mushroom. Not a duck, not a chicken, not anything. Just a mushroom. You are still reading this right?

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:23 pm

Even If a soaker had a bad name I would still buy it unless it was a really bad name.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:11 am

You never seem to have made the max-d trigger occupy a con in your reviews.

When the Max-D triggers work as they are supposed to, they do offer slightly improved performance. Since only one of my Max-D-based soakers has failed on the trigger mechanism, I don't want to just label all Max-D trigger systems as bad.

As for the Overload review, I've finished taking pictures, but haven't posted up the new ones yet. I still need to do measurements on the soaker's output, shot times, and other attributes. Hopefully can do that tonight or tomorrow. From there, I can write up the review, but wouldn't want to write until I've done more testing.

All I can really currently comment on are general first impressions and looks. The statistics fill in the remainder and those need to be measured.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:14 am

aphemushroom wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
aphemushroom wrote:

We don't...as long as the name isn't so crappy that we are forced to leave them on shelves.
Hasbro's just to lazy to make a new revoloutionary design with more power so they rehash things with fancy new backpack's and color schemes to make a new product and keep ripping off the consumers.
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:02 pm

It's not being lazy, it's making MONEY!!! You need to accept the fact that Hasbro doesn't care about us as long as they're making money off their soakers.
You never seem to have made the max-d trigger occupy a con in your reviews.

I would just like to say that the Max-D triggers aren't so bad. I've had my FF for 6 months now and it works fine. When it does break, it takes 10 minutes to fix it! Honestly, I don't understand why you're waiting for the review if you clearly aren't interested in so called "weak" super soakers.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:06 pm

Why does it sound like half the people posting in this thread are seven years old?

The way that I remain optimistic in time like these is by just thinking about E.E.S. Honestly, I know some people like them, but IMO, you can only go up from there. If you look at the big picture, Hasbro's guns are getting better slowly. Modifying isn't hard, though making homemades can take some getting good at. Until then, let people fight water battles the way they want to. I think that the problem is that people are critizing (that doesn't look like it was spelled right :goofy: ) other people's opinion or use of new guns because they think everyone has the same standards when it comes to wars. People like myself and Duxburian tend to have larger more organized wars in contrast to people like iSoaker who seems to enjoy small scale one on ones. Everyone's different, and we will never get anywhere by assuming we all enjoy water warfare for the same reasons. To each his own.

As for the flaming, it's just ridiculous. You guys don't only sound 7 years old, I think some of you are 7 years old.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:42 pm

I am only 10 years old and I STILL like Hasbro's guns. :;):

Edited By Soaker Master on 1139265591

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:03 pm

Soaker Master wrote:I am only 10 years old and I STILL like Hasbro's guns. :;):
You mean you are only 10 years old SO you like Hasbro's guns. :goofy:

@ iSoaker: Would you call the guns of today better than the ones produced from '89 to '94, i.e the XP's and SS's?

"snap!"

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:30 pm

Soaker Master wrote:I am only 10 years old and I STILL like Hasbro's guns. :;):
You like them because you're in their target age group.(6-11 or something like that) Us older guys want more power than Hasbro's giving us.

:soakon2:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:33 pm

The current soaker crop has power levels somewhere between te XP70 and XP150 on average. Mixing in small CPS-chambers makes some of these blasters have better stream consistency. Output-wise, nozzles seem to be lingering around the 1-2x mark in general. The general feel of the current soakers is decent... though less paint, the blasters do feel fairly sturdy. The swappable backpack reservoir is a nice touch.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:36 pm

^ Many think the xp150 is the best air pressure gun ever, saying the current guns are close to that mark in my opinion is a huge exaggeration. :cool:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:39 pm

XP150 is a good blaster, but it cannot do things the Flash Flood or Overload can do since it is air pressure-based. CPS-based blasters still have more fire-angle freedom.

The XP150 is also actually larger in sheer size than the majority of the newer soakers. If used properly, the new soakers can still do well, IMO. I'd happily face an XP150 user using any of the 2006 line so far (well, with the exception of the Arctic Shock :goofy:). However, I'd have second thoughts against a CPS1000+ user. :goofy:

The XXP275, SS300/XP300 and the Pool Pumper Blaster are all air-pressure soakers that could easily out-soak an XP150. Heck, I also prefer the XP310 over the XP150 due to more variability in nozzles.

On my XP150, output measured 52 mL/sec.
The Flash Flood's normal nozzle still got 45 mL/sec, but got better range.

See:

XP150 (rereleased) vs Flash Flood