2006 soakers

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:58 am

Currently, I'm a little surprised that there seems to be a lack of info still on the new lines for Super Soaker and Water Warriors. Being the Holidays, getting in touch with those who would know is a little harder, but I've been trying and will pass along anything I can. I'm also surprised no one has stumbled across any of the new blasters thusfar. Somehow I recall those like ChrisReid have often found new soakers as early as mid-Dec. Perhaps that was just an odd year.

We should know more soon, though...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Mr. Budgie

Post by Mr. Budgie » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:52 am

I found out the whole 2002 line when Larami mailed me a Super Soaker with next years packaging. I still use those box scans on my website. heh.

I was the first person to discover Max-D.
Mr. Budgie....
Aquatica Administration
HyrdoSphre Founder
WaterWar.net Admin
iSoaker Forums Mod
AQUA-ZONE WEBMASTER

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:56 am

Sadly, not a peep yet from either Hasbro nor Buzz Bee Toys about this year's soaker lines. I was hoping to have some new info for the new year, but unfortunately things haven't quite gone as planned. Hopefully more soon, but can't predict when.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:52 pm

I wouldn't obsess over the new line, enjoy what winter has to offer. By the time March swings around the new line will be on store shelves. :cool:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:05 pm

ATTENTION! New backpack 2006 gun, called the Max Infusion Overload, it looks like the Aqua Pack Devastator with improvements, I may buy it. Looks like there are more old and new soakers on the back! It seems to be a small Max D gun with a backpack, 3 nozzles and a tracked pump, which surprises me, could things be getting better? It also looks like there are more blasters like this, as you can attach different ones to the backpack it seems, very interesting, although it is still Max D though it seems.

Here it is: [url=http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-SOAKER-Max-In ... 11745QQrdZ

1QQcmdZViewItem]New soaker[/url]

Edited By Wild Boys on 1136589222

m15399

Post by m15399 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:25 pm

I see: Flash Flood, Helix, (something I can't see), Artic Shock, Vaporizer, Liquidator, and something I don't recognize. Maybe they made the old blasters compatible with the backback...

I hope there are more Max Infusions!

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:31 pm

From the zoom in, it looks like the SS 2006 line will be another disapointment/expected mediocraty. Everything looks like nerf now. If Buzz Bee Toys doesn't drop the ball this year, they should dominate this summer. Hasbro sure doesn't make it difficult for the competition anymore.

On a sidenote, the devaststaor being replaced by what looks like a smaller model? Shame, shame, shame.
The 3rd from the left seems to have a CPS chamber. But not very impressive looking.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1136594539

Some Guy

Post by Some Guy » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:06 pm

I'm not quite sure if the red thing on the left is a FF recolor. Possibly, but the pump shaft has been moved to the upper level, but it's quite likely just to be a remake. I'm interested in the right hand green thing though, but it looks alot just like a max-d or another thing like the max-infusion.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:21 pm

Ok folks, here's my interpretation. Look at the zoomed out pic and you'll see, left to right...Cranberry Flash Flood (stunningly BAD recolor, absolutely hideous), Helix (why am I not surprised), new gun (pistol to midsized), Arctic Shock, new gun (Helix sized), Liquidator, and Infusion.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:32 pm

Good find! Thanks for sharing the link, Wild Boys! :cool:

Wish the pic were a little clearer, but interesting nevertheless! A swappable backpack would be about time, IMO! (assuming that's what it is). Hard to get a feel on what the other blasters are. If some can perform along the lines of a Max-D6000, but with added tank capacity, it'd prove quite good for simple skirmishes and such (the typical games I've found myself involved in). For those wanting cannons, it appears unless there are more, there are still no new cannons. I've been currently hoping for more interesting designs together with better build and performance. Have to test the new ones, though, before making a call on how good or bad they really are.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:59 pm

I definately agree, although my money will remain on mods/homemades until a company ever wakes up and decides that some people like range in their soakers. I can't stand anymore of this:
Overload distance up to 30 ft./9m

As long as my guns are still shooting 50/60ft and stock guns continue to shoot 30/40ft, there is no reason to turn back whatsoever. I'll wait to see the complete, final 2006 lines, but don't expect any optimism from Duxburian.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:19 am

The soaker in between the Helix and the Arctic Shock looks to me like a recoloured Hydroblade...if you look closely you can see a faint outline of the 'blade' (of course I could be wrong). I'm interested to see if there's anything else apart from what's on the box...I probably won't buy any though, Max-D triggers suck.

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:10 am

Interesting. I might buy a couple this year. I wouldn't judge them before I try them by just looking at them though, they might turn out to be pretty good :;):
ImageImage

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:10 pm

I had the seller of the overload email me a clear picture of the new soakers and it looks like all we get this year is some piece of crap called the ooznator that shoots slime and water and the defender which is just the triple aggressor/hydro blade without all the extras( detachable pistle and grenade/ foam blade ect.) all the rest are recolored and some(Flash Flood, Helix, Defender, and Arctic Shock) can be attached to the backpack that comes with the overload.
AXE BOMB!!!

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:16 pm

HEY EVERYONE!!! Is this a look at one of the '06 soakers or a hoax? [url=http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-SOAKER-Max-In ... 11745QQrdZ
1QQcmdZViewItem]Ebay'd '06 soaker?[/url]
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)
US Naval Expeditionary Command(NECC)

Don't think outside the box...There Is No Box

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:27 pm

Uh, dude, look up. Already posted. Definitely not a hoax. No individual, sane or otherwise, would mock something like that up and then ruin their ebay reputation to put one over on us.

Of course, when I looked at your link, I actually read the description this time. That does indeed look like a universal backpack. One can only hope we'll see more interchangeable parts in the near future.

Didn't catch Scorpion's post originally. WOW. Fantastically bad lineup this year. They even killed the Devastator in favor of a backpackable MXD pistol. *shakes head* Are they TRYING to give business to Water Warriors or what?

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:26 pm

Can anyone post the clearer picture for us to look at? I'm sure we would all like to see it :)
ImageImage

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:41 pm

From what I have gathered and heard of the 2006 line, I think Super Soaker are going back to releasing guns like their 2004 SoakerTag line crap, some 2004 line guns are still there anway, although all the new blasters from the sounds of it are like the ones from 2004, except they have come up with a Max Infusion series name this time.

Super Soaker have once again disappointed (despite what I said when I first posted my finding of the 2006 gun).

Water Warriors look promising this year, and their guns will be the ones I buy, that's if they are actually going to promote their products in well known stores in the UK for a change! It would be nice.

Despite this, I feel that my soaker buying days are coming to an end. I just feel like I'm wasting too much money on eBay soakers, and soakers in general, especially sellers that lie to me and send me a broken gun that I have to fix, some I need to fix and give a good paint job to them for the summer when I have time, although I have had some good buys.

I'm really start to loose interest in soaking anyway, I don't have as much time as I used to have, so one day perhaps not so far away, it may be time to quit for me.

Anyway, 2006, in Super Soaker: Another let down, still with the Max D triggers, no new CPS guns, nearly all under average air pressure guns and what seems to look like crappy gimmicks and colour schemes for the most part.

As for Water Warriors: Looks promising, the sun is starting to shine in at least one place, and it looks like things may get better in 2007 for them, perhaps making Super Soaker think twice before they put another crappy and gimmicky line out again it seems.

That's all for now really.

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:26 pm

Yes Lord hasbro. (bow) General chinese production line, I suggest you move your soaker mode to super crapy. It will be done my lord. (bows again) The end of the soakers is near, General. But the loss of agrivationt from our custumers. Its death is a nessasary loss. Soon i shal have a new line of toys. One far dumber and more agrivating.
AXE BOMB!!!

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:49 am

So no 10 year CPS2000 aneversary re-issue in 2006,eh? I supose everyone prefers anyways 2004 and 2005 re-colours, a devestator kid and an Ooze pistol concept rip off that was popular in 2003 Zellers stores. And everyone also prefers 5 beans over a chest of gold.
The real question would be, what ever happened to the Tripple Agressor and Aquasquirtz recolours? Will that be the 2007 line, or did the Hasbro concept department forget about that completly while coming up with the ideas on the bus on the way to the presentation?