2006 soakers

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:41 am

isoaker_com wrote:While there's definitely room for improvement in the stock blaster market, IMO, the current trend is one of improving as opposed to getting worse (well, apart from the trigger problems due to Max-D trigger systems). I fear too many have become too pessimistic and only know how to rant, but not to make reasonable suggestions.
I sent SS an email this summer about my broken Flash Flood, but I didn't critisize. I got a letter back in the mail from them and it was rather encouraging. I know, the last thing you guys wanna do is suck it up to some major corporation, but they're more likely to listen to you if they see you promoting their product or telling them how good it is. I did offer some constructive criticism in my letter however. I'll type up both after class today.
:soakon2:
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:28 pm

Well it's obvious that if Hasbro wants to make a better supersoaker, they better get rid of the max-d trigger.

Edit: Why do max-d triggers break so often anyway.

Edited By LIGHT ANNIHILATOR on 1127244559
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:37 pm

There has been alot of talk lately about what will be released next year,so I decided to bring this topic back. I heard that many people are checking for copyrights, and e-mailing Big Bee, who has not logged on since April. If you get any information on next years line, or get a response from Big Bee post about it here.

:cool:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Some Guy

Post by Some Guy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:11 pm

Max-d triggers have a tendency of breaking, because of the spring pulling thing, which makes the valve open so fast. The spring always degrades, so it doesn't open or close like it used to. I know this is true because buzz bee uses a ball valve, without the springy thing and it works fine.

Edited By Some Guy on 1129432462

m15399

Post by m15399 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:57 pm

Well, I don't care what gets released next year for several reasons:
1) None of my freinds have anything better than a Flash Flood
2) If a soaker more powerful than the Flash Flood is released, I can simply use a homemade against my freinds (I would refrain from using the riot blast)
3) If soaker power declines, then my Flash Flood will (this is kinda sad) rule the field.

Edited By m15399 on 1129399199

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:24 pm

Well, I don't care what gets released next year for several reasons:
1) None of my freinds have anything better than a Flash Flood
2) If a soaker more powerful than the Flash Flood is released, I can simply use a homemade against my freinds (I would refrain from using the riot blast)
3) If soaker power declines, then my Flash Flood will (this is kinda sad) rule the field.

Here we are back again to the I need a better gun than my friends because i don't believe in my tactics stuff. Fortunatley I dont have to worry because whatever they release my cps 1-3-21k can kick it's a** to Hong Kong. :cool:

Speaking of Hong Kong has anybody heard from Big Bee?

Edited By LIGHT ANNIHILATOR on 1129404782

DX

Post by DX » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:23 pm

Here we are back again to the I need a better gun than my friends because i don't believe in my tactics stuff.

That's not always the case...you can have good tactics yet still want a better gun. I've seen what can happen when you try to execute advanced tactics with bad guns. In many of those cases, a better gun could have helped a tactic succeed. Of course you may want a better gun than the people you fight with, but you can still be defeated. A gun is only as good as its user to a certain extent.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:44 pm

Its interesting how every soaker comparison thread turns into a experienced v.s in-experienced topic.

As far as I'm concearned about quality in guns is quite simple:
A quality gun in itself will always beat a sucky gun in itself. Case closed.
Even sucky skill with a quality gun is still better than sucky skill with a sucky gun. So its only logical to conclude that quality skill with a quality gun is better than quality skill with a sucky gun. The problem is that most people see themselves as "Super Soldiers" who fight idiots. Well lets assume for a moment that its reality, and that the oponent is not an idiot. A quality tool will give people an edge. If people train/prepare to only fight n00bs, they only will be able to win against n00bs. Its fairly basic.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1129510528

m15399

Post by m15399 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:54 pm

Well, it's not our fault that we dont have any sirious soaking freinds. ???

DX

Post by DX » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:12 pm

A quality gun in itself will always beat a sucky gun in itself. Case closed.
Even sucky skill with a quality gun is still better than sucky skill with a sucky gun.

That is obvious, but bad skill+ good gun will not stand up to good skill, bad gun in most cases. If you don't know to use a CPS 2000, it could become for that situation, a "bad" gun. Basically, I am arguing that the user makes the gun good or bad, by itself a water gun cannot be either since it becomes good or bad in based on what the user does with it. Essentially, the type of weapon does not matter as much as how it is used. One user's total pwnage gun could be another's downfall. Most of what I have been saying in this topic, however, applies to veteran vs veteran teams. The skill of the user is so much more important during a serious battle when there are no n00bs. The type of battles when one little mistake can turn the tide, and every player's skill is at least average.

I agree with DA/DA2/ZOCCOZ that if you only can fight n00bs, you'll only win against them. One day you might face a better fighter and not be able to win. A common problem today is that most teams don't play serious water wars. That is fine, but they won't get into the higher levels of skill and strategy.

The points I raise here can be fully backed up on the battlefield, 1 on 1. :laugh:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:16 pm

^ True. before i would only fight n00bs and would always win, then one of my opponents actually used some tactics and winning was much harder.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:57 pm

Winning should not be easy as cake. That ruins the fun of the game and it gets boring after awhile. A hard-fought victory almost always feels better; you earned every inch of it. :cool:

Big Bee

Post by Big Bee » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:09 pm

Haven't posted since April? Sorry!

It's alittle too early to give a full disclosure of the 2006 line, but it's fair to say we are listening and doing the best we can. Some of the highlights:

Aqua-Master system will be improved to make pumping a little easier. Argon will still use 3 pumps, Xenon will go to 4 pumps and Krypton to 5 pumps. This will reduce the force by approximately half.

Splat Blaster is new for 06. Designed like a shotgun, one pump bladder system, large nozzle. Range is limited to about 25 ft. but it is a close-in defensive weapon. Shoots a big Blast of water with shot-gun like performance. This item was developed right here at i-soaker, if you go back through the suggestions, you can see it. Thanks to all of you who contributed, I hope it is what you were asking for.

Of course, previous models are still available in different color combinations for 06.

Big news for us is the Scorpion. It is a battery operated/diaphram system. Comes with re-chargeable batteries and shoots like a soaker, not piston operated blaster. 3 selectable nozzles. Price is a little high, so it is mostly being tested by retailers, very limited distribution, but if it is successful, it will open the door to bigger and better blasters.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:44 am

Bladder powered shotgun system in 2006, eh? That actualy would be something I might be willing to buy in contemporary retail next year. Will it be a different bladder system than Diaphram tech?

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:08 am

Wow! I like the sound of that Splat Blaster and the scorpion! I want to buy one of those. :)

Although, I just ask one thing, please try to distribute your products in big stores like Toys'R'Us in the UK please. I have two Water Warriors guns which I think are great, but I have been very lucky to get them. The 2005 Lightening and Argon really kick butt though! :goofy:

I am looking forward to the new line, but again, like I ask, please distribute them in the UK so I won't have to wait on internet sites years before I can get one. I would be very grateful.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:39 am

Big Bee! Great to hear some tidbits of news on the upcoming Water Warriors line!

The Splat Soaker sounds great! Shotgun-type of soaker that's hopefully not hard to pump should make for a good close-offensive blaster, especially if shots can be pulled off fairly quickly in succession.

As for the Scorpion, I'm curious on that one, but will admit I am a little biased against needing batteries for a water blasters. However, the fact that the batteries included are rechargable makes better sense. Any info on how long the blaster is good for on a full charge? The design is reminiscent of ideas I've seen floating around before from members wanting a blaster to re-pressurize itself. Nice to see you guys trying to meet the demands of the soaker enthusiasts!

Really looking forward to trying out these new blasters and can't wait to find out more info when you can say more!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:33 am

I think very soon Buzz bee will put Hasbro out of business. Buzz Bee listens to what people want, and that is the key to sucess. Any Water balloon launchers on the way? I haven't posted in a while... Probably won't, because it's winter! I'm glad to see a shotgun type soaker is on the way! :holidaysoak:

Edited By supersoaker on 1131028421
:flashflood: :soaked:

hehe...
You don't want supersoaker as your enemy!

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:58 am

Welcome back!

That shotgun sounds mighty interesting. I could've sworn I'd sworn off buying soakers after having only one battle this summer, but it looks like I've got one more to pick up... The Scorpion sounds cool too, but like Isoaker, I wonder about the longevity. If the batteries need to be recharged every other hour, backups had better be plentiful and cheap.

Looking forward to this years lineup. Thanks for getting me excited.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:41 pm

Big Bee is back, he has finally come back! :cool:

The scorpion sound's like it is going to be a beast compared to what Hasbro has out right now. Any idea of what the ouput will be like?

:soakon2:

m15399

Post by m15399 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:12 pm

I like the splat blaster, but I really don't like having batteries in soakers. It always makes me worried that they'll malfunction and then the blaster will die! Make sure you make extra batteries alvalable online (or in stores, but that would probably be a waste of time).