2006 soakers

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Magnor

Post by Magnor » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:15 pm

Seems to me that the cheaper the blaster, the more Hasbro makes. CPS is to "expensive" for them to make anymore (or so it seems) and air pressure along with piston is relatively cheaper. Mass production + cheap costs = high profit. Thats my take on things. Hasbro seems to be declining in nearly every aspect of the toys in their company, and that makes me sad. I remember when having a CPS made me feel all warm inside (and my friends all wet on the outside :) ). Fun times...I know that if they don't start to make more powerful/bigger blasters (I'm not very much into the homemade aspect, as it seems to give an unfair advantage) I won't be purchasing their guns anymore. Someday, after college (well, high school then college :P ), I'll be thinking about coming out with my own line of soakers (I'm thinking about majoring in Mech. Engineering and Electrical Engineering, or something to that effect). Six years guys and gals, and you'll see my brand of blasters on the market :) Until then, I hope someone can even rival my prototype design...Oh well. Hoping to see a nice Hydro-Power/Pre-Charge hybrid from BBT in 2006 and some mediocre guns from Hasbro (like a double barreled water gun, lol). Peace out
-Magnor
By the way, check out the Rules for my newly invented SoakFest-esque game in the Draft Soaker Rules thread. Input on all the games there is desired. So head on over and ctritique the rules as much as possible!

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:48 pm

I have never thought about it much but i might make my own blasters ( it's not very likley but it's possible). I to dont like the homemade route either, but if they dont make anything good next year i will make a homemade (if i dont make one later this year). :cool:

Edit: I Will write a letter to hasbro sometime soon asking why they make weak guns and what they will release next year.

Edited By LIGHT ANNIHILATOR on 1127073166
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:28 pm

I doubt that would work, but if we all e-mail them then that MAY make a difference. I say we should all e-mail them stating why they should bring back older guns and make better new ones. This may make an impact, considering that SSCentral and ISoaker are the two largest Water Gun websites. About 100 e-mails might make a small difference, but then again, maybe it will make a large one :)
By the way, check out the Rules for my newly invented SoakFest-esque game in the Draft Soaker Rules thread. Input on all the games there is desired. So head on over and ctritique the rules as much as possible!

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:33 pm

It's worth a try. Dispite past failed attempts we should try it. Give me the hasbro's email and i will send the first message. :cool:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:51 pm

I'm hoping for more precharging goodness from Buzz Bee Toys. As for hasbro, I won't be buying anything max-d, and max-d will probably take up their whole line up.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:36 pm

Duxburian wrote:I haven't used a Liquidator, and wouldn't unless it was a last, last resort with no other options available.
How do you know it's bad if you haven't used it before?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:38 pm

Doom wrote:Super Soaker CPS 2000 is the best water gun? It's got good power and range... not much else though. The poorly executed features include the single nozzle, the reservoir that is not big enough for many shots, etc. I think you're taking the common "power is all that matters" stereotype and adding poor spelling on top of it. Balanced weaponry is what wins.

The CPS 2000 is my favorite gun. I don't think you can acurately say that there is one BEST watergun. You can probably say that a gun is the best for a particular use, but not overall unless you're in a soakfest, and that would still be debatable.

Edited By marauder_4 on 1127086700
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:34 pm

Even the cps 2000 is not the absoloute best weapon in a soakfest it's close but not the best.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:13 pm

Let's not lose track of the topic here, guys.

This thread is to hypothesize what sort of blasters will be coming our way next year, not what is the 'best' blaster or why homemades are better than stock, such-and-such-blaster isn't good, etc.

While having some valid points, this thread is for trying to guess what's next!

I'm hoping for an improvement in the current CPS-based crop from Hasbro while Buzz Bee Toys will be enhancing their current line-up and adding in a few new soakers into their line.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

aphemushroom

Post by aphemushroom » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:34 am

Hasbro really has not been doing well in satisfying us, so I doubt they will release anything better than this year's line-up. But that's just my opinion.
Just be a mushroom. Not a duck, not a chicken, not anything. Just a mushroom. You are still reading this right?

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:01 am

Unless Hasbro is no longer a ToyIndustry giant, next year will probably be again alot of $10-$30 2X nozzlers with a 2-3 litre max tank capacity and a shooting distance of 30-35 feet. There might be some CPS or not. Those models will probably be again 24 inch max anyways, so it won't really matter if its CPS or not.

Thats what 99% of the consumer market wants.

Buzz Bee Toys might bring back the Diaphram models or some reformed Pre-Charger models.

As for all the Buz Bee bashing in this thread, all I say is this. Buzz Bee Toys makes soakers since 2003 and already compete very well with contemporary Hasbro models while in the same time at least trying to raise the bar on previous models. Super Soaker makes soakers since 1989 and have now trigger breaking models with tiny CPS chambers that try to disguise it by adding unlogicaly large riot nozzles and small backpacks to the look.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 am

Does anyone know what the best selling Supersoakers to date are? Or at least the best selling soakers per year, and how much Hasbro/Larami has made in profit off of them. I'm guessing the XP 70 and SS 50, but I might be wrong. There were alot of Arctic Shocks out this year, but I dunno how well those sold. I think it's a good gun, but not for $15. I recently picked one up for $8, and that was a pretty good deal.
You must admit that this year was an improvement on the past two years. If Hasbro does improve on this year the 2006 line could be pretty nice.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:53 pm

Arctic shocks have not been selling well. I only now one person who has one and he does not like it. This years guns are much better than 2003 and 2004, so if this improvment continues by 2007 we might see the 10x nozzle again. :cool:

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:15 pm

marauder_4 wrote:Does anyone know what the best selling Supersoakers to date are? Or at least the best selling soakers per year, and how much Hasbro/Larami has made in profit off of them. I'm guessing the XP 70 and SS 50, but I might be wrong. There were alot of Arctic Shocks out this year, but I dunno how well those sold. I think it's a good gun, but not for $15. I recently picked one up for $8, and that was a pretty good deal.
You must admit that this year was an improvement on the past two years. If Hasbro does improve on this year the 2006 line could be pretty nice.
I don't know the exact statistsics, but according to Big Bee, the most profitable models on the market is the $15-$20 range, if I remember right. And those have to be mid-sized to, other whise retailers won't buy that many of them since they require the shelf space. Therfore, this is the most likely model grouping to expect in the future of any company. They could try something else, but then it would hurt buisness.

CPS

Post by CPS » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:10 pm

I won't be buying anything max-d

But your avatar is the max-d 6000 :p

EDIT: didn't see the second page, sorry

Edited By CPS on 1127167950
here, you know you've won when you hear "blub blub ahhh! i give up"

DX

Post by DX » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:13 pm

doubt that would work, but if we all e-mail them then that MAY make a difference. I say we should all e-mail them stating why they should bring back older guns and make better new ones. This may make an impact, considering that SSCentral and ISoaker are the two largest Water Gun websites. About 100 e-mails might make a small difference, but then again, maybe it will make a large one

This has already been done and did not have any impact. Read the older topics. The Email campaign a year ago did nothing. The only way to influence big companies like Hasbro is A: don't buy their products, B: support their competitors, or C: hope they read your rants. They do monitor some boards, so even just one person from Development reading your complaints at least gets the ideas out there, despite the fact that they will be ignored.

I'm not all that enthusiastic about next year's line, seeing how money has shaped the ones of recent years.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:59 pm

Duxburian wrote:This has already been done and did not have any impact. Read the older topics. The Email campaign a year ago did nothing. The only way to influence big companies like Hasbro is A: don't buy their products, B: support their competitors, or C: hope they read your rants. They do monitor some boards, so even just one person from Development reading your complaints at least gets the ideas out there, despite the fact that they will be ignored.
Although the idea of boycotting Hasbro is good in theory I doubt it would work. The truth is we make up only a fraction of a percent of their total sales. I'm sure there are more people out there like us, but I would estimate that hardcore soaker fans only account for 5-10% of all super soaker sales.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:11 pm

Less. This is why my first attempt at a boycott on Hasbro failed before it ever had a chance of being started. We are basically [the community as a whole] enslaved to big companies, and what they decided to put out each year. The only thing that can impact that is economic changes and other companies opening, both events that we cannot control. Building homemades or even just modding a gun gives you that sense of control over your own destiny. Or, for those who don't like Tech, just buy the "higher quality" older CPS guns. Unless...2006 changes that. Which I doubt will happen, as economics give Hasbro no reason to do anythign but "stay the course." :(
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:02 am

marauder_4 wrote:
Duxburian wrote:This has already been done and did not have any impact. Read the older topics. The Email campaign a year ago did nothing. The only way to influence big companies like Hasbro is A: don't buy their products, B: support their competitors, or C: hope they read your rants. They do monitor some boards, so even just one person from Development reading your complaints at least gets the ideas out there, despite the fact that they will be ignored.

Although the idea of boycotting Hasbro is good in theory I doubt it would work. The truth is we make up only a fraction of a percent of their total sales. I'm sure there are more people out there like us, but I would estimate that hardcore soaker fans only account for 5-10% of all super soaker sales.
Hardcore soaker users make 0.000...1% of the market. The market counts global. And among the hardcore users, only about 5%-10% don't buy the contemporary stuff. Most hardcore users complain about the contemporary models, but you will still find a Flash Flood or a Devastator find in their collection.

There are boycotts and petitions against other companies that are 100 times larger and on smaller companies that still fail.

1 person to make a diference would require buying the majority hasbro stock shares. But if someone does that, then he/she better produce and sell cheap soakers to avoid financial ruin.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:41 am

Hmm.. I suppose 'tis only natural for a thread about what next year will bring ends up being more about why 'good' soakers will never be made by manufacturers and various individuals stating their stance on 'giving up' on stock models. Oh, and of course, restating the fact that manufacturers are companies that do need to make profits to survive.

Come to think of it, ever since the release of the CPS2000, there's been a growing number of complaints regarding the lack of power/style/capacity in water blasters. Even the 1998 line which is legendary these days was complained about back in 1998 since the CPS2000 was replaced by the lesser-firing-chamber capacity CPS2500 and that the CPS3000 lacked power compared to the CPS2000.

While there's definitely room for improvement in the stock blaster market, IMO, the current trend is one of improving as opposed to getting worse (well, apart from the trigger problems due to Max-D trigger systems). I fear too many have become too pessimistic and only know how to rant, but not to make reasonable suggestions. For those who tout homemades, those still fall under a different realm to most and, well, you won't get the masses into water warfare if you tell them the only good soaker is one you build yourself. As for modders, improved stock blasters typically mean a better base level from which to build upon, thus hoping for improvements in stock models is beneficial to oneself.

Guess I'm the eternal optimist...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: