Super Soaker SS50

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

Would you recommend this product to another?

Yay (i.e. recommend)
No votes
Nay (i.e. don't recommend)
50%
Undecided (i.e. not sure yet)
50%

Total votes: 2

isoaker

Super Soaker SS50

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:09 am

Super Soaker SS50 Review

Willing to share your experiences, thoughts, personal reviews on this product? If so, post below!

Note: you must be a member of iSoaker.net to be able to post.
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Mr BadWrench

Re: Super Soaker SS50

Post by Mr BadWrench » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:59 pm

ImageImage

Is there anyone odd about this blaster having 1990 stamped on it? and not saying super soaker on it anywhere?

Don
ImBadWrench@aol.com

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:23 pm

Welcome to the board, Mr. BadWrench!

Regarding your find, it is definitely a Super Soaker and happens to be one of the less-common camo designed SS 50s. Nothing notable about having 1990 stamped on the side. As for not saying "Super Soaker" on it, it likely once did on its reservoir, but its sticker appears to have come off.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Mr BadWrench

Post by Mr BadWrench » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:42 pm

I have a MDS also.... afraid to mess with it because it seems like the front aiming part might break.

I have a whole bunch of soakers, just figured Id join up and see whats going on.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:48 am

Wow, all this time and I never posted here.

There's not much for me to say though. I could only recommend it for decorating the armory and for pulling pranks, nothing more. (no, I can't recommend even for retro/light blaster wars, there are so many better compact options)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:48 am

I own 2 of these. I got them both from a yard sale for only $10! On one of them, the ring that holds up the tank is cracked. They both have minor differences. The cracked one says 1989 on it, the red cap on the back has an upraised O on it, the tank's sticker just says "Air Pressure Super Soaker 50", and there is a plastic ring around the bottleneck of the tank. Also, one of the patent numbers has a piece of plastic moulded over it. The other one says 1990 on it, the red cap on the back is just flat, there is no ring around the bottleneck, the sticker says: "For best performance, pump rapidly between shots" in small letters under the words: "Air Pressure Super Soaker 50".
Both patent numbers are visable on this blaster. So whats up with this? I'm guessing the cracked one is an older model, but the tank looks newer. It is possible however, that the previous owner switched the tanks.

But I would defenatly not recommend this blaster to anyone looking into serious fighting. Mine can only get about 27 feet of range. They're just mainly collectors pieces. I never use them in combat.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.