Buzz Bee Toys/Water Warriors - News, Suggestions and Other Info

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:30 am

I still think it would be neat to have a pre-made "riot blast" nozzle.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:47 am

Quote (Spinner @ Sep. 26 2004,08:31)
Has the idea of a pulse-fire system for WW guns been mooted yet?

That Idea didnt exactly cut it for the XP-90. I would rather not have a pulse fire system, it would limit the power in each shot. Any average Joe can get tap shooting from a CPS, its not that hard. But in my opinion, pulse fire isn't necessary, and may drive up the price.

Yeah, but the XP 90 was flawed anyway with a pressurised reservoir. It might be useful as a marketing gimmick which has some use in battle - and of course, it should have an normal setting.

Edited By Spinner on 1096217379
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:19 pm

Spinner wrote:
Quote (Spinner @ Sep. 26 2004,08:31)
Has the idea of a pulse-fire system for WW guns been mooted yet?

That Idea didnt exactly cut it for the XP-90. I would rather not have a pulse fire system, it would limit the power in each shot. Any average Joe can get tap shooting from a CPS, its not that hard. But in my opinion, pulse fire isn't necessary, and may drive up the price.

Yeah, but the XP 90 was flawed anyway with a pressurised reservoir. It might be useful as a marketing gimmick which has some use in battle - and of course, it should have an normal setting.
Even if the XP 90 wasn't a success, Hasbro madethe pluse-nozzle again in the form of the EES Turbine. Again, a marketing failure and hopefully a lesson learned well.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

jiany98

Post by jiany98 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:21 am

I have read that the pulse fire system was developed by lornie johnson and definatly patented.
I, mainly fight in XP skirmishes as there are not enough people with cps guns and those who dont refuse to play against cps guns.
I, having used the gun myself find that the gun saves quite a lot of preasure with the pulse fire. the sting is also higher. In an open area where you can see everybody the pulse is better. Anywhere else the stream is better. It works like a xp65 with the main defect being the reservoir, which cracks easily.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:22 pm

Sorry if this was posted before but I don't want to go through the pages, where are the water warriors being sold?

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:33 pm

Try your local Walmart or K-Mart.

Sapper46123

Post by Sapper46123 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:18 pm

Is there a website or a link or a picture or anything on the web besides this thread about these blasters?

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:47 pm

Sapper46123 wrote:Is there a website or a link or a picture or anything on the web besides this thread about these blasters?
You could try the Buzz Bee Toys official site or the isoaker.com reviews section but neither of those have images of the new 2005 WW lineup.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

CPS

Post by CPS » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:44 pm

ha ha i own one of the 2005 line up and can give you as many pictures as you like, just go to the topic "argon, xenon and kyrpton"
here, you know you've won when you hear "blub blub ahhh! i give up"

Big Bee

Post by Big Bee » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:33 pm

OK, Christmas season has come and gone, new Blasters are in production and shipping. Christmas 2005 product is ready to have buyers take a look. Now it is time to start working on Water Blasters for Spring 2006. I refer back to this message, but remember a lot of other suggestions that are not here. Now is the time for all good Warriors to voice their opinion, we will listen. Can't guarantee we will make it. Maybe someone wants to start a new string, I just dug this one up from the past. We are in the process of getting all the photos and information together to update the web site. I expect it should be updated by February, hopefully.

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:57 pm

Big Bee wrote:OK, Christmas season has come and gone, new Blasters are in production and shipping. Christmas 2005 product is ready to have buyers take a look. Now it is time to start working on Water Blasters for Spring 2006. I refer back to this message, but remember a lot of other suggestions that are not here. Now is the time for all good Warriors to voice their opinion, we will listen. Can't guarantee we will make it. Maybe someone wants to start a new string, I just dug this one up from the past. We are in the process of getting all the photos and information together to update the web site. I expect it should be updated by February, hopefully.

Hey Big Bee, thanks for popping in again. Over on the SuperSoakerCentral.net boards, we had a few people voice their opinions. They complained about the low shot time and the Extreme difficulty in pumping the krypton i think it was? Not sure but someone should post here, say who said that, I remember seing it somewhere. Still though, the gun probably just needed the pump lubed up with WD-40. I cannot make a conclusion since I do not have any Blasters from the Water Warriors 2005 lineup, however I am very excited to get a few.
:cool:

Edited By Iceman on 1104195618
_

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:07 pm

My input: Medium sized soaker, water resivoir that forms a stock/ plastic stock, 2.5-3x nozzle, and riot/shotgun blast (not fan blast). Seperate pressure chamber,try to mix power and shot time better, recently we've been getting one or the other. Oh, and a large CANNON (between cps 2100 and monster x sized) would be nice.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:49 pm

My ideas:

A gun or two with only one purpose that can only function for that specific purpose, preferably modelled around the function of real firearms. A series of single purpose guns would encourage people to buy more guns for different purposes, and would put some strategy into water-warfare. I can't imagine it would be hard to cook up a real short range shotgun (check out the Spas-12 and Crossfire Mk1 if you're interested) that holds only 8 shots or so. Or a pistol sized "sawed off" shotgun that gives out two huge shots at close range. A large caliber pistol would be good too. If you extended the tank downward like with an Uzi or Mac-10, you could put a diaphragm on top for extra power instead of just a pressurized tank. Another good weapon to look at would be the Bushmaster M-17S. The design looks like it would easily convert to a soaker.

Basically, my advice is to look at real firearms, look at the various designs and technologies, and then try and superimpose soaker technology over that. You'll still have to stick to toy colors, but realistic designs could go a long way.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:15 pm

I agree with Adrian about making more specialized soakers. Maybe a sniper rifle type of gun that's slender, serious looking, and may not get good shot time or output, but has great range, like 45-55ft. I also would like to see guns without gimmicks. What made me love the CPS 2500 was it's no-nonsense, streamlined shape with just the bare essentials. It's a cool looking soaker becuase of that. I think a design for use would be much better than one for style. All the gimmicks that Hasbro adds these days are just to hook little kids, while we would rather have use, not beauty. My 2 cents.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:54 am

Now is the time for all good Warriors to voice their opinion, we will listen.

As always, good to see Big Bee fielding the community for ideas. At the same time, while I've got plenty o' thoughts, I also would like to get a little better idea of what the 2005 line has to offer and make suggestions based on experience. I'll push up more once I feel I can say more definitive thoughts!

Otherwise, good to see you 'round, Big Bee! Happy Holidays, I hope, and soak on in 2005!

:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:03 am

Hey everybody, new guy here. I noticed people saying about the Krypton being hard to pump...I happened to get one for Christmas (I live in New Zealand). Yes, I can verify that it is VERY hard to pump, I think the the pre-charged air inside is the main reason for that, however it does make the gun quite powerful. I find an easy fix is to release some of the pre-charged air, which does reduce the power a bit, but makes pumping much easier. By the way, if anyone wants more info on this gun, let me know, I can take stats etc. if need be.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:25 am

By the way, if anyone wants more info on this gun, let me know, I can take stats etc. if need be.

I'd be more than appreciative if you'd be willing to write up a review on the Krypton (and any other soaker, for that matter) that you'd be willing to do. Stats, overview, and pics are a valuable resource to the rest of the community.

:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:35 pm

I agree with Dux. I'd love to see a rifle type soaker. Something for the older kids. A gun that is long and has the feel of a real rifle. I'd add more, but I have yet to see or use the new line myself.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:19 pm

Somehow I doubt that WW would be able to make soakers resembling actual guns in shape and feel. At WWN we already discussed this, and Big Bee mentioned that it would be unlikely. Also, one would have to turn the riffles into "Heavy Weight Models", meaning additional structrure and weight to simulate the weight and feel of a real gun. It also has to be balanced right to feel realistic. That will jack up the price at least $10. The best thing people can hope for is shapes like nerf guns. Plus a realistic design is technicaly wasted on soakers that squirt not more than 40 feet.

Edited By ANNIHILATOR 2 on 1104359554
Classical Spirit: Constantly improve power, pressure and style over previous state of the art water gun models. The ideal of "power progress", a nowdays non existent concept in retail water guns since 1997.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:30 pm

They could always increase the range. If I can make a soaker shoot up to 65ft. then they probably know how to make one shoot much further than that. However long range most likely won't be implemented. I think it is a waste to limit soakers to 45ft. or less. Longer range won't hurt anyone, they are just way overcautious. There really should be limits on what people can sue for.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers