Buzz Bee Toys/Water Warriors - News, Suggestions and Other Info

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:35 pm

Right. They go with our floating cars and rocket-jet shoes, huh Veteran?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:49 pm

Soakologist wrote:Right. They go with our floating cars and rocket-jet shoes, huh Veteran?

This type of post borders on trolling. Please avoid over-use of sarcasm when rebutting a previous post. If you disagree with what someone had stated in a previous post, that is fine and put in your counter-point. However, more often than not, excessive sarcasm only leads to mis-givings between members whether intentional or not.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:50 pm

Some of my previous ideas were posted on WW.net, so I lost those. Here they are again:

1. A relocated nozzle selector, like that on the Armordilla. (Spelling?)

2. An aperture-type nozzle - infinite settings, from pinhole up to Riot Blast.

And, a new idea:

3. A relocated handle.

On my 2700 and 2100, the trigger is located at the rear of the soaker. Although this is all right, I think that it would be easier if it was farther up. At the end of the tank, you could put a rest so you could hold it agains your sholder. It would also allow easier one-handed holding. Plus, it would look cool.

Look at the position of the Monster XL's trigger. Wouldn't it be hard to control with only one hand?

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:04 pm

trekkie00 wrote:3. A relocated handle.

On my 2700 and 2100, the trigger is located at the rear of the soaker. Although this is all right, I think that it would be easier if it was farther up. At the end of the tank, you could put a rest so you could hold it agains your sholder. It would also allow easier one-handed holding. Plus, it would look cool.
I do like the trigger placement idea, it wouldn't have to have such a distant wire connection to the nozzle, making there less a chance of internal breakage. I also think if Water Warriors did something like that, it would be a "gimmick" that worked well and would attract customers looking for a new spin on water guns.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:30 pm

having the handle further up the gun would be nice, but it would be better to have the resivoir shaped like a stock.

Edited By cooldood31 on 1090377066

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:04 am

I have some suggestions, Big Bee. For new CPS-like soakers, you should make the Pressure Chambers stronger so they get more power, range and velocity. Also use 900mL/30oz. and larger as guidance when deciding what size the Pressure Chambers should be. Also, for air pressure blasters, try to give them larger pressure chambers. Another thing you should look into is user-friendliness, make sure they are well balanced and comfortable to hold, NEVER make something with a handle like a Max-D 3000 or 4000. All the components should be well compacted, almost squished together, to allow smaller sizes with more power. Oh, and a good guideline for the distance your soakers shoot should be around 12 metres.

EDIT: By the way, did you say before that some of the employees that used to work for Larami now work for Buzz Bee Toys?

Edited By Falcon on 1090397256

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:31 am

Two more ideas. I'm on a roll!

1. Rubber-ridged grip.
This would be useful for comfort: you wouldn't need to worry about dropping the water gun when it's wet.

2. Teflon-Coated Tubing
I'm not sure how well this would work, but I would imagine that if the inside of the tubing, pump, etc. were coated with teflon, it would decrease friction and possibly increase force or speed.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:49 pm

trekkie00 wrote:2. Teflon-Coated Tubing
I'm not sure how well this would work, but I would imagine that if the inside of the tubing, pump, etc. were coated with teflon, it would decrease friction and possibly increase force or speed.
Problem is, after time teflon begins to come off and would contaminate the water which could hurt someone's eyes.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:18 pm

Actually, teflon might decrease the speed of the water. If there's not enough friction, the water will just "roll" out of the gun instead of really "firing" out.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:33 pm

Soakologist wrote:Actually, teflon might decrease the speed of the water. If there's not enough friction, the water will just "roll" out of the gun instead of really "firing" out.
Err... no.

Reducing friction inside would be great for achieving better laminar flow and yield nice cohesive streams. Water wouldn't roll out since it is the valves that keep the water in (typically a ball-valve is used near to the nozzle that is opened when the trigger is pulled). However, the problem with teflon flaking is there, though I don't know what would cause teflon to flake in the case of a water gun. It's not like a frying pan that is being subjected to high heat.

Of course, one other issue is that a teflon coating would likely drive the price of things up, too. The benefit of teflon isn't enough to justify the manufacturing cost increase, IMO.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:45 pm

You're probably right. iSc's the expert on water anyway. :goofy:
I guess I was thinking of teflon as a sort of lubricant, in which case, the water might "slip," if you will, and would "roll" out of the tubes at a decreased speed.
However, I forgot one thing: teflon's not a lube. :laugh:

Edited By Soakologist on 1090439165

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:50 pm

Personally, I think that a teflon coating would last for a while. I remember hearing on the History Channel that they used teflon to prevent a chemical they were using to extract U235 from dissolving the tubes/pipes/equipment for the first A-bomb.

If it worked with that, it should stay in a tube with water.

Big Bee

Post by Big Bee » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:20 am

OK, now another little secret. Teflon would decrease friction slightly and help in laminar flow as mentioned, not enough to create a visible difference and not enough to be worth the added cost. More importantly, these blasters are designed to work with water only and to degrade rapidly in the presence of organic compounds (gasoline, kerosene, etc.) Teflon would prevent or seriously reduce this process from happening. Not something we would want to do.

:soakon:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:41 am

these blasters are designed to work with water only and to degrade rapidly in the presence of organic compounds (gasoline, kerosene, etc.)

Y'know, for me, that's really a nice thing to know.
:cool:

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:51 pm

Wow, what materials do you use that degrade under chemicals but not water, I mean materials that can be preduced in large quantities for sale in water guns?

Edited By Veteran on 1090518765

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:07 pm

^Bumped
I just transfered what DA had put on the thread at WWn.

SilverFist

Post by SilverFist » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:08 pm

Big Bee wrote:More importantly, these blasters are designed to work with water only and to degrade rapidly in the presence of organic compounds (gasoline, kerosene, etc.)
I guess I won't be making my anti zombie Water Warrior flame thrower anytime soon :D

Serisouly though, I believe it is a great idea that your water guns would only accept water, the last thing we need is for some idiot to load some really nasty liquid in his soaker and blasting someone with it.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:00 pm

I remember Cmndr Bob talking about having t-shirts with targets that change color when hit, I think that if WW produced a similar product it would be more ofa sucess than Soakertag.

SilverFist

Post by SilverFist » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:05 pm

Veteran wrote:I remember Cmndr Bob talking about having t-shirts with targets that change color when hit, I think that if WW produced a similar product it would be more ofa sucess than Soakertag.
I really doubt that Veteran. Not enough people view water fights as a serious sport. Most people just use water guns to blast each other during a hot day.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:36 am

SilverFist is right, guys. Let's face it. SoakerTag hasn't become some huge craze. Sales are worse than they've been in years. Soakage is the lowest its been since 1993. Even the earliest XPs could easily defeat most SoakerTags. SoakerTag simply isn't working. If Hasbro's smart, they'll stop making them. If Hasbro's Smart, they'll restart/rerelease the CPS line. If Hasbro's smart, they'll start selling guns like the Monsters which cater to Teens and Adults, or at least older children. Right now, Water Warriors offer the best guns. The market's not completely stupid. It only takes a little report or newpaper article to blow Habro's cover. When that happens, you can expect Water Warriors to have sales boosts as long as they have a better product.