Buzz Bee Toys/Water Warriors - News, Suggestions and Other Info

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:45 pm

Oh okay, I get it now. That sorta threw me off as well...
Now I'm making acknowledgement posts too. See, veteran? :goofy:

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:31 pm

Perhaps I should break this string of acknowledgements...

If Big bee has no plan for officially establishing an online soaker fandom for Water Warriors as of yet, he might do something similar to an official fandom in the future. If Water Warriors products get popular enough, we could see online awards given out by Big Bee to sites like Isc, much in the way Hasbro gave out awards in 2002. Something like would fill our appetites for an expanded online role for Buzz Bee Toys.

Edited By Field Marshal Yang on 1089768830
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:00 am

Like best Water Warrior reviews, best war stories etc.? That would definetly bring us out of the dark ages. This period should be known as: "The Dark Age of Water War"

SilverFist

Post by SilverFist » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:01 pm

Why do you guys want to have a Water Warrior forum so much? Can't we just talk about Water Warrior here? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Big Bee contacted us through wwn (this board is like a clone of wwn)? Not some Buzz Bee toy forum? In all due respect to Big Bee, Water Warrior isn't that popular yet to have its own board.

Big Bee

Post by Big Bee » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:17 am

SilverFist wrote:Why do you guys want to have a Water Warrior forum so much? Can't we just talk about Water Warrior here? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Big Bee contacted us through wwn (this board is like a clone of wwn)? Not some Buzz Bee toy forum? In all due respect to Big Bee, Water Warrior isn't that popular yet to have its own board.
First, please allow me to appologize for not responding to this issue earlier. I have been totally consumed for the last week or so in my own sales presentations and have not had the time to review messages here.

Secondly, although it is not helping my ego, Silverfist is 100% accurate, Buzz Bee is not a popular enough brand name to support a forum in any meaningfull way on it's own at this time. The time will come, and we will sponsor a forum, this is not yet the time.

Third, this message board is for Water Warfare, regardless of the brand and that is the prime attraction for me, it is a place where there is no bias and bad item is called bad and a good item is called good and some items are called both depending on who is commenting. It is the broadest based site going and should not be changed. I have used this site in shameless promotion of my own product. I have used this site to learn what my ultimate customer is thinking and I have used this site to develop ideas for future production. I hope that I have given something back in return. I believe I have been able to inform and educate on various engineering matters, I hope I have been able to give a little excitement to the site. I also hope that I will be able provide you with the kind of products you want and will make your water battles more exciting and interesting. I have tried to keep the promotion down and the communication up. The purpose of this site is, after all, communication between individuals with common interest.

That all being said, I will have some really great news for all of you soon, and keep on thinking.

:soakon2:

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:30 am

Big Bee wrote:That all being said, I will have some really great news for all of you soon, and keep on thinking.
Great news, eh? Sounds like you're going to have some great soakers in the next lineup, Big Bee. But I have a question for you. Will the Water Warriors line be coming to Australia? If so, then that's great. If not, then I guess I'll be spending MORE money on postage to get some of your soakers. :(

Big Bee

Post by Big Bee » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:48 am

Falcon wrote:[ But I have a question for you. Will the Water Warriors line be coming to Australia? If so, then that's great. If not, then I guess I'll be spending MORE money on postage to get some of your soakers. :(
Actually, Water Warriors are already in Australia. They were carried at K-Mart last year. Sold through very quickly and maybe you didn't see them. This year, as you know, the water restrictions because of the drought, are seriously limiting all water blaster sales in Australia. You will be able to find our Water Warriors line in limited quantities at K-Mart again and you will also be able to find our new TV item the Aqua-Master Pre-Charger line at Toy World and several other retailers. The water restrictions can cause many things to change.

You know for sure, but for the benefit of other readers, Australia, being in the southern hemisphere, has summer and winter reversed from those of us living in the northern hemisphere, in other words, your summer is in December and January. You will get the first look at the new line.

:soakon:

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:53 am

Sweeeeet....... If your new line is as good as some of the older models in the CPS line, then I can guarantee you that I'll buy a fair few. I don't see how the drought should affect the stocks of soakers here though, as a giant water war with multiple CPS class soakers, that lasted several hours would probably use as much water as a single person watering their garden in the morning for 5 minutes would. Anyway, I'll see if I can find a K-Mart store in my area that has some leftover stock of the Water Warriors line. Glad to here that they're here, I thought that they might only be in the U.S. and Canada until you got a significant rise in sales. :;):

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:50 am

You know for sure, but for the benefit of other readers, Australia, being in the southern hemisphere, has summer and winter reversed from those of us living in the northern hemisphere, in other words, your summer is in December and January. You will get the first look at the new line.

Hmm... I think that's the first time that a line of soakers will be released 'down under' before being released up here! [Insert Envy Statement Here :goofy: ]

At any rate, definitely looking forward to any info you can pass along in the meantime.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:18 pm

Falcon wrote:as a giant water war with multiple CPS class soakers, that lasted several hours would probably use as much water as a single person watering their garden in the morning for 5 minutes would.
Err, I don't think that's accurate.... If you had 20 people which would be a {"giant war" and lets say they had to refill, 25 times each since it lasted a few hours if they all had splashzookas that would be 25 x 20 x 65. A guy watering his yard for 5 minutes wouldn't come close, unless he did it for more than 5 minutes and used a 20x nozzle, which would be a waste of water.

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:55 pm

Hey Big Bee, don't leave me out, man! I'm still waiting for the WW line to come to Singapore! :)
Iain'tgonnamissmy2ndchanceattheCPS2000... :D

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:15 pm

Big Bee wrote:Aqua-Master Pre-Charger line
The name is inspiring several different mental pictures. Remade SC lines, guns with backup pressure systems...you want to throw us poor mortals a morsel or two of information to keep us happy...? :goofy:

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:56 pm

Hey Big Bee, is Buzz Bee the company behind the Carrera guns on eBay.de? They look suspiciously similar to the Water Warriors line.

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:33 pm

Soakologist wrote:Hey Big Bee, is Buzz Bee the company behind the Carrera guns on eBay.de? They look suspiciously similar to the Water Warriors line.
I remember that Big Bee said something about how Carrera distributes Water Warriors products in Germany. By the way Big Bee, when Australians get their WW soakers, will the online soaker community get information about the 2005 lineup?
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

SilverFist

Post by SilverFist » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:17 pm

Big Bee wrote:You know for sure, but for the benefit of other readers, Australia, being in the southern hemisphere, has summer and winter reversed from those of us living in the northern hemisphere, in other words, your summer is in December and January. You will get the first look at the new line.
What? The Aussies get the new soakers faster than us (Northern Hemisphere people)? ???

Will, I guess you have to give Australia some slack because they recieve new video games like two months later than us.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:22 pm

Meh. We can't use the guns when the Aussies get them anyway. :goofy:

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:25 pm

Veteran wrote:
Falcon wrote:as a giant water war with multiple CPS class soakers, that lasted several hours would probably use as much water as a single person watering their garden in the morning for 5 minutes would.

Err, I don't think that's accurate.... If you had 20 people which would be a {"giant war" and lets say they had to refill, 25 times each since it lasted a few hours if they all had splashzookas that would be 25 x 20 x 65. A guy watering his yard for 5 minutes wouldn't come close, unless he did it for more than 5 minutes and used a 20x nozzle, which would be a waste of water.

Well yes, you're right, but I would have a hard time finding 20 people with CPS weaponry that would stay in a water war for multiple hours, anyway. I don't know about refilling 25 times each, I had a water fight the other day that lasted about 2 hours and I only had to refill three or four times. So unless you're constantly pumping and firing all the time, you won't need to refill 25 times each if you conserve water. Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that many "Soccer Moms" who see a giant blast from a soaker will think, "Whoa. What a waste of water!" But what they don't realize is that (I'll use a CPS 1500/1700 as an example) with a 3 litre reservoir, if you were pumping and firing constantly, it would still take a few minutes to run out of water, right? Well if you had a hose turned on and you were watering a garden, a litre would be used every couple of seconds. So 3 litres in ten to fifteen seconds is a fair bit different from 3 litres in several minutes. You also have to take into consideration that in a water war, you aren't going to be pumping, firing and refilling all the time, back to back. So the point I'm trying to make is that the drought here shouldn't really affect the amount of soakers that stores get in stock.

What? The Aussies get the new soakers faster than us (Northern Hemisphere people)?

Yes, because summer starts in December here, the same time your winter starts, and I doubt your stores will want to get soakers in stock when it's winter.

Edited By Falcon on 1090124941

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:11 am

Say what you want, but when the water supply is in Jeopardy! ® , I think that there are a lot more important things which you ought to concern yourself with than water wars.

Hahaha, I trademarked Jeopardy. :goofy:

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:18 am

Soakologist wrote:Say what you want, but when the water supply is in Jeopardy! ® , I think that there are a lot more important things which you ought to concern yourself with than water wars.

Hahaha, I trademarked Jeopardy. :goofy:

Hey, the situation isn't that bad, I mean it's not like we're going to turn on the tap one morning to find that nothing comes out, but the levels of the dams are lower than they should be, so we just have to watch that we don't leave our sprinklers running all day. We've still got several billions of litres left, not just hundreds or anything.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:32 pm

Falcon wrote:So the point I'm trying to make is that the drought here shouldn't really affect the amount of soakers that stores get in stock.
It might effect water avaliability though. However in the 21st century we have water pumped from far away where there isn't drought.