Buzz Bee Toys/Water Warriors - News, Suggestions and Other Info

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:12 am

emperor_james wrote:I would really, really like to know how to start a lawsuit over a SS50. How do you hurt someone with a watergun? On the other hand, if Water Warriors guns are really being targeted at teens to late-teens, then for them to get hurt something very stupid would have to be done by those involved. Not that some people wouldn't do that, but I doubt a lawsuit could be made.

I cannot and will not go into any specific details that I know concerning aspects of the lawsuits, mostly because putting up such info would explain, in some ways, methods of using a soaker to harm oneself or another individual, either of which is completely contrary to iSoaker.com policy and belief. The lawsuits won not because they made sense, but because there seems to be something inherently wrong with how some legal proceedings occur. I doubt many of you guys would have sided with the 'victims' unless you happen to BE the victim. Thing is, despite logical flaws, the blame landed on the manufacturer. It's not so much that more powerful soakers can't be made, rather that manufacturers are a huge target for those who abuse products, then look for someone to blame for their own carelessness. This is one of the considerations water blaster manufacturers are concerned about when setting the power limits on their products.

As for
pointless "safety" concerns.
if someone here would be willing to take full blame, financial responsibility, and could rebuild corporate PR in the face of media badgering over some goof abusing a higher-powered soaker, perhaps a company may be convinced to reduce their worries. However, in the face that there is a grey zone when it comes to liability if someone gets injured using and/or abusing a product (usually with liability eventually falling on the manufacturer), safety concerns are far from pointless.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:34 pm

Hey Big Bee, I would Like to see something like soakertag targets next year, LIKE them different, but with the same idea in mind, also I would like to see a water balloon launcher, I would definately buy it.

*and, Santa I'd like a Hydra pack, a Krypton and a 5th demension for christmas*:laugh:
:flashflood: :soaked:

hehe...
You don't want supersoaker as your enemy!

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:46 pm

I would really love to see the come back of blasters such as the CPS 1500/1700 . Maybe +40ft or +50ft. With the nice design of the Blazer, but with 2 or 4 DC chambers side by side, more like a sphricle CPS chamber (if that doesn't go against any copyright laws). And maybe 2 or 3 nozzle settings: a 5x, a 10x, (12.5x). Some recoil would be very nice indeed! ;)

The DC chambers are really something. I never thought of having mutiple latex bladders on a single soaker.
:cps1500: :baby: :blazer:

Edited By Lt.Winters on 1122925856
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:37 pm

Duxburian wrote:A recent experience led to this additional suggestion: A strong, well-built trigger system. I am liking company manufactured soakers less-and-less with each one of mine that breaks via the trigger or trigger valve. I'm personally REALLY sick and tired of doing trigger repairs; what has happened to quality these days? Is quality becoming just another casuality of the drive for profit?
I have a 1990 SS50 model which still has a stronger trigger than most new CPS models. With the Flash Flood that gets a broken trigger after a few months, Super Soaker really raises the bar in the twillight zone.

I think Hasbro uses the come-back-buy-again concept, where people buy the same model again after the last one broke. Of course one would wonder who is dumb enough to buy the same flawed item again and again, but most costumers are not called consumer-zombies for nothing.

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:03 pm

I would like to see the housing of the pump shaft to be sealed. It seems to be a tiny bit flimsy, but that may just be my opinion. The pump cap on my new Piranha came off, and after putting it back on, I discovered a very large crack in it. I don't know how it got there, but a threaded pump cap would be a nice addition instead of the ones that just pop off. The new electronic pressure gauges are nice, but I think it would reduce costs to replace it with a mechanical slider type device. IE: Like the Xenons pump gauge thing, but have different sections colored (red for no/very low pressure, yellow for medium, and green for full).

To summarize:

Things I would like to see in the future:

Mechanical slider power gauge
Stronger housing for the pump shaft
Threaded pump caps
Larger handles

Things that would be awesome:

Different colored/replacement shells for the water gun
More stores selling WW Water Weapons (WWWW?)
Diaphragm AND Pre-Charger tech all in one (Perhaps 2 or 3 diaphragms with air pushing on them, although that may require a larger resevoir, harder pumping, and a new trigger assembly)

Maybe you could release a line of "cannons" for the 13+ crowd, and perhaps create a water war "park". I know some people could use a constant place to have fun (and spray each other with massive amounts of water).

Things that shouldn't be changed:

The AWESOME style of your water guns, man, those things look cool.

And just a question: How much would it cost (approx. US $) to manufacture a custom water gun? (People send the designs to your company, you make it, ship it, and then own the rights to that water gun and all aspects that go with it. It would be cool to see, maybe once or twice a year, a contest where people submit ideas, not prototypes or anything, and then you pick one or two winners, make a special gun for them in a certain color with a one-of-a-kind Water Warriors paintjob and sticker saying something like "(Gun name here) X". The X just sounds cool to me...But after that you can manufacture them in limited quantities oncew a month and sell them on your site (with a limit per purchase of course) for like $30-40 US? I know I would buy one if it performed well and looked cool. Just an idea of course, aiming towards the higher end of the age group, where as now, most guns are intended for 8+, these would be made for 13+?;) :blazer: Mommy, I want a Water Warriors Blazer X for my birthday :goofy:
By the way, check out the Rules for my newly invented SoakFest-esque game in the Draft Soaker Rules thread. Input on all the games there is desired. So head on over and ctritique the rules as much as possible!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:43 pm

Note: I'm am opting to unpin this thread (and potentially close it as well). Not that it's a bad thread, rather I'd prefer to have a new thread of this sort each year after the new soakers appear. Basically, instead of having a monstrous thread, each year's thread will reflect current opinions about that year's line as well as contain the suggestions that our group has. As such, down the road, we can look at how much each year's suggestions has helped shape future lines.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:57 pm

Where can I disscuss this year's and the coming 2007 WW guns then? I had a few questions.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:16 pm

Thread closed as 2006 discussion thread now created.