Buzz Bee Toys/Water Warriors - News, Suggestions and Other Info

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Locked
User avatar
Field Marshal Yang
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:45 pm
Location: Setauket, NY
Contact:

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:36 pm

As almost all of the members suddenly become much more busy due to school, the visit frequency of Big Bee will reflect the autumn slowdown of this community. Then again, Big Bee might surprise us with a visit in the near future (within the next week or so).
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

User avatar
Iceman
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Post by Iceman » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:07 pm

Field Marshal Yang wrote:As almost all of the members suddenly become much more busy due to school, the visit frequency of Big Bee will reflect the autumn slowdown of this community. Then again, Big Bee might surprise us with a visit in the near future (within the next week or so).
It is true people are finding other things to do, but I do not think Big Bee will TOTALLY forget us. I mean I dont go to my basement much except to work or play Madden 2005, but I still use it, visit it, and make good use of it. Big Bee has established a good relationship with the fanbase, which is absolutly fantastic. He as already proven to me that he is a great guy (or girl? I apologize if offended) that runs a great company. Of course I understand its business to not let go details of your next lineup, but the names were enough to get me excited. I can't wait till Soakerdom gets its greatest chapter yet.
_

User avatar
isoaker
Posts: 7113
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:51 pm
Location: Elsewhere
Contact:

Post by isoaker » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:31 pm

Just to verify a point: Big Bee is a guy. :goofy: He's stated so in the past.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Soakologist
Posts: 1005
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Indianapolis (North Side)
Contact:

Post by Soakologist » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:41 pm

Iceman wrote:
Field Marshal Yang wrote:As almost all of the members suddenly become much more busy due to school, the visit frequency of Big Bee will reflect the autumn slowdown of this community. Then again, Big Bee might surprise us with a visit in the near future (within the next week or so).

It is true people are finding other things to do, but I do not think Big Bee will TOTALLY forget us. I mean I dont go to my basement much except to work or play Madden 2005, but I still use it, visit it, and make good use of it. Big Bee has established a good relationship with the fanbase, which is absolutly fantastic. He as already proven to me that he is a great guy (or girl? I apologize if offended) that runs a great company. Of course I understand its business to not let go details of your next lineup, but the names were enough to get me excited. I can't wait till Soakerdom gets its greatest chapter yet.
Regardless of how good this "chapter" is, it can't compare to the old days of 99 and 2000.
Does anyone remember complaining about the 2001 line? Boy, were we spoiled. NOW look at the line...

User avatar
isoaker
Posts: 7113
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:51 pm
Location: Elsewhere
Contact:

Post by isoaker » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:45 am

Does anyone remember complaining about the 2001 line?


The 2001 line contained the CPS1-3-5, XP Backfire, XP Triple Play, not to mention the Soakin' Cellphone and Camera. Actually, yes, I do remember hearing a LOT of complaints about the 2001 line... :goofy:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Soakologist
Posts: 1005
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Indianapolis (North Side)
Contact:

Post by Soakologist » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:22 pm

I meant the entirity of the availability of the 2001 line. Man, we were spoiled.

User avatar
trekkie00
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:34 pm
Location: No longer in Mascoutah, IL
Contact:

Post by trekkie00 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:07 pm

Didn't we used to complain about the 2700?

User avatar
Field Marshal Yang
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:45 pm
Location: Setauket, NY
Contact:

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:40 pm

trekkie00 wrote:Didn't we used to complain about the 2700?
Yeah, now we have several members who nearly worship it. Then again I nearly worshipped the 3200 for about a year or so in 2002 and 2003. If we look back on Hasbro's 2002 lineup we were still spoiled compared to this year's SS lineup. MX and MXL were still in production and we got the 2100 and 4100.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

Soakologist
Posts: 1005
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Indianapolis (North Side)
Contact:

Post by Soakologist » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:17 pm

Then again, we did think that the Secret Strike was good, and it really isn't...

User avatar
Adrian
Posts: 1387
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:05 pm
Location: WI, USA
Contact:

Post by Adrian » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:44 am

^^^Finally, someone says what I've thought all along! The Secret Strike ISN'T a good gun!

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

User avatar
bunny2002sg
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:29 am
Location: Singapore

Post by bunny2002sg » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:37 am

Soakologist wrote:Regardless of how good this "chapter" is, it can't compare to the old days of 99 and 2000.

You'll never know... :D

Big Bee might give us something even better than the '99-'00 lineups. (BIG hint to the Bee :;): )
Iain'tgonnamissmy2ndchanceattheCPS2000... :D

Soakologist
Posts: 1005
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Indianapolis (North Side)
Contact:

Post by Soakologist » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:49 pm

Not legally, anyway. :goofy:

User avatar
Iceman
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Post by Iceman » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:27 pm

bunny2002sg wrote:
Soakologist wrote:Regardless of how good this "chapter" is, it can't compare to the old days of 99 and 2000.

You'll never know... :D

Big Bee might give us something even better than the '99-'00 lineups. (BIG hint to the Bee :;): )


I seriously doubt that. While we do not know the exact stats of the new blasters, we assume they are all types or varieties of guns. Heck, the only 2 menacing sounding ones to me are the AquaTech Cannon and the re-released Blazer. It is also too late in the process to change the lineup, Bunny2002sg. He has already demonstrated this year's lineup to customers in Hong Kong, and is finalizing details most likely on how the guns are going to be released and where, etc, stuff like that. It’s nice to dream, and were getting some nice blasters from Water Warriors next year. If your mind is set on the average power as a CPS gun, expect only the Blazer and Aquatech Pack to push the envelope. For the others, we do not know much. I wish luck to Big Bee and his company; he’s going to get this right :)




Edited By Iceman on 1095290950
_

Soakologist
Posts: 1005
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Indianapolis (North Side)
Contact:

Post by Soakologist » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:00 pm

He's on the right track, that's for sure...

User avatar
Field Marshal Yang
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:45 pm
Location: Setauket, NY
Contact:

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:51 pm

And since 2005 seems to a big step above what we got out of Water Warriors this year, who knows what the 2006 WW lineup will be?...
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

User avatar
bunny2002sg
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:29 am
Location: Singapore

Post by bunny2002sg » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:22 pm

Iceman wrote:
bunny2002sg wrote:
Soakologist wrote:Regardless of how good this "chapter" is, it can't compare to the old days of 99 and 2000.

You'll never know... :D

Big Bee might give us something even better than the '99-'00 lineups. (BIG hint to the Bee :;): )


I seriously doubt that. While we do not know the exact stats of the new blasters, we assume they are all types or varieties of guns. Heck, the only 2 menacing sounding ones to me are the AquaTech Cannon and the re-released Blazer. It is also too late in the process to change the lineup, Bunny2002sg. He has already demonstrated this year's lineup to customers in Hong Kong, and is finalizing details most likely on how the guns are going to be released and where, etc, stuff like that. It’s nice to dream, and were getting some nice blasters from Water Warriors next year. If your mind is set on the average power as a CPS gun, expect only the Blazer and Aquatech Pack to push the envelope. For the others, we do not know much. I wish luck to Big Bee and his company; he’s going to get this right :)
I meant 2006 and beyond. :D
Iain'tgonnamissmy2ndchanceattheCPS2000... :D

BlueMage
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Central VT
Contact:

Post by BlueMage » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:48 pm

All hail the CPS 2700!

anyway i wish we had pictures of the '05 lineup. if WW outperforms supersoaker again next year, i just might buy one or ten. :p
-The Wizard of Water
Image

Soakologist
Posts: 1005
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Indianapolis (North Side)
Contact:

Post by Soakologist » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:56 pm

Well, duh, ya think it might?! Derf nerf... ???

Spinner
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:06 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Spinner » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:31 am

Has the idea of a pulse-fire system for WW guns been mooted yet?
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

User avatar
Iceman
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Post by Iceman » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:09 am

Spinner wrote:Has the idea of a pulse-fire system for WW guns been mooted yet?

That Idea didnt exactly cut it for the XP-90. I would rather not have a pulse fire system, it would limit the power in each shot. Any average Joe can get tap shooting from a CPS, its not that hard. But in my opinion, pulse fire isn't necessary, and may drive up the price.




Edited By Iceman on 1096211476
_

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests