Buzz Bee Toys/Water Warriors - News, Suggestions and Other Info

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:46 am

Additional Items:

Non-reuseable SoakerTag system no good. If allowable, making a re-useable type of tag or target would be highly desirable, even if they needed to be purchased separately or perhaps only included with the larger blasters. Maybe even a shirt or belt or straps that changed colour significantly when wet would be good.

Refill Station: I'd love to see some device that'd be a step up from the original Fast-Fill/QFD. Basically, it'd be a hose attachment, but designed for making it even easier for filling water blasters. Standard garden hose nozzles are alright, but perhaps a modified nozzle that doesn't spray back when filling a typical reservoir would be nice along with a nozzle for filling water balloons. Add on an Armor-dillo-type turret defense along with the filling station and one now has a mini-base wherever a hose is available.

'Hardpoints' on blasters for potential add-ons (i.e. slide on Flash light, mini-soaker, or even allow some blasters to be combined/locked together but not quite how it's done for the 5th Dimension). If blaster body designs were tweaked along with some more specialized blasters being available, I would imagine people slapping a smaller soaker alongside of a larger one as backup. This would make it potentially easier to carry around more than one soaker.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:14 am

Isoaker's post got me thinking. Some sort of short range, one-shot soaker, along the lines of an underbarrel shotgun, that would be an optional attachment. An extra accessory designed to attach to certain guns, and purchased seperately. This would of course mean redesigning some of the guns to allow for the attachment. Longer barrels (sort of like some of the old Classic SS guns) with some sort of rail or clamp system would be the best way to attach this.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:14 am

Some suggestions. Mine maybe a bit similar to others but its just my thoughts.

>Make your guns have big firing chambers so it can support bigger nozzles for more soakage and more shot time.

>Perhaps have a gun that can get long ranges of about 50 feet but perhaps with a nozzle of about 3-5x would be fantastic.

>Make more guns that use hydro-power technology so that you can create a range of powerful guns with big nozzles.

>I have noticed how all the air pressure guns you made (apart from the Aqua Master Pre-Charge System) are pessure reservoir guns. I am not too keen on these but I am not stopping you from making them. It would be nice to see more air pressure guns using separate pressure chambers which mean more power and less pumping to feed the reservoir with air. Perhaps again make a different range of them for different aspects in battle like make some that have fairly large pressure chambers to support larger nozzles and perhaps riot blast types of nozzles too. Or perhaps just making normal ones with fairly but not so big chambers that still give a good punch and has a fairly good size to be kept as a sidearm perhaps. Medium ones would be good too perhaps with some having special features.

>I have heard a review of the new improved Blazer. It had more improved nozzles. There was a large nozzle on it, the review said that the large nozzle felt underpowered, it also said this on reviews of the Hydra Pak as well that the large nozzle lacked on power and range. Perhaps trying to find a way of making large nozzles you put on guns have a good power and feel would help a lot as then I could buy a powerful gun without having to spend so much money easier since it is available which brings me on to my next point.

>When making more guns that use hydro power experiment with your ideas to create a different range of blasters which do different things. You could do some sort of special close range shotgun blast style gun which could have just a normal nozzle too at about 2x or something like that. Or guns like the Blazer or Pirahna that have a range of different nozzles from small to large with big firing chambers and good power in each nozzle. Also, more powerful, high water storage and firing chamber backpack guns that have good power and again vary with good powerful and good ranged nozzles would be nice.

>I really want to obtain your new guns like the new improved Blazer and Pirahna.etc. But me and a few others here can't find any of the the good ones that are available in the United Kingdom. I have seen a few but they are the smaller ones which I am not bothered about. If you made the guns available in the main stores here like Toys'R'Us, Argos, Asda, Toyworld, Woolworths (although I saw a Gremlin in the Woolworths in Leeds but again its not one of the big ones on my list) it would make things a whole lot easier for me as I could just go to the store near me and pick one up straight away. The shops that I was told that the guns I wanted were being shipped to in the UK were nearly all ones I hadn't heared of apart from the Gadget Shop which now has unfortunately shut down so that is one less place to rely. The only place in the UK I have found that I was told about I would have to order off online and that's even if they will be getting them in. So if this problem was fixed I could enjoy myself with a good gun from you without having to go through loads of trouble buying it. I would be very grateful and thankful if this ws done.

Although I do know that cost is a huge aspect of this. :(

Thanks for reading and hope these ideas help and come true. :cool:

:blazer:

Edited By Wild Boys on 1117729958

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:52 am

"Refill Station: I'd love to see some device that'd be a step up from the original Fast-Fill/QFD. Basically, it'd be a hose attachment, but designed for making it even easier for filling water blasters. Standard garden hose nozzles are alright, but perhaps a modified nozzle that doesn't spray back when filling a typical reservoir would be nice along with a nozzle for filling water balloons. Add on an Armor-dillo-type turret defense along with the filling station and one now has a mini-base wherever a hose is available."

I think this is a great idea, but I have to stress that the design of the hose adapter on the Armor-Dillo needs to be redesigned or somehow tweaked so that it doesn't leak really badly. If another blaster of this type is attempted, this is something I really think needs to be fixed. Otherwise, a turret defense blaster (large or small, hose connected or not) would be an awesome add on to a "base defense kit."

Such a kit could include some kind of storage tub for water balloons and possibly a pump for transfering water from another source, like a bucket.
"...Yes."

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:24 pm

I would like to see generally more powerful guns. I really don't see why the power of the CPS guns is lacking in the newer guns, the excuse of safety doesn't really seem to hold up. I personally have never hurt anyone with my CPS 3200, and my I can say that it doesn't seem at all painful to be hit in the face with a CPS 2000 (the youth director at my church produced one at a church water fight).

I agree that a redesigned Armor Dillo would be good. One with a pressure chamber would be nice. I myself often use my CPS 3200 as a hose attachment, the end of the tube that attaches to the backpack fits onto a garden hose, so you have unlimited water and no pumping. While you dont get an endless stream, the firepower is unmatcheable.

I also agree with the idea of a backpack that fits all Water Warriors guns. This would be very useful. Perhaps these could also function as a portable fill station for your teammates. Whatever the uses, backpacks should be made as comfortable as is practically possible. Something along the lines of the Aquapack Devastator's backpack.
ownage

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:28 pm

I would like to see generally more powerful guns. I really don't see why the power of the CPS guns is lacking in the newer guns, the excuse of safety doesn't really seem to hold up.

While Big Bee may be able to address this one better, but while the group might be fine, fact is that there are just too many dumb lawsuits that do go through that puts the blame on companies as opposed to users when it would be almost obvious to anyone else that the user was out-of-line. Manufacturers just cannot afford the liability they face when a careless user abuses their product.

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:01 pm

How about a group of more powerful soakers, aimed at the older crowd. Put a higher age on the box, and if any lawsuits arise, the parents are to blame. There would be a few kinks to work out though, kinda like the video game industry. We'd be hearing, "How could you sell this product to my child?" That gets on my nerves.

~SO
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

Soaker_Commander

Post by Soaker_Commander » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:02 pm

I completely agree with SharpObjects, that would be great. I'm sick and tired of the kiddy soakers with sound effects and useless functions

How about a backpack, that can be used as a filling station (with some kind of tap), and has a holder on each side that could hold some small guns (like 2 hornets or something) that would come with the backpack. I think most people (I know I would) would like the idea of being able to carry extra guns and water onto the field.

just an idea.

and if anyone wants a piranha, heres a link to it on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec....3471849 :)

Edited By Soaker_Commander on 1117766009

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:45 pm

isoaker_com wrote:
I would like to see generally more powerful guns. I really don't see why the power of the CPS guns is lacking in the newer guns, the excuse of safety doesn't really seem to hold up.

While Big Bee may be able to address this one better, but while the group might be fine, fact is that there are just too many dumb lawsuits that do go through that puts the blame on companies as opposed to users when it would be almost obvious to anyone else that the user was out-of-line. Manufacturers just cannot afford the liability they face when a careless user abuses their product.

Sure, but are there really very many examples of incidents where someone got hurt by a water gun? I really don't know how it could happen with someone over 6 years old, and then only if it was a collosussed CPS 2000 and it managed to knock over the toddler on an oil spill and for no reason the oil exploded.
ownage

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:32 am

As for the soakers for older users, I would not count on it since Big Bee already mentioned once that the main consumer groups are unfortunatly parents and pre-teens. So an expensive huge or powerfull soaker will cost Buzz Bee profit since the teens and adult users on the forums are 0.00001% of the watergun consumer market. So the typical watergun user would be fat little Billy, who wished his watergun would be filled with nugat.
Anyways, Big Bee listens to our ideas, but we are not the main target group.

As for power, my suggestion still stands, that Big Bee should find out the legal child safety limit of pressure in a watergun, and use that limit as its max. Thats the only way to have higher pressure without serious Lawsuits. All the lawyer has to do is show the maximum pressure stats and case is dismissed.
Classical Spirit: Constantly improve power, pressure and style over previous state of the art water gun models. The ideal of "power progress", a nowdays non existent concept in retail water guns since 1997.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:18 am

Sure, but are there really very many examples of incidents where someone got hurt by a water gun?

Sadly, yes, but since I'm not sure about what I can or can't say, I won't be giving specific examples. Let's just say there have been incidents and lawsuits (successful ones) over things done with the SS50 and SS100 (let alone the bigger ones).

Big Bee should find out the legal child safety limit of pressure in a watergun, and use that limit as its max.

Uh.. he is already well aware of what the limits are. However, I'd not recommend setting that number as a max since, due to variability in the manufacturing process, if your average soaker is at max allowable power, that then means that there will be some made beyond max allowable power, thus opening the room for a potential successful lawsuit. If a max power is known, the average power of the strongest soaker needs to be lower than that such that the variation introduced when making soakers means that at worst, none will go beyond the max.

Don't be too presumptuous. Though I can't speak for him directly, I'm still under the impression he's gearing Water Warriors soakers upwards into at least the teens to late-teens (which partially explains why the Krypton's pump is so much harder. It IS meant for older soaker users). "We" is also a little vague since even this group is made up of a large mix of ages, yet still more in the younger teenage years.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:44 am

ANNIHILATOR 2 wrote:So the typical watergun user would be fat little Billy, who wished his watergun would be filled with nugat.
Oh man, you have NO idea how hard I laughed when I read that. Seriously, that was hilarious.

I think Big Bee's listening to us and incorporating our ideas. This year's lineup is, IMO, an improvement over last years (which I think will eventually go down in history) and we've had a direct influence on that.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:32 pm

" However, I'd not recommend setting that number as a max since, due to variability in the manufacturing process, if your average soaker is at max allowable power, that then means that there will be some made beyond max allowable power, thus opening the room for a potential successful lawsuit. If a max power is known, the average power of the strongest soaker needs to be lower than that such that the variation introduced when making soakers means that at worst, none will go beyond the max."

Perhaps the next major advancement in soaker design won't be a new fireing system like CPS or what have you, but a way to refine the manufacturing process so that soakers can be made that safely stay just under the maximum allowed power levels? I don't know if that's even feasable, but in terms of long term goals, fine tuning that process might be something to look into.
"...Yes."

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:26 pm

isoaker_com wrote:
Sure, but are there really very many examples of incidents where someone got hurt by a water gun?

Sadly, yes, but since I'm not sure about what I can or can't say, I won't be giving specific examples. Let's just say there have been incidents and lawsuits (successful ones) over things done with the SS50 and SS100 (let alone the bigger ones).

Big Bee should find out the legal child safety limit of pressure in a watergun, and use that limit as its max.

Uh.. he is already well aware of what the limits are. However, I'd not recommend setting that number as a max since, due to variability in the manufacturing process, if your average soaker is at max allowable power, that then means that there will be some made beyond max allowable power, thus opening the room for a potential successful lawsuit. If a max power is known, the average power of the strongest soaker needs to be lower than that such that the variation introduced when making soakers means that at worst, none will go beyond the max.

Don't be too presumptuous. Though I can't speak for him directly, I'm still under the impression he's gearing Water Warriors soakers upwards into at least the teens to late-teens (which partially explains why the Krypton's pump is so much harder. It IS meant for older soaker users). "We" is also a little vague since even this group is made up of a large mix of ages, yet still more in the younger teenage years.

Quote (ANNIHILATOR 2 @ June 03 2005,05:32)
So the typical watergun user would be fat little Billy, who wished his watergun would be filled with nugat.

Oh man, you have NO idea how hard I laughed when I read that. Seriously, that was hilarious.

I think Big Bee's listening to us and incorporating our ideas. This year's lineup is, IMO, an improvement over last years (which I think will eventually go down in history) and we've had a direct influence on that.

Adrian

As for power, in case of manufacturing differences in power then, using a slightly lower target max amount would take care of renegade modlels which would almost meet the actual main pressure amount . In any case, using the specific lagal max amount should be beneficial. How it is handled will be a mathematical engeneering issue from there.

I would assume that Buzz Bee would listen to our ideas for concepts that can be generaly used for any age group. Wanting to include the teens, but not loosing focus on the main consumer group which are the casual pre-teens. Ideas that will alienate the normal consumer group would be less beneficial. The hard pump on the Krypton might just be a design mistake rather than being build for older users. At this point, its all guessing.

Now having said that, an average consumer like fat little Billy won't like that hard pumping since all those peanut m&m candy pieces would fall out the his pockets with all that workout.( I got a million of those ziingers, Adrian :;): .)

Edited By ANNIHILATOR 2 on 1117834103
Classical Spirit: Constantly improve power, pressure and style over previous state of the art water gun models. The ideal of "power progress", a nowdays non existent concept in retail water guns since 1997.

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:32 pm

I would really, really like to know how to start a lawsuit over a SS50. How do you hurt someone with a watergun? On the other hand, if Water Warriors guns are really being targeted at teens to late-teens, then for them to get hurt something very stupid would have to be done by those involved. Not that some people wouldn't do that, but I doubt a lawsuit could be made.
ownage

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:26 pm

Oh, one thing that hit me today that I'd love to see come back are transparent reservoirs. it made checking water levels easy, and transparent molded plastic looks cool. :p
"...Yes."

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:57 pm

On another note regarding a kind of "Base Kit", I could see pairing each piece of equipment (Pump, what have you) off with a smaller midsize blaster, so that gives buyers an extra incentive to pick it up. Plus, when you've got all the "pieces" you've got a small arsenal to go with it.
"...Yes."

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:44 pm

A recent experience led to this additional suggestion: A strong, well-built trigger system. I am liking company manufactured soakers less-and-less with each one of mine that breaks via the trigger or trigger valve. I'm personally REALLY sick and tired of doing trigger repairs; what has happened to quality these days? Is quality becoming just another casuality of the drive for profit? Now you see why I'm warming to homemades: this is what is happening with company made soakers:
. Power is declining
. Range is declining
. Quality is declining
. A handful of people are fed up, and resorting to other methods to recover those lost stats and circumventing those pointless "safety" concerns.
:angry:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:02 pm

Make that a handful +1. I don't see why we shouldn't have better quality. Along with the other things stated. I don't have any problems with BB Toys, its mainly Super Soaker.

I've always been loyal to the Brand, but its a real problem. I will say 05 was a somewhat improvement.

~SO
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:50 pm

"A handful of people are fed up, and resorting to other methods to recover those lost stats and circumventing those pointless "safety" concerns."

The reason for the decline in power and pointless safety concerns have already been addressed, go back and read.
"...Yes."