Waterballoons - This'll sound like heresy...

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:12 pm

...but I hate 'em. They're extremely inefficient (time spent loading v. their one-shot existence), it's hard to throw them accurately, they're either worthless or painful close up, and you have to pick up rubber from your battlefield afterwards.

Anybody here that doesn't like water balloons, or doesn't use them?

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:41 pm

I too never understood what was so great about water balloons or water balloon launchers. To me, there's not a single advantage. Sure, they can get improved range, but we're all not professional football players here - accuracy is a big issue.

And don't go try to convert me or something... I've built a water balloon launcher and helped build two water balloon catapults. I've done it all.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:56 pm

Originaly when my friends storm 750 broke we would have water ballon fights. But at the time i did not like water balloons and my friend did not have ( and still does not have a super soaker ) so he and his brother used water balloons. We changed it to water fight since i perferd my 1-3-5 over water ballons. This was when i used to have water fights (me and my frieds vs high school kids) 2 years ago. Overall though water balloons and wbl's are good as last resort weapons or main weapons if you are a hwo.
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:08 pm

hehe.. once upon a time, water balloons were the best way to do serious soakage back when the typical water gun shot mini-squirts of water. Nowadays, I think I've used the odd water balloon, but usually only when significantly increased range was required (I can't throw that far, but can throw definitely farther than most water streams can). There is still something rather satisfying when smacking someone with a well-thrown water balloon. Granted, clean-up is a bit of a chore and soakers are what I prefer, but there seems to always be a time that the water balloon has its advantages (if even only for last resort). ;)

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:20 pm

hehe.. once upon a time, water balloons were the best way to do serious soakage back when the typical water gun shot mini-squirts of water.

I fought with only water balloons from 1997-early summer 2002. My friends and I had no water guns, simple as that. When you only fight with just the balloons for such a long time, you acquire deadly aim with them. We would bring bags of balloons in our pockets and fill them wherever for wars. I have a few funny stories from back then [Like when 2 really strong guys chased us after I nailed them right in the chest from across a large boatyard.]

Of course, I've lost that great accuracy I once had. Water balloons are getting less decisive in Waterbridge-Militia wars, although in one of them, I made the tying kill with a water balloon. The Douchenator still has yet to make its battle deput, we aren't sure how that will affect the current affairs. It will, however, bring the intimidation factor back, a factor that is rarely seen when 2 hardcore, veteran teams clash. Intimidation is currently almost non-existant in our wars.

I could probably still do well in a water balloon-only fight, but for now soakers rule the battlefield. :cool:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

freak

Post by freak » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:44 pm

waterballoons... They have there cons, but when used correctly they are pretty good. The have more stoping power then most water guns and they have great range if you have a good arm. Now for the cons. To be used effectively you have to make a tons of them. I don't know about you, but I hate filling them. also, though I can get great range on them, there pretty easy to douge.
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.

aphemushroom

Post by aphemushroom » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:00 am

filling balloons are a pain. When you have to fill hundreds of them, you would just rather pick up a soaker. I don't bother using them anymore.
Just be a mushroom. Not a duck, not a chicken, not anything. Just a mushroom. You are still reading this right?

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:28 am

Some people just throw (wipe) them unsualy hard. I'm 10 feet away and this guy wipes a water balloon at me, he misses but the balloon went for another 30ft. *sigh*

w00t!! 100th post.

Edited By Lt.Winters on 1126664465
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:07 pm

But used effectivly waterballons have greater soaking potential than super soakers.
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:21 pm

Not really, as water balloons tend to either be to big and burst to soon, or to small and not burst at all. I nailed my friend rigt in the back with one that was to small, and it didn't explode on him, fell to the ground, and popped. They take time to fill, have to be carried so they don't pop, and are just overall messy and expensive. Who wants to get nailed in the forehead (or anywhere else) with an underfilled balloon? My friends just play catch with them and have a fun time, we never reallly use 'em in wars or anything...just my 2 cents though.
By the way, check out the Rules for my newly invented SoakFest-esque game in the Draft Soaker Rules thread. Input on all the games there is desired. So head on over and ctritique the rules as much as possible!