Blaster Classification

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
teamfear

Blaster Classification

Post by teamfear » Thu May 21, 2009 9:27 pm

I have thought of a project. I want to begin to make a list of the blasters and then add their class i.e. Assult Rifle, Carbine. Most blasters are not classifed as one of these and I think it would be great to add that to the product listings page.
@ISoaker:
Do I have permission to use the list of blasters on Isoaker.com to add to a chart and put a blaster class?
If so I will post the list so other members can sugest changes so it can be complete to the fullest knoledge of the community and possibly posted as an article in the Armoury section of the website.

Thanks,

isoaker

Re: Blaster Classification

Post by isoaker » Fri May 22, 2009 6:10 am

Feel free to use the blaster listing off of iSoaker.com as a starting point for what blasters were/are available. In terms of classification, though, while some may wish to try to categorize water blasters along the lines of actual weaponry, in many ways, such classification ends up not being particularly accurate. While I'm open to seeing how blasters end up categorized, at best, these classifications would be kept in an article in the Armoury section and not added to the Product LIsting page.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Fri May 22, 2009 12:07 pm

Not sure how helpful that would be. I think the information isoaker provides on the dimensions, weight and power is more useful than classification based on real world categories.
ownage

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Fri May 22, 2009 1:32 pm

Yeah an Article is what im thinking. Im just doing it for the heck of it.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue May 26, 2009 4:16 pm

I dislike to use words like "rifle" and "carbine" for non-firearms since they're strictly intended for firearms that have rifled bores. Classifying a CPS 1000 as an assault rifle is really no different than classifying a Max-D 5000 as a submachine gun.

Also, the role of a water gun can change very easily. A CPS 3200 can be used as a "light machine gun" or as a "sharpshooter rifle".

And if you do go ahead with this anyway, please do not classify anything as a "sniper rifle" unless its a pneumatic water balloon launcher. (but then those can be classified as grenade launchers instead of just sniper rifles)

Really, water weaponry needs its own kind of classification. The huge gap between blasters and launchers is significant to this as well. Personally, I'd go with a simple light to heavy classification system for blasters, though water balloon launchers are a whole other story.

Examples:

Super light: Squirt guns, XP 215

Light (sidearms): Max-D 2000, Liquidator

Medium Light: XP 270, SC 400, Flash Flood, XP 310, Tiger Shark (most of today's guns)

Medium: CPS 1000, 2100, 1200, Orca, Vindicator

Medium Heavy: CPS 1500, CPS 4100, Monster (2001)

Heavy: Monster X, XL, CPS 2500, 3200, 2700, etc.

The examples above are a bit screwy. I find the 2500 to encumber little more than a 1200 (both which encumber very little for me), while a 2700 or XL would be a pain to drag around. Still, sizewise, those blasters match the same category.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat