Which of The New 2005 Soaker Tags Rules Supreme? - A nice little poll

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

Which of The New 2005 Soaker Tags Rules Supreme? - A nice little poll

Flash Flood- Lives up to its name.
53%
Triple Shot- It's all about the options, baby.
6%
Arctic Shock- BRRRRR!
No votes
Devastator- The most fun you'll ever have backpacking. Let'
41%

Total votes: 34

Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:28 pm

Let's face it- while 2004 bought us some Nice weaponry, overall there just wasn't enough bang for your buck.
Enter 2005, and the soaker tag "elites."
I own a flash flood, and boy, does that thing go. I like to call it a "water shotgun." just pump, pull the trigger, and all that water is just displaced in half a second. Brilliant.
From what Isoaker tells me, the arctic shock isn't too special, except for its ability to turn your freinds into ice cubes- always fun.
The aquapack devestator has a decent nozzle and one heck of a backpack.
The triple shot lives up to its name, and gives you more options on how to soak your freinds than you can shake a CPS 2500 at.
But which one does rule supreme? Poll away.

hunter

Post by hunter » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:41 pm

I own a FF, APD, and triple shot, I've used my friend's arctic shock. I can personally say the APD kicks ass! The FF's blast is useless and leaves you vulnerable, and arctic shock is just a PR gun and the triple shot only has enough power to adequetly support the two smaller nozzles. Not to mention the APD will outlast any of the others.
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:20 pm

I really think the devastator is by far the best. While the FF's special nozzle can be useful, it is extremely difficult to hit someone with it, and the regular stream is pathetic. The dev. is extremely light and portable, has a good, almost CPS worthy stream, and a good supply of water, making it able to stand up to the old CPS weapons with comparitive ease.
ownage

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sun May 01, 2005 2:03 am

I agree with the above persons.

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Sun May 01, 2005 10:14 am

If you fire the FF nozzle at somebody, just pump it 2-3 more times and blast 'em in the face when they get cocky and rush you. CPS rocks.

Also, I haven't used an Arctic Shock or APD, but my Triple Shot broke after 3 days of use. Fragile piece of crap. :angry: It seems hasbro isn't putting out better soakers this year.
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
1 XPsed 270 (balloons blew out, and fixed it w. a rubber band)
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

Edited by vaporizer on April 01 2005, 13:10

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sun May 01, 2005 10:22 am

vaporizer wrote:If you fire the FF nozzle at somebody, just pump it 2-3 more times and blast 'em in the face when they get cocky and rush you. CPS rocks.
If you do that, the other person would just soak you with their blaster in spite of your 3 pump stream.
ownage

Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Sun May 01, 2005 10:42 am

Do you care? you get a slight drizzle, and they get... well, a flash flood.

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 01, 2005 11:24 am

You would care if the other person had a 21K with a nozzle selection that included 1x. A 21K stream is so compact and explosive with the original nozzle that it hurts. Use smaller nozzles and you the ultimate sting factor weapon. More people will remember pain than just a lot of water that doesn't hurt. :cool:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sun May 01, 2005 12:43 pm

My point was that after their FF missed, as it most likely would, and then, as vaporizer said, charges you, a 3 pump stream is not going to cut it against a prepped gun.
ownage

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 01, 2005 8:40 pm

The FF stream wouldn't miss; it wouldn't make it far enough! I voted for the APD in this poll because it has better capacity and the range is...terrible, yet pretty good if you compare it with the rest of the 2005 line and leave out the 60ft shooting crazy modifieds sitting in my basement. :laugh:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Sun May 01, 2005 9:52 pm

Duxburian, you own a 21K?!? :goofy:
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

DX

Post by DX » Mon May 02, 2005 5:34 pm

I own 3 of them. :p All modded especially for range. But I don't talk about 21Ks very much anymore; I think that most who know me are sick of hearing about them!

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Mon May 02, 2005 7:22 pm

That's what I was joking about, since you have said yourself that you wonder if we get tired of hearing about them. I personally don't mind, I think that's awesome. :)

Edited By LtDan64 on 1115079754
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Thu May 12, 2005 7:35 pm

First, on the page of this fourm, it says LtDan64 posted today, on the actual thread, it says May 2nd. Which is it?

Why are we comparing a 21k to the FF? I could have sworn this poll was about stock soakers of today.

FF hands down. In the hands of an experianced soaker, it can be deadly on the field. The APD is an amazing piece of havok, but I think its more "user" friendly for new players.

~SO :blues: chillin
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Thu May 12, 2005 8:38 pm

I have both guns and after using both in a few battles I would have to say that I think the APD can stomp any FF user, that is, unless the person with the APD is a noob to soakers :p . The FF blast is okay, but pumping after using it isn't always easy when you have a cps gun shooting you all the while. That and the main nozzle on the FF is utterly pathetic. I think I can pee better than it can shoot. :p

The APD has a powerful stream stock, one that you can actually feel rather than the FF. :p It doesn't take many pumps to fill the PC, mine only takes 17, 16 if there is a little water left in the tube from prior use. I also like the METAL, yes, that's right people, metal clip on the gun that you can hook onto your belt as it comes in handy for using three guns in those far from the water source situations. The pumping is a little slow due to resistance from the backpack but not enough to keep you from filling the pc at lightning speed.

Now onto the backpack. At first, one would think it is the perfect backpack but after a little bit of use, one would feel like it could have been done better. The resivoir holds a hefty 100oz. of water. There is a little red ball in a clear tube that is used to show how much water is in the resivoir but it isn't as accurate as I would like it to be. The tube leading to the resivoir could have been made thicker but Hasbro apparently didn't think so, which makes using the quick fill cap on your shoulder even more fun as you have to stop and let the water drain into the resivoir and then start filling again. Like I said in the last sentence, the quick fill cap is on your shoulder so unless you take the backpack off first, you will get wet. Talking about getting wet, there is this little overfill thing by the quick fill cap that makes cramming the backpack with water impossible. When the backpack becomes pressurized, it leaks water out of the little hole but if you plug it up, it won't pose a problem. The backpack itself though is comfortable and easily fits me. The colors of the backpack are great, other than the bright neon green dashes every here and there. All in all this gun seems by far better than the FF which is why I voted for the APD.

Edited By Crashdummy on 1115949163

Soakerboy0109

Post by Soakerboy0109 » Sat May 28, 2005 7:30 pm

I would have to say that the APD is most definitely the best with its huge water supply and good range and output. Though the FF spray attack is effective at a close range, you can be left open after use. The Artic Shock is a overall good soaker its is still not as good as the APD. The others work well but just aren't as good as the APD. :surprise:

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Sat May 28, 2005 9:10 pm

I voted APD because the flash flood is just a gimick. I got more of a burst from my nozzle drilled XP-310, WW Lightning, k-moded nozzle drilled CPS 2100. and I got twice the burst on My mxl. Honestly the abilities hasbro gave to these guns can be done with any gun and it would be cheaper just to buy a stock ww lightning because it has the same output as the flash flood on the large nozzle(The new one has a nozzle that has the out put of the flash flood and shoots much further). So get a APD.
AXE BOMB!!!

DX

Post by DX » Sat May 28, 2005 9:22 pm

I used Nibor's FF recently and it's not that bad. Although once you use the "Flash Flood nozzle" you are pretty vulnerable afterwards. It has good spread, although modifying a 4100 fan blast would produce a better spray that lasts longer. The reason the power is exaggerated by many is because the shot spreads out so much and the nozzle piece is big. My other complaint is that the tank is so small, you're out in only 3-4 shots.

The APD still has its faults, fairly small nozzle, filling issues, etc. Out of the STE guns, the APD would probably be the best choice, though my view is entirely impartial, I really wouldn't get any of them.

My 200th post! :cool:

Edited By Duxburian on 1117333369

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Sun May 29, 2005 10:12 am

idunno about you guys, but i like the FF cause its wicked fun to use. it may not be as good as an APD but just letting the riot blast rip is always a good feeling :D
more reliable then a max-D trigger

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 29, 2005 10:55 am

Dacca wrote:idunno about you guys, but i like the FF cause its wicked fun to use. it may not be as good as an APD but just letting the riot blast rip is always a good feeling :D
I'll definitely 2nd that statement! :goofy:

:flashflood::oo:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: