Hands-On: Water Warriors Power Shots

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Hands-On: Water Warriors Power Shots

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:31 am

The Water Warriors Power Shots are a new set of blasters by Buzz Bee Toys released for 2009. Akin to Kwik Grips in their trigger-based operation, they are small, easily concealable water blasters. However, unlike Kwik Grips, the Power Shots possess an interesting bit of trigger-technology. When in the "off-position", only styling differentiates Power Shots from Kwik Grips. However, in the "on-position", a bit of additional resistance is added to the trigger, meaning that every time one does manage to pull the trigger, one is pulling with more initial force, thus achieving a better performing shot. While stream volume is not increased, output (i.e. volume/second) is increased as more force is applied through the stroke. Neat little system, though how effective it is becomes a little challenging to measure.

For now, here are some basic stats and pics on the review page. A more complete write-up will be done over the next little while.

Enjoy and soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Rover

Re: Hands-On: Water Warriors Power Shots

Post by Rover » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:26 pm

Thats definitely an interesting concept. I don't really think I'd pick one of these over say, an xp215 but it's not bad for what is essentially a squirt pistol and not a soaker. Buzz Bee is honestly impressing me with all their new models this year.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:44 pm

How expensive were they?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:02 am

marauder_4 wrote:How expensive were they?
Should retail for ~$9.99 for the 4-pack and ~$2.99 for singles. Pricing likely slightly flexible depending on the store.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:42 pm

Water Warriors Power Shots review posted. Enjoy! ...and Happy First Full Day of Spring!

isoaker

Water Warriors Power Shots

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:58 am

Water Warriors Power Shots Review

Willing to share your experiences, thoughts, personal reviews on this product? If so, post below!

Note: you must be a member of iSoaker.net to be able to post.

ncog

Re: Water Warriors Power Shots

Post by ncog » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:57 am

Yes! Leagues above the other cheap squirt pistols and would even give an XP 215 a run for its money! Since they have no pump they can be easily duel-wielded (My girlfriend and I went halves on the 4-pack) and are perfect for indoors sneak attacks. The equalizer trigger is great; on the off mode the pistol works just like a regular squirt pistol and allows the user a quick rate of fire, albeit at a slightly reduced range. With the toggle on, the trigger puts up a resistance to being pulled, meaning that the shot goes further (at the expense of rate of fire). This means you can toggle between a fast rate of fire and lower range for close encounters, and a slower rate of fire and higher range for far away foes, and is therefore a very useful innovation.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue May 04, 2010 10:45 pm

Honestly, I've found more powerful squirt guns at the dollar store in 5 packs, but this still isn't bad. The equalizer trigger does increase performance, although a lot of times I pull the trigger so fast that the equalizer trigger is slower than my finger. Off equalizer mode, it's even worse than weaker dollar store squirt guns. It also leaks quite a bit when you put it in your pocket.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:29 pm

By the way, it should be added to the list of cons that it leaks a lot.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Squirt guns still don't get as much range as small PR;s, thus the PR is superior for all small soakers. Nonetheless, BBT's squirt guns appear to be considerably higher quality than most squirt guns, but having never tried one, I can't be sure.

I doubt iSoaker had any leaking problems, or he didn't test them too extensively. Most likely it's the former. However, it's still likely that they do leak; many squirt guns tend to drip water from their nozzles.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:22 am

Power Shots, while comparable to many dollar-store squirt guns in some ways, I found had some interesting performance features. Never felt any real lag when using the trigger and they definitely should not leak. That said, I have had the experience of using a leaky Power Shot, but that was the exception, not the norm. If yours is leaking, it is defective and should be exchanged for a non-leaking one.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:32 pm

I remember ncog saying that his leaked too. Apparently his were defective too. Shouldn't at least say that it has a good chance of being defective?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:17 pm

martianshark wrote:I remember ncog saying that his leaked too. Apparently his were defective too. Shouldn't at least say that it has a good chance of being defective?
While I understand your frustration, two to three people complaining of leaks doesn't mean that it is a common occurrence. I don't mind if people review the blaster and state that theirs leaked, but unless there are a lot of complaints, I wouldn't want to blacklist a blaster on iSoaker.com because of a few faulty ones discovered by members.

I've used a bunch of Power Shots and I think only one of them leaked any notable amounts.

Attachments
Kiwk Grips and Power Shots
Kiwk Grips and Power Shots
iSoaker_DSC00236.jpg (101.16 KiB) Viewed 2529 times

Me_Soak_U

Post by Me_Soak_U » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:56 pm

Mines actually really good! I got mine for 79 cents. The equalizer trigger does make a difference. I experienced no leaking. It probably has the best power oiI have ever seen for a squirt pistol!
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U
If you like water guns check out my youtube channel here:http://www.youtube.com/user/XxRnMproductionsxX
I'm That Guy With The 1700. Yeah the guy who drenched you? That's Me!