Hands-On: Water Warriors Equalizer

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Hands-On: Water Warriors Equalizer

Post by isoaker » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:27 am

The Water Warriors Equalizer is the smallest of the cannon/water-tank-shaped Water Warriors water guns released by Buzz Bee Toys Inc. for 2009. Unlike the Water Warriors Vindicator, the Equalizer has no internal elastic chamber, instead using an air-pressurized reservoir system. Nevertheless, performance and handling for a blaster of its size is quite good. The Equalizer has a single nozzle, but streams feel closer to 2x in terms of output. Unfortunately, won't be able to do range testing on any blaster until the weather gets a little warmer. :goofy:

Full review to come, but for now, I've posted a bunch more pictures of the Water Warriors Equalizer on its designated page on iSoaker.com.

Enjoy!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

isoaker

Re: Hands-On: Water Warriors Equalizer

Post by isoaker » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:17 pm

After trying the Equalizer out a little more, while its styling is different, its performance reminds me of a Super Soaker Max-D 5000. Looking at the stats I measured so far, they also appear rather similar in terms of reservoir size and output. That said, I hope to have the bulk of the review up this coming weekend.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:48 pm

Water Warriors Equalizer Review now posted on iSoaker.com. Enjoy!

Soak on!

isoaker

Water Warriors Equalizer

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 am

Water Warriors Equalizer Review

Willing to share your experiences, thoughts, personal reviews on this product? If so, post below!

Note: you must be a member of iSoaker.net to be able to post.

martianshark

Re: Water Warriors Equalizer

Post by martianshark » Tue May 04, 2010 10:37 pm

This doesn't make a bad sidearm. It's pretty compact, and has good power. However, it's pump volume is very small, though not as bad as the sting ray's. Anyway, I'd reccomend the Max-D 3000 more because they they're more compact, have just as much power, and come in two packs right now for nearly the same price. Therefore, I'm going to vote "not recommended."
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

ncog

Post by ncog » Wed May 05, 2010 5:46 am

I wouldn't put the Equalizer in the same category as a Max-D 300 personally; the 3000 is a pistol sized sidearm whilst the Equalizer makes a fine secondary weapon (or even light primary depending on the situation). While they both have the same output, I'd pick the Equalizer over the 3000 any day because of its superior capacity, shot time and handling. It's certainly one of the most comfortable soakers I've ever used, as opposed to the 3000's awkward grip. While the 3000 is better as a sidearm, I'd say that the Equalizer is a much better all-round soaker as it can perform more duties better.

Also, how are you comparing the pump volumes, since both soakers are air pressure based? Are you simply measuring the length of the pump shafts?

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed May 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Hmm... It is a pro that it has greater capacity, but I'd still prefer a Max-D 3000 because it can be held with one hand and is cheaper. Its firing valve also opens in the blink of an eye, and it has an internally tethered cap, so it doesn't get in the way when filling. But depending on the situation, I might choose an Equalizer instead of a Max-D 3000 (For example, if you can only use one weapon, or if I have to stay away from water sources for a long amount of time).
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Thu May 13, 2010 10:03 am

Here's a few photos I took a few days ago. Feel free to use them if you want, iSoaker.

Last edited by wetmonkey442 on Thu May 13, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu May 13, 2010 12:00 pm

martianshark wrote:Hmm... It is a pro that it has greater capacity, but I'd still prefer a Max-D 3000 because it can be held with one hand and is cheaper. Its firing valve also opens in the blink of an eye, and it has an internally tethered cap, so it doesn't get in the way when filling. But depending on the situation, I might choose an Equalizer instead of a Max-D 3000 (For example, if you can only use one weapon, or if I have to stay away from water sources for a long amount of time).
Well I prefer the CPS 2500 because of it's power. You're comparing two almost completely different blasters for completely different uses here. The Equalizer's size and weight puts it in the same class as the FF, Max-D 6k and 5k, not as a pocket blaster. And I already went over pump volume; the pump volume is higher than the MD3k's because the pump stroke is longer whilst the diameter remains much the same.

Those are some pretty good pictures WM posted. The stream looks fairly weak though; perhaps it wasn't powered up completely.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu May 13, 2010 5:43 pm

I have found streams to look smaller when you take a picture of them than they are in real life. By the way, I don't see any pictures.

After using it in some battles, I have changed my mind about the Equalizer a little. It's definitely better than the Max-D 3000 and I even think it's better than the Vanquisher - it's smaller and has just about as much power as the Vanquisher's 3x setting and possibly even longer shot time.
Last edited by martianshark on Thu May 13, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu May 13, 2010 5:48 pm

Well, this is exactly why I've never used Photobucket. My guess is that they have stringent bandwidth limitations and immediately take down a picture as soon as they find that it's been direct-linked. You (WM) may want to post a link to the gallery itself on Photobucket.

Streams neither look smaller nor larger in pictures. You have several reference points in a picture, such as the ground and surrounding objects but most importantly, the blaster itself is a reference to stream sizes. Just look at that stream picture closely (if Photobucket gets it to work again); the stream is not only weak but also breaking up easily thus you know it's a weak stream.

On second thought, I disagree with having blasters of the FF/MD6k class be PR's. That blaster size is enough to hold a PC, and the Equalizer as a whole doesn't appear to be as concealable as the MD5k and other larger PR's. (Well, except for the Oozinator of course.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

ncog

Post by ncog » Fri May 14, 2010 3:04 am

I can attest that the Equalizer has a strong stream...Mine shoots at a good range (at least 35 feet) with no break-up, and the shot time is excellent (a good 5 or so seconds at max range before drop-off starts, from memory). The trigger is also lovely and smooth and the handle is really comfortable too. BBT got pretty much everything right with the Equalizer imo (a translucent reservoir would make it perfect)

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri May 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Yeah, the handle is way more comfortable than any Max-D handle. I guess that's another pro.

I thought I got way more shot time than that on about 1/2 a tank.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:31 pm

I got this for my brother's birthday. I must say, I definitely like it.
It sure makes an excellent back-up. The only problem, is that it's kind of hard to have in a pocket. So you could ether have it in a backpack, or clip it on to your belt if you have one.

I vote Yay. It's sorta in between a back-up and a light primary. In the kind of fighting I always do,(Small wars or soakfests.) then it could easily be used for a primary. In bigger wars though, I'd use it for back-up.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:17 pm

I almost always use my Equalizer as my primary. I love it. I even stood up against a hose for a while with it.

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:23 pm

it's ok, but mine has a weird trigger malfunction- i pull the trigger, and the valve opens. i let go, it remains open until all pressure is used, and it shuts. while it worked, it was nice.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sun May 08, 2011 5:19 pm

:lol: So almost a year later and I finally get around to opening up this gun and taking some pictures! Free to use, as always, iSoaker.

The overall picture and the tools I used to open it up. The nozzle cap was completely glued, so I sawed off the entire thing.
The trigger valve.
The pump-to-reservoir valve.
The rear trigger assembly.
A view of the nozzle.
The trigger valve closed.
The trigger valve beginning to open.
The trigger valve fully opened.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun May 08, 2011 5:30 pm

I opened my Equalizer a while ago to clean it out. Did anyone notice it uses an intake tube? I took off the reservoir and that's what I found.