Favourite Water Blaster Design: Nominations

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Favourite Water Blaster Design: Nominations

Post by isoaker » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:44 pm

This is a call to the members to list their favourite stock water blasters in terms of general aesthetics and design, not on performance. While, in many cases, performance and design go hand-in-hand, there are some blasters that just looked and felt great while their internal mechanisms or some other attribute reduced their overall effectiveness as a water blaster.

However, to keep things a little bit under control, members are asked to list no more than ten (10) water blasters that they really like their general design.

Feel free to make use of the iSoaker.com Water Gun/Water Blaster database, the Super Soaker Evolution Tree, and/or the Water Warriors Evolution Tree to explore a variety (but far from an exhaustive list) of known stock water blasters.

As an aside, if you are nominating a lesser known water blaster, if possible, please include a picture (or a link to a picture) so others can see the blaster as well.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Silence

Re: Favourite Water Blaster Design: Nominations

Post by Silence » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Some of the early SS guns.
CPS Splashzooka.
CPS 3000.
Perhaps the Pulse Strike.

Fox

Post by Fox » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:26 pm

- CPS 1000
- SC 500
- XP 70
- XP 110
- STE Triple Shot (not the XP85!)
- Sneak Attack
- PulseStrike

The '98 series was excellent not just for it's performance, but styling and ergonomics too. I always liked that the triggers were always quite far forward, taking the strain off your wrists and putting it onto your upper arm. Plus they're so easy to use and look badass! The Triple Shot was awesome, sorta like the Desert Eagle of water pistols. The Sneak Attack and PulseStrike are also great designs in my opinion.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:50 pm

In order of preference:

1. Larami UZI
2. CPS 2000/2500
3. SC 600
4. Speedloader 1000
4. XP 75
5. CPS 3000/3200
6. CPS 1000
7. CPS 1200
8. SS 100
9. XP 150
10. XP 310
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Sun

Post by Sun » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:11 pm

A CPS 1500 or a CPS 1200.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:29 pm

These are some water blaster designs I've really liked over the years:

Super Soaker CPS1500/CPS1700
Super Soaker CPS1000
Super Soaker Monster X
Water Warriors Renegade
Super Soaker Helix
Super Soaker Triple Shot
Water Warriors Pulse Strike
Super Soaker XP215
Super Soaker SC500

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:52 am

SS25: I love how space is conserved with the pump in the handle, it makes it feel like a spy gun for some reason.
SS 30: Just a classy feeling pistol
SS 100: Slick, smooth, long, it felt like you were holding a deadly blaster rifle.
XP 110: Simple but strong and solid feeling, the pressure gauge was a nice touch as well.
XP 150: This blaster just screams hardcore. As soon as it's in your hands you feel 10x tougher.
SC 500: Very smooth feeling and simple to use. It's not the prettiest of colors, but it looks really nice with a bit of marker or a paint job.
SC 600: Just like the 500 but larger.
CPS Aquapack Devastator: One of the prettiest looking, nicest feeling, easiest to use blasters out there.
Monster/CPS 4100: It's like a compact little devil. I liked its design better than that of the 1500/1700 because of the tracked pump and metalic/transparent colors.
Monster XL: The T-Rex of Super Soakers, beautiful and fearful all at the same time. I am proud to say that I just bought one of these on ebay tonight and plan on testing it out on Spring Break. I've never tested or seen one used before, hopefully it will feel as good as it looks and justify its place on this list.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.