2009 Soaker Sightings

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Adrian

2009 Soaker Sightings

Post by Adrian » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:35 pm

Wal-Mart: Quikblast. Looked like it was trying to be a bazooka/RPG and failing horribly. Tubular rez., straight pistol grip about halfway down the length of the soaker, front pistol grip to work a piston. Typical syringe type soaker. I think Hasbro put these out last year.

Some cool looking piston gun by like Banaza or some such similar named company. Thumbhole type stock, almost skeletal in appearance, not much to hang onto.

Then some freaky looking thing, looked very similar to the piston gun above, but much more bulbous at the front end, couple of nozzles. I could swear there was either a face designed into the nozzle selector or on the package. Not sure, and yeah I know, I'm really helping w/ identification. :P

More should be coming out soon, ya'll see anything recent?

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Sun

Re: 2009 Soaker Sightings

Post by Sun » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:01 pm

The Quick Blast was released last year.

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:28 pm

Hey guys...I'm back,

Done with Hawaii and Oregon, now stationed @ naval station Everett WA with our patrol boat squadron. I've seen recolored soakers in the target in lake stevens wa(we live near there, in marysville). According to the boxes, super soaker is toast this year...just recolors. While Buzz Bee seems to be ramping up: vindicator for $19.99(good direction), they also had the renegade and equilizer. No pulses yet. I'll have vindicator and pulse master this year to go with my argon and orca from last year. Later, Brad
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)
US Naval Expeditionary Command(NECC)

Don't think outside the box...There Is No Box

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:55 pm

dragonclass wrote:Hey guys...I'm back,

Done with Hawaii and Oregon, now stationed @ naval station Everett WA with our patrol boat squadron. I've seen recolored soakers in the target in lake stevens wa(we live near there, in marysville). According to the boxes, super soaker is toast this year...just recolors. While Buzz Bee seems to be ramping up: vindicator for $19.99(good direction), they also had the renegade and equilizer. No pulses yet. I'll have vindicator and pulse master this year to go with my argon and orca from last year. Later, Brad
Hmmm I thought it fishy that there were no new soakers on the site, but I still had my hopes for a surprise! Hmmm...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:36 pm

Yea, I guess the surprise would be a SS50 with a fixed reservoir. I'm going to doubt that it will still use a pinched tube trigger either(XP or Max-D?). Be nice if its got better performance and reliability the original and improved. We'll see, Brad
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:56 pm

dragonclass wrote:Yea, I guess the surprise would be a SS50 with a fixed reservoir.
Yup, well, it... uhhh... does classify as a surprise! :goofy:

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:20 pm

I dunno what to think of the 20th anniversary edition. If it has increased performance then I'm ok with it, but half the fun would be having the same old feel to it as the orginal. I'd rather have improved internal durability and the same external frame over this, but I'm just happy they're making one.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:56 pm

Looks like Target.com has a bunch of water blasters for sale (listed online, but in stores only?).
Water Warriors Equalizer $9.99

Water Warriors Renegade - $14.99

Water Warriors Vindicator - $19.99

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Fri May 15, 2009 8:40 am

I don't think I like how they applied the new color scheme to the MD6000:

Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Tue May 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Fisher Price has a line of QFD powered guns for little kids I haven't seen before. They look pretty neat really, pricey though.
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st= ... water_toys
ownage

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed May 27, 2009 7:52 am

emperor_james wrote:Fisher Price has a line of QFD powered guns for little kids I haven't seen before. They look pretty neat really, pricey though.
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st= ... water_toys
Pricey, yeah, but cute lookin' lil water blasters! Definitely requires a hose, but the design looks good. Thanks for letting us know 'bout this sighting! I'm going to keep my eye out for these to see how they actually look/feel.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed May 27, 2009 4:16 pm

The stuff is pretty expensive here. $15 for a SS50 and $8 for an XP215 twin pack. I'm going to have to look around the sales.

I did get a bit hands-on with the new SS50. I believe it uses a pull valve. The air release is much better now than before, and the pump moves fairly smoothly. This thing probably shoots well better than I thought it would.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat