Hands-On: Water Warriors Vindicator

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Hands-On: Water Warriors Vindicator

Post by isoaker » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:38 pm

For those who don't already know, the Water Warriors Vindicator is the largest blaster of the 2009 Water Warriors line, sort of. The Water Warriors Pulse Master is actually a good 6cm taller and actually weighs more (empty) than the Vindicator, but the Vindicator is slightly longer and wider as well as having a larger reservoir and firing chamber capacity.

Some general stats:
Length: 60cm
Width: 13.5cm
Height: 20cm
Weight (empty): 1176g

Reservoir Volume: 3030mL
PC Volume: 565mL
Pump Volume: 24mL

Approx nozzle output:
-smallest: ~0.5x
-2nd smallest: ~1.5x
-2nd largest: ~3x
-largest: ~6.5x
-fan: ~4x

Trigger nicely responsive. Blaster feels sturdy, but weight tends to be placed more heavily on pumping hand. Strap helps distribute weight is strap used optimally (not quite how one would normally use a strap on a typical blaster); best for blaster to be used across body, hanging in front of the user as opposed to the side. Multiple seconds of shot time for all nozzle settings with the smallest one getting well over 30s of continuous stream production. Ranges cannot be measured just yet (waaaaay too much snow :goofy:), but based on the feel of the largest stream, I'd guess it should easily clear 35', perhaps pushing 40'-45' (though not likely to reach the 50' mark, but I could be wrong).

Overall, though, I love the styling and feel of this blaster. Main cons are opaque reservoir, no easy way to tell how filled PC is, and it feels a little heavy on pumping hand (or on the firing hand) if strap not used optimally.

Full review to come soon, but for now, more pics available at iSoaker.com.

Water Warriors Vindicator @ iSoaker.com

Enjoy and soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Re: Hands-On: Water Warriors Vindicator

Post by steelboot. » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:58 pm

The question for me used to be Flash Food or Pulse Master, now it's Pulse Master or Vindicator? This looks great.
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

Rising Flood

Post by Rising Flood » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:47 pm

The Vindicator looks like a step in the right direction for Buzz Bee Toys. I didn't thik their 2009 line was going to be so great, but the Vindicator changed my mind. It seems like the only decent blaster in their selection.

steelboot, I think the Flash Flood is better than both the Pulse Master and the Vindicator, but that's just me.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:21 pm

steelboot, I think the Flash Flood is better than both the Pulse Master and the Vindicator, but that's just me.
The Flash Flood is a great blaster, but while it has a 'Flood Nozzle', I wouldn't put it above the Vindicator. The main stream on the Flash Flood is only rated ~1.5x and its PC and reservoir are smaller than those on the Vindicator. Of course, if going just by personal preference, anything goes, of course! :goofy: However, going more on stats and performance, I'd still put the Vindicator ahead. As for the Pulse Master, its small PC makes is a lesser performer in terms of total output available per shot, but I'd think equally skilled Flash Flood vs Pulse Master users would be a good match.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:03 am

Water Warriors Vindicator Review now posted. Only ranges need to be measured (but it's still a little too cold to do those tests :goofy: ).

Fox

Post by Fox » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:51 pm

That gun is awesome! Great review!

Looks like they've finally brought something out that can compete with the older CPS series. This is great news. Do you feel that the largest nozzle is similar to the 1000/1200/2100 series in terms of power?

I'm also curious as to the insides of this thing. Is it a spherical PC like the Hydra Pak? And are they using a ball valve or a pull valve for the trigger?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:59 pm

Do you feel that the largest nozzle is similar to the 1000/1200/2100 series in terms of power?

I'm also curious as to the insides of this thing. Is it a spherical PC like the Hydra Pak? And are they using a ball valve or a pull valve for the trigger?
My guess is that they are using a spherical-type PC, but not 100% sure. Definitely feels along the lines of a CPS1000/1200 in terms of power from its largest nozzle. As for the valve, feels like a ball valve, but plan to open it up soon and confirm.

Sun

Post by Sun » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:35 pm

I'll probably pick up the Vindicator later as a backup weapon. It looks so cool!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:07 pm

Spherical CPS? Sounds good. I'd definitely like to hear that confirmed because this looks like a good water gun that could use a little power boost with something simple like the K-mod.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:03 am

Ben wrote:Spherical CPS? Sounds good. I'd definitely like to hear that confirmed because this looks like a good water gun that could use a little power boost with something simple like the K-mod.
As the PC is definitely within the reservoir (opened it up earlier), I have not 100% confirmed it, but due to the fact that it is within the larger reservoir, it would only make sense for it to be a spherical CPS-type chamber. Accessing it, though, would require more effort and since I haven't done range tests yet, I've opted not to try to access the chamber just yet.

Other findings: the Vindicator uses a ball valve, but has a slightly more complex lever system to open and close it due to the distance between the trigger rod and the valve, itself (I'll post some pics soon). Also, as expected, it has a rather long trigger rod.

bb1

Post by bb1 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:49 pm

Would you consider the valve's spring any better than prior models?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:09 am

bb1 wrote:Would you consider the valve's spring any better than prior models?
Haven't done any major battle testing with any of the new blasters yet, but base on my limited stats testing experience, the valves on all of the new Water Warriors blasters including the Vindicator feel more stable. Of course, nothing beats more rigorous testing. All in due time... :goofy:

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Thu May 07, 2009 7:21 pm

I just bought this gun. It has a maximum range of 11 metres flat and 12 angled when I tested it. Its largest nozzle is close to the CPS 1500's 10x nozzle but has a longer shot time. It remindes me of a Vickers machine gun if it had a stand since its round like an old machine gun but I use it as a medium SAW to suppress the enemy. The fan is underpowered but has a wide spread. I got it for twenty dollars. A really good deal.

Teh Moron

Post by Teh Moron » Fri May 08, 2009 6:20 pm

Where can one procure a Vindicator? I'm interested in how the pressure chamber positioning is handled. INSIDE the reservoir, now that's smart thinking!
Image[/

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Fri May 15, 2009 8:47 pm

How does the stream consistency compare with previous WW guns and the CPS line? My main complaint with the WW blazer and orca was that although top power was decent, power and range dropped off severely as the firing chamber depleted. With this spherical chamber, is it better?
ownage

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Fri May 15, 2009 11:34 pm

The chamber has a long shot time with no drop off like the previous ww line guns. It is amazing. The large stream has a decent shot time and the 2nd largest is amazing. Sustained fire with the fan or largest setting drains the pc but tap shots with the big nozzle rule. I will sometimes pump up the chamber all the way and spray at a 60 degree angle and alow the stream to fall down on suposedly safe people behind cover.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat May 16, 2009 10:11 am

Teh Moron wrote:Where can one procure a Vindicator? I'm interested in how the pressure chamber positioning is handled. INSIDE the reservoir, now that's smart thinking!
Yeah, it means you don't have to pre-charge to get to full capacity since pumping it up will just displace the reservoir's water. Plus it saves money off of materials.

I didn't know it uses a spherical chamber though. In that case, it can perform a lot better.

Teamfear, how does the power on the larger nozzles compare to that of the CPS line? I'm hoping that the streams are at least fast enough that they're white and a bit turbulent rather than completely clear, smooth, and laminar like a drinking fountain.

Since I do have the money now, I'm starting to consider getting one, but if its just another Orca with a better design, I'm not sure I'd want to. On the other hand, if it stands up to blasters like the CPS 1000 or at least has the power of a flash flood, I might get it. With a spherical chamber though, power shouldn't be a problem.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Sat May 16, 2009 11:06 am

The stream of the largest nozzle is almost as powerfull as the CPS 1000 and its range is almost equal. It does however has a longer shot time.

Sun

Post by Sun » Sat May 16, 2009 12:19 pm

Hopefully I will love this gun for backup.

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Sat May 16, 2009 6:53 pm

back up... its one of my best guns. :D I started to late. :(