Helix - Is it good?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
freak

Post by freak » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:51 pm

I have $10 and I might get a helix. I've never seen it in action. Is it any good? :bmhelix:
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:08 pm

To be honest, I think 2004 SoakerTag guns simply suck. If you buy water guns for use, look elsewhere. If you collect water guns, then get it if you want. The Helix is outclassed by so many guns that I won't bother to list them all.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:26 pm

I used one and it sucked. The range was pitiful and I could wiz at a higher output than the two spinning nozzles ever could. :p I wouldn't accept it as a gift because I wouldn't wan't it / use it, and I would have trouble giving it away. :(

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:29 pm

The Helix may not have the range or power as larger soakers, but for up close combat (within 10'-15'), that spiral stream does a good coating job. I've used a Helix in the past two skirmishes versus guys using XP310s and Max-D6000s. My main complaint wasn't coverage or range, but the fact that I always seemed to be the first needing to refill. I managed to get my opponents just as wet if not more than myself.

Of course, forget about facing CPS-based blasters apart from small ones like an SC500 or SC600. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: