Need help identifying...

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
The Noid

Post by The Noid » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:53 pm

Howdy, I'm the Noid. Along time ago, I used to be into the water blaster thing, however, about five years ago I drifted completely into the Nerf scene and have been there ever since.

Anyway, I found one of my old water pistols in my closet and I was wondering if anyone could help me identify it. The sticker has been worn off for years and I can't remember the name of it. It is a spring powered pistol. Actually... here's a pic: Image

If anyone can help me figure out what type of pistol this is and its brand, I'd appreciate it greatly! :)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:29 pm

Welcome Noid!

I'm afraid that I can not identify that water blaster. Looks unlike anything I've seen before. From what I knew, spring-powered water guns were just a concept - I never thought they actually existed.

Quite possibly some other people will be a little more helpful. It would be neat to know the name of this blaster though, given that I've seen nothing like it before.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:51 pm

Welcome to the boards. We hope you enjoy your stay.

Can you tell us what the blue, raised writing slightly above the trigger area says? That might help us determine what type of gun it is, or who made it.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

The Noid

Post by The Noid » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:28 am

It says:

1995 Fantasy Ltd <-(the maker)
Made in China

Thanks for the warm welcome. This gun shot in "water balls," not streams as conventional blasters do. They also had a rifle made by the same company and it too was spring action. They were very nifty weapons.

The gun I own is broken and I have since converted it to a Nerf dart blaster, but I'd like to figure out the name so I can find a fully working example of this blaster to use. And, thanks again for everyone's help.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:45 am

Welcome!

Out of curiousity, where did you get it from? I've yet to see a soaker like that. Looks like a funny hybrid between a Nerf Gun and a Soaker. Upon digging around, I've not been able to find anything regarding a company called 'Fantasy Ltd'.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

The Noid

Post by The Noid » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:32 pm

Thanks, isoaker. :cool:

I bought it at a Wal-Mart back in 1996. It was $10 and the rifle was $20. The internals are nearly identical to a Nerf gun's, but there is a place where the water tank connected. It was really a cool weapon because you just cocked the plunger back and could fire very quickly, not pumping at all. I think that with some refinement, a more modern spring powered water soaker would be practical. And thanks again for your all's help.

JJJJJJ272

Post by JJJJJJ272 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:54 pm

That's wierd! I've never seen anything like that before... and i don't think yuo can get another one. If a blaster can actually be gotten, i'd know about it. It's probably a company that went out of business a long time ago. anyways, welcome!
:bm1000: :bm2700: :cps3000: :bmhelix: :blazer:
:flashflood: :cps2500: :soakthemall: :surprise:

The Noid

Post by The Noid » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:07 pm

Alright... just for you who are curious...

Here are the internals on this spring powered pistol:

The water tank connected to the vertical cylindrical tube on the end of the plunger tube. When you cock the gun, the water would be sucked down into it. When you pulled the trigger, a flap on the inside of the barrel would open and the water blob would fly out. I think it's an oddity.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:58 pm

Yup, it's an oddity. Very Nerf-gun like. Not the only spring-based water gun, though, but 'Waterballs' don't really push out much water.

How much did this one push out? Know approximately how far it shot? BTW, thanks for posting the pics! Really neat find!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

The Noid

Post by The Noid » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:38 pm

I'm not sure approximately how much it pushed put, but it was a pretty good sized blob. I believe the range was around 20 feet.

No problem on the pics. :)

JJJJJJ272

Post by JJJJJJ272 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:47 am

So better then the waterball ssl175 or whatever the heck it's called?
I've really never seen anything like it, Was it actually a ball it shot like the ssslll536357 or whatever or was it a blob?
:bm1000: :bm2700: :cps3000: :bmhelix: :blazer:
:flashflood: :cps2500: :soakthemall: :surprise:

The Noid

Post by The Noid » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:28 pm

Nope, it was just a "blob" of water.

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:47 am

Like one of those waterball launchers. I got one. You pull back the lever and a ball of water shoots out. you can get about 150 shots i think. Range is mainly around a few metres. You can get the best balls of water at a 45 degree angle.
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty