Does Anyone Remeber the MDS? - Soaker not in the armoury

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
JD32

Post by JD32 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:53 am

Many years back now I bought myself a Super-Soaker MDS (Multi-Directional Soaker) which had a handle below the nozzle of the weapon. By twisting the nozzle the blast from the weapon could be aimed at right-angles to the gun, and from whatever angle it was set to within the 180 degree field of fire the weapon seemed to work perfectly.

Unfortunately the handle broke and the weapon now only fires in the forward position. It is still however a very capable weapon, with good range (though a small payload) and compatible with the original Super Soaker Tanks.

From my observations the weapon seems to be an aesthetic redesign of the Super Soaker 100 (with a different shaped pressure chamber).

Has anyone else ever heard of/seen/used this weapon?

Thanks.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:59 am

It's here. :;): I think it was actually most similar to the SS 60, was there any particular reason you wanted to know?

In any case, enjoy your stay here. :)
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

JD32

Post by JD32 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:07 am

Thank you very much.

I am very interested by the great range of different weapons that Larami manufactured. It seems that in the US there was a much greater range of weapons made available than in the UK.

I wondered if this was one which was the other way around, but clearly not.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:14 am

JD32 wrote:I am very interested by the great range of different weapons that Larami manufactured. It seems that in the US there was a much greater range of weapons made available than in the UK.

It seems that not only are they released in limited quantities here, they also are priced much more highly. Very frustrating, at times. :(
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:24 am

Back when it was first released, there were buckets of the SS MDS made, but as I had much more limited spending money then (plus I wasn't as into soaking then, either), my money went elsewhere and I never got an original. However, when I found a re-release, well, that's now what's on the site.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Kaijuin

Post by Kaijuin » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:35 pm

I've used one before, but never had one. Interesting gun.
Nvm, another gun, similar concept.

Edited By Kaijuin on 1122321047