Small SS Gun for a 3yr old?!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Primergy

Small SS Gun for a 3yr old?!

Post by Primergy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:06 pm

HI, I have a 2.5-3yr old daughter and want to buy a (used or new) Super Soaker for her.

Problem: The gun cannot be too heavy when loaded, or too big.
The trigger should be easy to pull, which takes out most CPS Soakers.

Maybe a small XP would be best?!
I have some Super Soaker experience from my own childhood, SS-50 was actually my first one, but a few years later my younger brother
inherited them all.
I have a rough idea what models might work for my daughter, but opinions from some Soaker Pros. would be great!
:oops:

isoaker

Re: Small SS Gun for a 3yr old?!

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:21 am

IMO, I'd really recommend the Water Warriors Jet for those between 2-5. In fact, when my own little one is old enough, that's the blaster he'll be using first! :goofy: The main drawback is that it needs 3 AA batteries to run, but then that is part of what makes it good for little kids; there's no need for them to pump. If the Water Warriors Jet is not available in stores nearby, I'd recommend small pump-action soakers like the Water Warriors Kwik Grips, Water Warriors Kwik Grip XLs, or even a Super Soaker Bottle Shot. Small ones tend to get frustrated if pre-pumping is required before water comes out; things that pump and shoot or don't require pumping at all work best. Of course, once they are 7-8 years old, small XP/Max-D-type water blasters start becoming better options.

Hope that helps!

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

mkhadem

Post by mkhadem » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:18 am

Mabye an xp 15 or another one of the early xp's. Mabye an SS50. If you want one that still has a fair bit of power try the xp 150 (though it could be a bit large for a 3 year old).If you're quite eager to get a cps than I would suggest an SC500 or an SC600 as these seem to be one of the smallest in the cps tree although a 3 year old might struggle to carry it. You could get a cps for a bit later, mabye wait till shes 5, 6, 7, years old and in the meantime get her an xp.
The problem I see is buying the water gun, as the xp series are quite old they are obviously not being sold in shops anymore so I think a bit of searching on ebay would be the best way to find your water gun.

mkhadem
Last edited by mkhadem on Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:27 am

@mkhadem: An SS300 or even an SS50 for a 2.5-3yr old?! Unless the kid is particular large and built like a 7-8 year old, I doubt the average 2-3 yr old would be able to hold one properly (their hands wouldn't be able to wrap around the grip), let alone pump it or be able to pull the trigger properly. Those are good blaster suggestions, but not for a 2-3 year old.

Primergy

Post by Primergy » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:45 pm

Small ones tend to get frustrated if pre-pumping is required before water comes out
Excellent point!!! :)
However, in my head batteries and water guns don't mix - it is not the Volts & Water mix,
but something against having them motorized.

an XP150 or a SS300, well my daughter is quite big for her age but it seems like having Rambo carrying a Howitzer.
I kinda hate the Water Warriors for no ligical reason... (maybe the cheapish design?!?) :oo:
The Bottle Shot really is a neat concept, but weight distribution is maybe a lil off.

A XP20, or SS20 is my fave atm...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:23 am

Primergy wrote:However, in my head batteries and water guns don't mix - it is not the Volts & Water mix,
but something against having them motorized.
Funny you should say that, but thing is, back in the 1980s (man, am I that old?), the majority of *good* water guns on the market were all motorized, sucking through AA batteries like an SUV drinks gas. :goofy:

Ah well, those were those days... If you prefer Super Soakers, the ones you mentioned may be good if you can find them. You may also consider the Super Soaker Vaporizer (pump action) and the Super Soaker Max-D2000 (though Max-D triggers are a little harder to pull).

Soak on!