Water Warriors Krypton - Thoughts

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Shadowstrike Prime

Water Warriors Krypton - Thoughts

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:16 pm

I picked up the Krypton today, and I must say I'm pleased. Overall it's a very comfortable blaster to hold; the strap seems a bit short, but the trigger grip is nice and big! I love being able to fit my whole hand around it and get a solid hold on the blaster. The Krypton's got a kind of second grip just foreward of the first one, but it's pretty much just decorative since you've got your other hand on the pump the whole time anyway.

I like the look of the blaster, it seems like a more natural evolution of the 1998-2000 line of Super Soakers, rather than the bubbly then spaceman route that was taken. I'm not crazy about the yellow, but the black balances it out nicely. A few of the paint applications seem alittle sketchy, but it's not very noticable.

Pumping is *not* quick and easy... and it seems that unless the blaster itself is held perfectly level the pump has problems drawing in water at lower water levels. It's really quite hard to get the pump going, and this is my main gripe with the Krypton. The trigger for the pressure gauge is still located in that weird spot on the the back of the trigger grip, but it's not as pronounced as the one on the Blazer. It's still alittle uncomfortable to use after awhile.

I'm impressed with the Krypton's range; it cleared my back fence on it's widest nozzle setting. The smallest nozzle is alittle useless though; a more effective fan spray would have been a better choice.

Overall, I think it's a solid blaster, there are a few things that need improvement, but nothing that brings it all down.

Link to primary Water Warriors AquaMaster Precharger Krypton discussion thread
"...Yes."

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:19 am

You find the Krypton needs to be held perfectly level when water is low to fill? Hm... I'd need to experiment. My memory tells me it needs to be tilted slightly (not too much) towards the back of the blaster.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your blaster, though!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: