Best Water Guns according to Popular Mechanics

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Best Water Guns according to Popular Mechanics

Post by isoaker » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:00 pm

Middle Schooler-Approved Abusive Lab Test

Can't really say too much about these reviews... very limited, very short, not very insightful, but I suppose this is how a good portion of the population views water blasters, presently.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Rising Flood

Re: Best Water Guns according to Popular Mechanics

Post by Rising Flood » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:50 am

Once again, Hasbro successfully markets to the young ones. I'm not surprised they like the moronic gimmicks - motorized pumping, swappable reservoirs, side-shooting, etc. I could think of a reason that each one is useless. (Pump your own water gun and sweat a little bit; most old water guns had around, if not more than, 2L capacity; who needs shooting at the side? Just turn around!?) I also can't believe the Arctic Blast wasn't even there; it performs much better than the ones listed, and is still available. :oo:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:47 am

I submitted a comment yesterday, and either its still waiting for approval or got rejected without them saying anything.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:32 pm

I like how they talk about air pressure guns at the top, but none of those guns even uses air pressure. And obviously not CPS.
ownage

Rising Flood

Post by Rising Flood » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:51 pm

C-A_99 wrote:I submitted a comment yesterday, and either its still waiting for approval or got rejected without them saying anything.
same here.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:32 pm

Well, seems like they all got posted, including a particuarly funny response to what I believe was Rising Flood's comment:

"Seriously they are just squirt guns, settle down.And yes they are marketed to kids, because they are toys. wow you guys are pretty upset. By the way the easy bake oven just uses a light bulb its not a real oven, sorry to burst your bubble."

Now that is definately not what you say to enthusiasts who build their own PVC devices, carry heavy CPS's, plan tactics and wars, etc. The commenter's misuse of the term "squirt gun" is particuarly annoying, but its no surprise...

Unfortunately, posting comments about iSc/SSC and real water warfare devices doesn't seem to help against the stereotypes water warfare continually faces. On the other hand, theres still a lot of non-enthusiasts who are open to the concept and are able to accept it as a hobby. (or even a sport for some)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:46 pm

Those are definitely NOT the best water guns. Those water guns need permission to bow before the best water guns.

If that list included the '98(?) CPS line, it would live up to its name of the best. Until then, uh uh.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Rising Flood

Post by Rising Flood » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:19 pm

that was funny...They may have been replying to me. Mine was #3. That just reinforces one more reason Hasbro is selling to kids: the general impression of water guns is that they are childish and for kids.

twinkiewarrior93

Post by twinkiewarrior93 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:49 pm

Personally i like piston guns. They may be limited by the user's power, but i'm a pretty strong guy, and i can smoke my friend with a bottle shot attached to a two liter bottle. Did i mention that if you attach a two liter bottle, the bottle shot seems to shoot farther than the box says? But I still don't think that they are the best though. I have that blue PO* they have on there, and though they are right about the pool thing, I dont have a pool! But the end does screw off, so they lied about the 'not filling from a hose'.

mkhadem

Post by mkhadem » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:10 am

You guys are all right about them not even really comparing to the best water guns out there.
And if you look at it, they only tested, 4 or 5. They should have looked at the whole market out there and read isoakers reviews (as they are probably the most accurate online and there are user reviews). Yeh, why didn't they include the arctic blast and hydroblitz?

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:44 am

That made me feel sick. No offense to those who don't know anything about soakers, but, come on. If they were making an article like this, couldn't they at least do some research? They probably didn't even bring ABs, FFs, Orcas, or Tiger Sharks to the "testing lab".
Need the plants watered? Contact me.
Need the kids looked after? Look no further.
Need the laundry done? The solution right here.

SUPER SOAKERS TO THE RESCUE!

AquaNinja

Post by AquaNinja » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:23 am

You know I don't even think they even thought about (or even knew) what a CPS was I don't think they tested much and at least do some research for goodness sake! Squirt guns? Hahaha stupid people who think water wars are childish!
Soaking the UK! :soaked: