Found CPS2000 in basement

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
findnemo

Found CPS2000 in basement

Post by findnemo » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:55 pm

Hello I was browsing gizmodo when I saw the time line picture of the super soakers. I remember when I was a little boy my dad bought this for me from toys r us and I remember it being the single most savage water gun I've ever used.

When I saw the time line I remember putting it in the basement and sure enough it was there. The sticker is kinda peeling and the purple part has some scratches. It still works though so I was thinking about putting it on ebay.

I'm not greedy by any means so what's a good starting price for it? I'm selling it because I really have no use for it and it seams like someone else might use it more and enjoy it more then me.

I'll put pictures up tomorrow. I was thinking of putting the price at 30$ is that reasonable?

SSCBen

Re: Found CPS2000 in basement

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:11 pm

CPS 2000s very often sell for over $200. I did a little research last year and the average price was $174 on eBay. So you'd definitely want to put it on eBay.

$30 sounds low for a starting price. I'd probably start at something like $50 with a reserve of $150. With that being said I've never sold on eBay and have no idea how that starting price or reserve price would affect the final price.

findnemo

Post by findnemo » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:18 pm

Wow that's crazy. Good thing my dad didn't throw this thing away. I remember being hit with it once near point blank......it freaking hurt. Did some more research and found that mine is the first version because the pressure gauge extends to more then the strap holder.

Man shipping on this thing is gonna be epic. Thanks for helping!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:31 am

Wow! Nice find; sort of like finding buried treasure right in your own home! As Ben noted, CPS 2000s tend to sell really well, particularly if it is the original design. Good luck with your selling; as an aside, did you test it out to see if it still functions? Also, would you be willing to share some pics of your blaster before it ships out?

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:38 pm

Awesome score. You don't really hear of people finding stuff like that in the couch cushions next to the remote and loose change. Good job!

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.