Hands-On: Super Soaker Bottle Shot

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Hands-On: Super Soaker Bottle Shot

Post by isoaker » Sat May 03, 2008 1:37 pm

The Super Soaker Bottle Shot is likely one of the most minimalistic water blasters out there. As most other piston-based water blasters, the Bottle Shot is more-or-less a reservoir with a pump and nozzle. What makes the Bottle Shot more unique and also gives it its name is the fact that the reservoir has the same size opening and threading as a number of commonly found plastic bottles used for drinks. As such, the Bottle Shot can have a larger reservoir by swapping the bottle it comes with with a larger 2L soda/pop bottle.

Pumping is smooth, but nothing particularly notable. It's odd that Hasbro Inc. only rated the range at 20'. While I've yet to do range testing, based on the pump volume and general stream lamination seen during testing, I believe it should be able to achieve 30' without too much trouble. What I did find a little concerning was the balance on the blaster. Already with the bottle it comes with, the Bottle Shot feels back-end-heavy when filled. I can only imagine how it'd feel with a fully filled 2L bottle attached. I foresee a lot of potential wrist stress due to the balance of this blaster.

More to come ...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

isoaker

Re: Hands-On: Super Soaker Bottle Shot

Post by isoaker » Sun May 04, 2008 7:28 am

Super Soaker Bottle Shot pictures posted. Full review to come later this week.

Soak on!

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sun May 04, 2008 7:37 am

It says you can use 2 liter bottles, but will the intake tube actually be able to do that?
ownage

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 04, 2008 8:38 am

emperor_james wrote:It says you can use 2 liter bottles, but will the intake tube actually be able to do that?
You should definitely be able to use a 2L bottle, but as you note, the intake tube is rather short. Thus, while it would fit into the bottle, as water level drops, you'd have to tip the blaster forward to ensure the intake tube is in water before drawing the pump.

Croc

Post by Croc » Sun May 04, 2008 7:43 pm

On the box/on the site, it says you can use 2L bottles, or any bottle with a neck like those or the 710mL bottles. I agree that the intake tube is a bit short, but they have to give you a reservoir.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu May 08, 2008 7:26 pm

Man, where does the time go. Somehow, it's getting near to Friday and I really don't recall what I've been doing since the weekend! Oh well...

Bottle Shot review isn't ready yet since I've just lacked the time to put one together. Hopefully soon, though, but things just keep popping up.

@Croc: the Bottle Shot does come with a small reservoir; holds about 230mL (~7.2oz) of water.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 11, 2008 7:15 pm

Super Soaker Bottle Shot review posted.

Enjoy! Soak on!