Intriguing... (FF comparison)

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Evangel

Intriguing... (FF comparison)

Post by Evangel » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:07 pm

I recently bought a new Flash Flood off eBay as my backup should my current Flash Flood ever break. I just tested the new one out and... this thing seems to have a WAY larger pump capacity than my previous two! The flood nozzle was wider and lasted noticeably longer!

I can get up to 30 pumps with the old one before I have trouble pushing the lever, but this one can easily get upwards of 40 pumps and still not much difficulty. The action becomes difficult, but not nearly as difficult as the old one.

Seems to prove my theory that not all blasters are built exactly the same. If it weren't brand new in its box, I'd say this was modded before. 8)

XP270

Re: Intriguing... (FF comparison)

Post by XP270 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:10 pm

Thats cool! Sometimes things like that change without notice or you can tell. It just goes to show, no two soakers are exactly the same.
Retired Leader of the Moubis Militia

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:32 pm

@Evangel: if you can, can you pump up both your Flash Floods to max and empty the PC contents into a container to compare whether or not there really is a capacity difference? Certain blasters can feel one way, but have surprisingly similar actual stats. Of course, if there really is a difference, I'd like to know how much things have improved. Optimally, if you can measure the PC capacities of both Flash Floods, that'd be best, but I'm not sure whether or not you have access to a measuring cup or similar device.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:23 pm

Was the new FF an 08 version?
ownage

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:43 pm

Well I'll look into it, see what's going on.