Arctic Shock

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
SharpObjects

Arctic Shock

Post by SharpObjects » Mon May 02, 2005 6:31 pm

Well, I was crusing through the wal-mart, looking for a Flash Flood. It seems everywhere I go, there is NO FF to be seen. So, not leaving empty handed, I picked up the Arctic Shock. My first impression was "Wow, cold water". Infact I had a great tyme playing with it. Because I just got it, I can't tell you about the Ice core. I put a few Ice cubes in, but I feel the ice core will have a bigger difference that 5 or 6 ice cubes. Not a very powerful blaster like the FF that I oh so desperately want, but good all around I must say. Don't expect to go sniper with this, I suggest this as a defence weapon or for when your retreating. Aim for the back of the neck if you can. The ice water should make their hair stand on end.

I really like the feel of th AS very balanced. It also has very appealing looks. Its color is also unique, as I haven't seen a white/dark blue scheme before this. Don't plan on playing night games unless you paint it, or are playing where it snows.

If your looking for power, look elsewhere. But this I would say is a good general purpose kind of soaker, and its a real looker.
Consider this for close-range.

(Update)
I just tried the Ice core, it cools the water to a cool temperature, i'd say the temperature is in the late 30 degrees
(fahrenheit). Getting hit by this would cause a slight sting. Haven't tried it in battle (This friday I will update again).

power-7
range-7.5
cool factor-8.5
features-most unique-9
scariness-7.5
all-around-8

This review expresses the opinions of the author.

~SO

Edited By SharpObjects on 1116800242

Link to the primary Super Soaker SoakerTag Elite Arctic Shock discussion thread
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue May 03, 2005 6:42 am

Thanks for your review on the Arctic Shock! I hope to push it up in the next little while onto the proper page on iSoaker.com.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Tue May 03, 2005 2:18 pm

My first post ever, Sweet.

~SO

Edited By SharpObjects on 1116962893
CPS 4100 *in repair*
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Sun May 22, 2005 5:14 pm

Sorry for the double post, it wouldn't let me use the edit feature.

I never updated, here it is.

I brought the AS to an JROTC picnic, filled it up and waited. I saw a few others with unrecognizable soakers, and one had a Helix. I put the core into the chamber. When I soaked the others, they had gotten goose bumps and and didn't enjoy the cold water on bare skin. The effect doesn't last for long, just carry some ice cubes around to keep the water cold. When I had gotten picked up, my father said jokingly "there is something very cruel about shootin ice water at someone.

And there you have it. The core was effective for a short while, but still was effective. Even the guy with the Helix was putting ice cubes into his soaker
:laugh: I started a trend. I have to redo the score now.

With NO ice core
power-7
range-7.5
cool factor-8.5
features-most unique-9
scariness-7.5
all-around-7.7

WITH Ice core
power-7
range-7.5
cool factor-8.5
features-most unique-9
scariness-8.5 (After being hit with ice water, you don't want to feel that again)
all-around-8.4

~SO
:blues:

Edited By SharpObjects on 1116800354
CPS 4100 *in repair*
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

JD32

Post by JD32 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:02 am

I also found the Arctic Shock's Ice Core to be less thant brilliant, when I first tested mine out.

Ice Cubes seem more effective if you've got a lot (It'll reach its coldest when these have almost entirely turned to slush). But what you may find will also work is an ice-pack.

A fully-frozen flexible ice-pack inserted into the weapon seems to keep the water colder for longer, especially when you load the gun up with ice cubes as well and let the ice cubes melt a bit before combat begins.

Of course on the down-side you do lose a little water capacity, but the cold effect is enhanced and goes on for considerably longer.

Of course the pursuit of cold in this manner might be termed "sadistic" by some, but I think it's all about extending the breadth of the arsenal.