Question about my armament - Suggestions, comments, anything

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Zeppelin

Post by Zeppelin » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:36 pm

I have only recently gotten into serious water fights (actually picking a soaker based on its statistics, using strategy, etc.) and I was wondering if this is a fairly good armament. (Please note that I don't have any of the CPS line soakers but I'm buying some. I have a post about it in The Marketplace.) (An asterisk * next to a weapon means I don't have it yet.)

Primary:
Very Light Assault/Scouting: XP 270
Medium-Light Assault: Max-D 6K
Medium Assault: CPS 1500* or CPS 2100*
Heavy Assault : CPS 2700*
Backup: STE Aquapack Devastator or Helix
Sniper: CPS 1K* (I'm not going to be able to get a CPS 2K with the amount of money available to me for soakers, that's for sure)
Base Defense: None (I'm already low on money but if I get a base defense soaker it'll be one of the Monsters)

That's about it...as you can see, I only have about half of the soakers on the list (that's kind of a problem, but I'm working on it, as I've already said.) Let me know what you think of my current armament and the ideas I have for it later!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:58 am

If you don't have a soaker, I wouldn't quite list it the way you have, but that's me. As well, unless you know where to get those older soakers, they do tend to be harder to come by.

Overall, your choice of blasters looks pretty good. For medium-light assault, I'd also suggest a Flash Flood while for medium-assault, I'd also recommend a Water Warriors Blazer as well.

Of course, it really depends on the types of games/skirmishes you get involved in which should determine what soaker you should be using.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:28 am

Well, to quote what Duxburian would probably say, a K-modded CPS 2100 would probably cover you for Medium Assaults and Sniping. The CPS 1500 is more powerful than a stock CPS 2100, though, and harder to find.

For Heavy Assaults, I wouldn't say the CPS 2700 so much as the CPS 3000 or CPS 2500, both of which have the delectable 20x nozzle. :)
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:44 am

Nibordude made a mod to get a 20x nozzle on a CPS 2700 without unscrewing the selector and I think without drilling? It is not well known, as I don't remember it, so ask him.

As for the k-modded 2100, if you only do a k-mod use it for short range because of the sting factor. It is only good at long range if you also nozzle mod it, but that range beats everything else except some homemades. Then again a CPS 1500 is a great gun with long range and high output, but good luck finding one, as they are pretty rare.

My other suggestions are to pick up an XP 310 to back up your MD 6K, as Max-D guns have a trigger valve known for breaking. I would also ditch the Helix, your backup gun should be strong enough to replace your main gun, or at least have decent preformance, which the APD could do.

*Posting from School!* :goofy:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers