Hands-On: Water Warriors M16

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Hands-On: Water Warriors M16

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:28 pm

The Water Warriors M16 is one of the few realistically-themed water blasters released on the market for a long time. It's interesting for Buzz Bee Toys Inc to take a chance with such a design so it'll be interesting how well it ends up panning out. Of course, in order to meet certain US State gun regulations, the M16 has some peculiar features. However, its shape and styling are unmistakable.

It should be noted that the Water Warriors M16 is roughly only 50% the size of a real M16. The reservoir is in the shoulder stock while the gun nozzle is ornamental with the water blaster's nozzle being a small hole beneath the fake nozzle, but above the pump. This is one of the things done to satisfy certain toy gun laws. The M16 is piston based with the base of the front grip being the pump grip. As such, the pump is semi-tracked, stabilized by the body of the blaster. Pump volume is respectable, but not massive. The real nozzle, though, is not that large either, thus balances well with the pump volume. The stream made is smooth. Range testing still needs to be done.

In the end, the Water Warriors M16 is more for those who wish to do military role-playing with water blasters, performing satisfactorily, but not particularly noteworthy, either. Likely good for the younger crowd, its lower output, pump volume, and lack of strap for its longer size limit its usefulness.

Water Warriors M16 review page. Full review to come soon, but pictures and some stats posted already. Enjoy!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

WaterWolf

Re: Hands-On: Water Warriors M16

Post by WaterWolf » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:15 am

I'm not sure if you know about this, but the "Hands-On: Water Warriors Power Squirt" is not working.
It says: "The requested topic does not exist." when I click on it.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:32 am

WaterWolf wrote:I'm not sure if you know about this, but the "Hands-On: Water Warriors Power Squirt" is not working.
It says: "The requested topic does not exist." when I click on it.
Should work now. There seems to be a minor bug in the board; when a topic is moved from one forum to another and it ends up being the last topic posted, the main page link doesn't point properly until another reply is added. One can access such topics by first going into the forum, then clicking on the desired topic. 'tis weird, but I think it has something to do with the rewrite-code used here.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:20 am

Water Warriors M16 review posted
Well, everything but range testing. Still a little too chilly to do those. :goofy:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:35 pm

I would like to see them keep that exact design, and add a cylindrical pressure chamber right underneath the carry handle. That little flashlight lookin' thing under the forearm would work well as a pump. There is no container big enough to hold all the awesome that would be.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:37 pm

I would like to see them keep that exact design, and add a cylindrical pressure chamber right underneath the carry handle. That little flashlight lookin' thing under the forearm would work well as a pump. There is no container big enough to hold all the awesome that would be.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Croc

Post by Croc » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:09 am

This looks like a fun gun! I can't wait to see some ranges on this, because it just looks incredibly awesome as it is. Just paint it hot pink and you're ready to go.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:03 am

@Croc: "Hot pink"?! :goofy:

'tis a good lookin' fun gun, but it is piston-based and its nozzle isn't very large, thus I don't expect miraculous ranges from this one. I'd be content if it can reach the 30' mark, but we'll see when it gets a little warmer.

Croc

Post by Croc » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Of course, hot pink is the way to go. It shows intense masculinity :goofy:
It would be so much better that way, and if you modify it to turn it in to air pressure or CPS even, Then you can expand nozzles and other things like that to improve it.