I'm a n00b

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
SuperDuperSoaker

I'm a n00b

Post by SuperDuperSoaker » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:39 pm

Ok, I'm a n00b, so I was wondering what would be a good primary. I would like it to be STOCK, but minor mods are Ok.
thanks in advance :)

PS: does anyone here nerf?

I LOVE CSS

XP270

Re: I'm a n00b

Post by XP270 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:58 pm

Hello and Welcome to iSoaker! you know this question is commonly asked by newer members of the obnline soaking communtity. Really it varies upon what is your role in the battle. But for a grunt I'd say the CPSes 1000 1200 1500 1700 and 2100 are good as well as MAX-D 6000s and XP 270s and by the way I NERF too.
Retired Leader of the Moubis Militia

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:01 pm

The best guns available in stores are the Water Warriors Orca, the Super Soaker Hydroblitz, the Super Soaker Arctic Blast, and the similar Super Soaker Flash Flood. I wouldn't recommend any of them highly. If I had to pick one, it would be the Orca due to the variety of nozzle settings.

If you want a general introduction to water guns, check this out: http://www.sscentral.org/intro/

I Nerf occasionally. I once attended a Nerf club meeting at my university, but I never went to any games. I've browsed Nerf websites since 2002 and joined NerfHaven in 2003, but I don't do much else Nerf-wise.

SuperDuperSoaker

Post by SuperDuperSoaker » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:08 pm

thanx guys

I LOVE CSS

Gold Hawk

Post by Gold Hawk » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:43 am

Ben wrote:The best guns available in stores are the Water Warriors Orca, the Super Soaker Hydroblitz, the Super Soaker Arctic Blast, and the similar Super Soaker Flash Flood. I wouldn't recommend any of them highly. If I had to pick one, it would be the Orca due to the variety of nozzle settings.

If you want a general introduction to water guns, check this out: http://www.sscentral.org/intro/

I Nerf occasionally. I once attended a Nerf club meeting at my university, but I never went to any games. I've browsed Nerf websites since 2002 and joined NerfHaven in 2003, but I don't do much else Nerf-wise.
I don't know Ben; I mean, the very word "Hydro Blitz" is altogether evil. I'd take a Flash Flood/Arctic blast over the HB any day. Heck, I'd take a 1-3-5 over the HB. :D

Alright SuperDuperSoaker, here are recommendations I can make from experience:

SS 200

CPS 2000

CPS 2100

Flash Flood/Arctic Blast

Water Warriors Blazer

WW Tiger Shark

It really all depends on your strength, and your preferences.

For instance, most soakers that have a long shot time, have weak streams (i.e. SS 200). On the other hand, there are soakers that deliver massive beams of liquid death, but they have shot times that are only a few (if any) seconds long (i.e. CPS 2000, Flash Flood/Arctic Blast on the flood nozzel).

It's really all up to you though. You've come to the right site for reviews and tactics. But if you want to know more about mods and tech stuff, SSCentral is the site for your modifying and repairing needs.

In conclusion, welcome to the wet and wonderful world of water warfare!

-Gold Hawk
HydroHawks Command CenterNEW REPORT! APARTMENT MASSACRE!

"Missing isn't the worst part. The retaliation is." -Commander Gold Hawk

"Exsisto validus, fortis aequora." (Be strong, brave the water.) -Motto Of the HydroHawks

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:43 pm

I said those guns are the best available in stores today, not that they are equal or even very good. And I made no comparison against water guns not available in stores. As I said, I do not recommend any water gun currently in stores highly from my limited experience with them and what I have read about them. They all have little potential even when modified. The only new water gun I've bought in the past 5 years was an Arctic Blast to make a few modification pages on my website, and I gave it away a few weeks ago, so it obviously wasn't valuable to me.

Croc

Post by Croc » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:41 pm

Wow Ben, you really love the new Super Soakers, don't you?

I remember when I was starting out, that I got lucky with what my cousins had in terms of an armoury.

I would probably start with the Orca, Tigershark, or one of the three BuzzBee Toys prechargers (Argon, Krypton, Xenon). They get decent range, and, although not too modifiable (word?), they have great power for current stock guns. The Argon, for example, shoots about as far as the normal Flash Flood nozzle (not flood), and it is a respectable gun size-wise (I do not own one, but I have used them before. They are really nice)

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:55 pm

For a decent primary gun, get any of the big Water Warriors guns. Orca, Blazer, Tigershark, Pirahna, Lightning, Scorpion, and Krypton. I have plenty of experience with the Orca, Blazer, Lightning and Scorpion, but I don't have any of the others. Anyway, all of them get good range (around 12m/40'), all of them have a good soaking nozzle, and they're all pretty cheap. Out of the ones I listed, I most recommend the Orca and Blazer, because they have the most nozzles, and I least recomment the Scorpion, because it's really loud.
If you can get an older CPS weapon though, go for that.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:21 pm

Ben's got very good reason to be disliking the modern soakers and I fully agree with him. The only reason I own any of those newer soakers is because decent ones are hard and/or to obtain, and that they still make relatively decent sidearms. (Flash Flood for example; good sidearm, but low capacity, PC size, and range don't make it good as a primary)

However, having been in the newbie's position not too long ago, I know what it's like when your choices are limited from getting CPS's and, out of all soakers available right now, I could only recommend the Tiger Shark and Flash Flood. (Orca has much better handling than Tiger Shark, but is too bulky and heavy considering the fact that a CPS 1000 is significantly lighter and more powerful with similar capacity) I haven't tried the Arctic Blast, but that'd be the second recommendation. Then there's a few pressurized reservoir small-arms (like Max-D 3000's, but the Max-D trigger is extremely unreliable) and that's about it.

My true recommendations still rest in the CPS line, but is relatively incomplete considering how many CPS's I've had the chance to handle. The most popular medium-CPS's are the 1000, 1200, 1500/1700, and MonsterX's and 2001's, as well as the CPS 3200, are popular heavy arms. (While the CPS 2000 and 2500 are slightly overrated IMO, and that's speaking from experience)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Croc

Post by Croc » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:38 pm

C-A_99 - Isn't the FF one of the larger PC guns (of late), but due to it's low reservoir capacity, it kinda sucks?

If you buy any super soakers, buy the Max infusion aqua pack that will add 100 oz. to your reservoir capacity. It is a worthwhile investment of something like $15 CAD

If possible, ask older family members (ie cousins etc.) whether or not they have any old Super Soakers. I got non functional but easily fixable guns of decent upkeep for free from my cousin (CPS 2000 and 3000), and like 5 SS50s to go with them...

If not, go with what mr. dude suggested.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:25 pm

By modern standards, yes, the PC and aquapack additions are larged. Based on iSoaker stats however, that 350mL is half of most soakers from the CPS line, and reservoir + aquapack will add to almost 4L, which is a little more than the average CPS line reservoir. However, this low capacity only comes from it's small design, and right now, the primary lacking of the FF is decent nozzles (which are fixable by somewhat easy modding). However, it does not work well as a primary against larger guns with higher pump volume, PC capacity, and power. What I'm saying is that because the overall design small, it has a small PC, and because of that, the power is relatively limited to maintain reasonable shot time, which restricts the range. For its size, the FF is great. As a sidearm it's also great. (given the user can carry it as such) As a primary... No. The onboard reservoir capacity isn't as large of a problem when the FF is used as a sidearm without excessive use of the flood nozzle. (but still runs out considerably quickly compared to many other blasters)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:02 pm

you could always do a pc expansion. with that, nozzle mod, and the aquapack you could have something similar to the old cps in stats.
ownage

Croc

Post by Croc » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:28 am

Both are true, I just put a part of a CPS 2000's bladder in the FF, and am working on some additional mods to the gun. However, I might just have to add the LRT I used for fixing some water guns ^^ in it's place. I need more bike tubes, and don't have any lying around. I need to PRVD, so as to remove the pressure limit, and am trying to do the better version of the colossus... I have big plans for my FF.