MaxD 6000 Review

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
DX

MaxD 6000 Review

Post by DX » Sat May 28, 2005 9:53 pm

My first attempt at a non-CPS review...so bear with me. The stats might seem bad, that is because I compare soakers against air pressure, constant pressure, modified, and homemade. Makes for more accurate and realistic stats. I forgot to mention that even though I'm American, I mix metric and standard. I use liters/mL for measuring capacity, feet/inches for range, meters and miles for distance, and degrees F for temperature. In the reviews I write, ranges are always in feet/inches, but capacities are always in liters.

Max D 6000

Some Stats: [All ratings are based out of 10]

Shot Time:
1: 5-7 seconds
2: 5-7 seconds
3: 4-5 seconds
4: 3-4 seconds
Capacity: ~1.5 liters
# of pumps: 8-10
Mobility:
With an inexperienced user: 6-8
With an average user: 8-9
With a veteran user: 10
Intimidation:
Against an inexperienced enemy: 4-6
Against an average enemy: 2-4
Against a veteran enemy: 1-0
Overall Power:
Against an air pressure gun: 8
Against a small CPS: 7
Against a medium CPS: 6
Against a large CPS: 5
Against a modded gun: 2-4
Against a homemade: 1-4

The MD 6000 is similar to the XP 310, but shoots further, is less durable, holds more water, and uses it quicker. This is a great light gun, dual wieldable with minimal effort. It comes with no strap, and no strap is needed. A cause of concern is the trigger system, which has an extremely high chance of breaking. This can be repaired, but is difficult. Heavy use encourages breakage over time, so watch out for that. The pump also is slightly weak feeling, pump with care. It only takes about 8 pumps to load this thing! The shot time is also really good. The pressure gauge is helpful, but it will fog over time. I've had 2 MD 6000's, both sadly had their trigger systems fail. The MD 6000 is a good gun [while it lasts].

Pros:
4 nozzles
Very light
Great shot time
Low number of pumps
Good range

Cons:
Max-D trigger system will most likely end up breaking
Pressure Gauge fogs up with time
Pump is somewhat weak

Mods for the MD 6000:
XPS
Check Valve Freeze

Positions for the MD 6000
Scout, skirmisher, etc. The more experienced will be able to pull off grunt and other similar roles. Avoid large CPS guns, modifieds, and homemades, especially in the hands of a skilled user. A skilled user of one of these powerful guns could potentially sweep you right off the field, so bring your best tactics and fight in groups.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 29, 2005 9:02 am

Nice review!

I'd like to raise a couple of points though.
First, when you compare your reviewed soaker to a 'modded gun', I hope you're at least comparing it to a modded model of the same soaker and not a different model modded gun. Second, I'm not sure it'd be a fair comparison to contrast an stock model with a 'homemade'. It's not that I discourage the comparison, rather that the term 'homemade' is a general term covering a huge variety of designs. It's like saying you're comparing a Max-D6000 versus the entire Water Warriors line. Even if you were to define 'homemade' as something of roughly the same size as the soaker being reviewed, the potential underlying differences I believe make the comparison less meaningful. I know what you're trying to say by the comparisons and agree that 'homemades' and 'modded guns' have the potential of being that much better than stock, but I'm not sure 'tis accurate to describe those comparisons like that alone. Perhaps you should note that you're comparing to a particular 'modded gun' or personally built homemade for clarity. Just some thoughts. Otherwise, good stuff!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 29, 2005 9:02 am

Nice review!

I'd like to raise a couple of points though.
First, when you compare your reviewed soaker to a 'modded gun', I hope you're at least comparing it to a modded model of the same soaker and not a different model modded gun. Second, I'm not sure it'd be a fair comparison to contrast an stock model with a 'homemade'. It's not that I discourage the comparison, rather that the term 'homemade' is a general term covering a huge variety of designs. It's like saying you're comparing a Max-D6000 versus the entire Water Warriors line. Even if you were to define 'homemade' as something of roughly the same size as the soaker being reviewed, the potential underlying differences I believe make the comparison less meaningful. I know what you're trying to say by the comparisons and agree that 'homemades' and 'modded guns' have the potential of being that much better than stock, but I'm not sure 'tis accurate to describe those comparisons like that alone. Perhaps you should note that you're comparing to a particular 'modded gun' or personally built homemade for clarity. Just some thoughts. Otherwise, good stuff!

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 29, 2005 9:24 am

When I say against a "modded gun" it generally refers to a gun that is 1 class higher than the reviewed gun, and has at least the basic colossus or k-mod. In this case, a modded MD 6000 would not be that much better than a stock one, so a same-class comparison would not be that effective. As for the "homemade", I guess it'll be the dual chamber APH type, as that is the only kind of homemade I *currently* have.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 29, 2005 9:24 am

When I say against a "modded gun" it generally refers to a gun that is 1 class higher than the reviewed gun, and has at least the basic colossus or k-mod. In this case, a modded MD 6000 would not be that much better than a stock one, so a same-class comparison would not be that effective. As for the "homemade", I guess it'll be the dual chamber APH type, as that is the only kind of homemade I *currently* have.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 29, 2005 9:51 am

^ Well, that better explains the numbers you rate (at least, to me! :goofy: ) Thanks for the clarification on your reviews. I'll just make a note to remind you, however, that while I'll leave your review posts alone on here, when reposted on the review pages of iSoaker.com, the modding/homemade references will be slimmed down and/or removed (though some minor things may remain) depending on what's being said and how 'safe' I feel about letting some things into a review. :goofy:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 29, 2005 9:51 am

^ Well, that better explains the numbers you rate (at least, to me! :goofy: ) Thanks for the clarification on your reviews. I'll just make a note to remind you, however, that while I'll leave your review posts alone on here, when reposted on the review pages of iSoaker.com, the modding/homemade references will be slimmed down and/or removed (though some minor things may remain) depending on what's being said and how 'safe' I feel about letting some things into a review. :goofy:

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 29, 2005 10:19 am

I know that the modding references will most likely be dropped, but they are there mainly for the SM versions. I make up these reviews on the spot, so taking out the mods would make it seem akward until after the review is posted and my thought process is complete. :cool:

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 29, 2005 10:19 am

I know that the modding references will most likely be dropped, but they are there mainly for the SM versions. I make up these reviews on the spot, so taking out the mods would make it seem akward until after the review is posted and my thought process is complete. :cool:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 29, 2005 10:35 am

^ hehe... no need for you to feel a need remove them or not post them in these forums as they ARE part of your review. I just feel a need to balance my desire to keep the info in your review together with my desire to keep the main sections of iSoaker.com mod/homemade-minimal due to my own safety and liability concerns.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 29, 2005 10:35 am

^ hehe... no need for you to feel a need remove them or not post them in these forums as they ARE part of your review. I just feel a need to balance my desire to keep the info in your review together with my desire to keep the main sections of iSoaker.com mod/homemade-minimal due to my own safety and liability concerns.

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:15 pm

A cause of concern is the trigger system, which has an extremely high chance of breaking. This can be repaired, but is difficult. Heavy use encourages breakage over time, so watch out for that.

unfortunately i experienced this first-hand...:(
-The Wizard of Water

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:15 pm

A cause of concern is the trigger system, which has an extremely high chance of breaking. This can be repaired, but is difficult. Heavy use encourages breakage over time, so watch out for that.

unfortunately i experienced this first-hand...:(
-The Wizard of Water

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Super Soaker Max-D6000

Post by SEAL » Sat May 08, 2010 11:13 am

This is one of my favorite blasters that I own. It's got great range, it's got a pressure gauge, and it's light and easy to carry. The grip is pretty tight though. What is with the Max-D series and their tight uncomfortable grips?! :x

But aside from that, it's a great blaster. I'll recommend it anyday as a good light assault rifle and/or a light sniping rifle.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.