Water Warriors : Krypton Review - ^_^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Zealot

Water Warriors : Krypton Review - ^_^

Post by Zealot » Sat May 21, 2005 12:04 am

This is my first post and my first review on these forums, so I intent to contribute! :D

Anyway, let's start on!

---
Name : Krypton
Manufacturer : Buzz Bee Toys Inc.
---

The Krypton is the biggest blaster offered this year by Buzz Bee's new line. The line sports a new "pre-charge" system, which supposedly "allows the user to pump less". This is, in theory, a good idea. However, everyone knows that the more you pump, the more hard it gets to pump. This is very true with the Krypton. The main complaint about this gun is that the pump is really hard. I consider myself a boy with average strength, and I feel my muscles twitch everytime I pump this monster. It's kind of bad. When you're in a battle, I don't think you have the time to take your gun, place it in your weaker hand, then start pumping with your strong hand. Anyway, moving on.

There's three streams on the Krypton, one which I refer as "handgun", which squirts a puny little squirt, one I refer as "rifle", which blasts a little larger stream, and the larger one is the "napalm", which blasts huge amounts of water. The problem with all of them is that they don't last enough, or don't soak enough. I mean, sure, the napalm nozzle blasts away, but how much time can it lasts? You can get three 0.2 seconds blasts with a fully charged chamber. That's not alot. The little one doesn't soak enough, and the medium one is really only a slight improvement.

The Krypton is kind of confortable to hold. You kind of hold it like a modern assault rifle, one hand on the trigger, and one hand on the black thing just near the pump. The result is an easy to aim and hold blaster. For added accuracy, you can use the yellow thing for the strap on top as an iron sight. One complaint is that it's longer than most other blasters on the market. Another is the yellow plastic bar under the handles, it feels limiting. The pump is long enough(maybe even too long :P).

Now let's talk about the major downfall, the leaks. I don't know about the others, but my Krypton loses water no matter how I hold it. When I hold it at a 45 degrees angle, it leaks from the cap. Tilt it to the right, from the cap again. To the left, from the "pressure remove" button. Tilt it foward, from the cannon. No kidding, my shirt was soaked and I didn't even get shot at. If the guns are all like that, then it's kind of sloppy from Buzz Bee Toys.

Overall, the Krypton is an average gun. It doesn't have the mix of power/time combo of blasters like the Flash Flood, which is a shame.

Edited By Zealot on 1116651974
Link to primary Water Warriors AquaMaster Precharger Krypton discussion thread

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat May 21, 2005 8:00 am

Welcome to the boards and thanks for the review! With your permission, I plan on posting it up alongside the Krypton Review on iSoaker.com.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Zealot

Post by Zealot » Sat May 21, 2005 11:30 am

You have my permission! :D

:soakon2: