STE Aquapack Devastator - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

STE Aquapack Devastator - ^

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:22 pm

As far as I can tell, there's no thread for this soaker yet.

While I've yet to fill it, I have to say that though the Aquapack Devastator's (APD) backpack reservoir isn't the biggest backpack out there, it is by FAR the best designed and most comfortable one. It is easily filled from a hose without needing to remove it using the over-the-shoulder intake. It also has a handy,easy-to-view water level indicator. I'll see how well that works once its filled later. I was also surprised and pleased to see a built-in clip on the blaster portion. The blaster can be clipped, happily and securely hung on one's belt or on the backpack straps. Since the APD isn't too huge or heavy, this means it can easily be used as a heavier back-up or used in combination with another soaker.

Of course, its nozzle is on the smaller side for a CPS-class blaster, but as I haven't tested it, I'll not pre-judge its overall power. Need to test it.

More to come later...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:46 pm

Sounds almost like it would make a good side arm, you know like the CPS 3200 dual Power Pack combo. Something like that.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

hunter

Post by hunter » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:01 pm

I've got a devastator, and it's a great backup weapon, or it can be used as a main weapon for light troops, :bm1000:
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:27 am

I can see it being comfortable, but easy to fill? When I try to fill my FF directly through the cap, I get sprayed. Don't you get drenched with the QFD right on your shoulder?

I like the feel of the blaster. Twould've made for a great QFD only gun, but the blaster itself isn't deserving of a backpack. I've got Storm pistols with bigger nozzles. It'll have some range, maybe a little kick, but it's not gonna drench a guy. That's my personal opinion, it may be wrong as all of these are impressions I've gotten from examining the gun in the store.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:33 pm

Well, tried out filling last night using a measuing up as opposed to a QFD (still freezing cold outside to use a hose). A hose might have been better, but as Adrian alluded to above, getting wet filling while the pack is attached isn't very hard. One other thing I noticed is while the fill indicator works alright (not perfectly), it often gets obscured by the backpack strap so you can't see the little floaty ball in it indicating water level. On top of that, as it's a soft pack, once it's more filled and if the backpack is snugly fit, inhaling deeping can lead to some compression, thus pushing water out back through the opening. Oh well... the thought is good, but still needs a little work.

The blaster itself perform decently, though the smaller-size nozzle lies somewhere between the SC600 and the CPS2100... reminds me a little of the SC Power Pak on 3x setting. Approximated shot time is between 5-6 seconds on a fill (me counting as opposed to timing as I do for reviews). Stream, though, is good and solid, likely getting decent range if I could test it.

Overall, it's no heavy hitter, but a soilid performer IMO. Water-wise, it carries more than the rest of the STE line, but powerwise, the Flash Flood rules. Hopefully, though, the STE marks the re-start of a fresh line of CPS-class blasters with hopefully larger ones returning in the future.

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:45 pm

I think I want one. :)
"...Yes."

hunter

Post by hunter » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:18 pm

I always take off the pack to fill it, and it will out-perform the FF.

And as for the water leaking out if you take a breath, look clasesly at the fill cap, the is a small tube that goes on top of the big tube, that is a sort of overfill valve, i opened it up and screwed in a screw i got from somewhere, now it dosen't leak, but don't overfill!!!
the circle is the place I screwed it in

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:53 am

^Interesting... I'll look into that. Thanks! Mind if I repost those pics and recommendation on iSoaker.com-proper?

hunter

Post by hunter » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:33 pm

Nope. Anything I post here is at your disposal

Note that you unscrew the 4 other screws first so you can move the piece at an angle so the mod is even possible.

Edited By hunter on 1110648937

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:35 pm

@ hunter: Thanks!

In other thoughts, I hope to be able to push up some pics and stats on the Aquapack Devastator tonight. We'll see how it goes as I still need to do some volume measurements. No range testing until the snow is gone :goofy: .

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:19 pm

hunter wrote:I've got a devastator, and it's a great backup weapon, or it can be used as a main weapon for light troops, :bm1000:
None of my weapons are heavier than The Devastator, so I'm a light troop, and I just found another main weapon. :)
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
1 XPsed 270 (balloons blew out, and fixed it w. a rubber band)
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

Edited by vaporizer on April 01 2005, 13:10

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:24 pm

Aquapack Devastator Review

Review posted... to be announced on the News page in a day or two after bug/typo checking, etc.

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:55 pm

How does a 3 oz. per second shot have a shot time of 5 seconds when the firing chamber is 11 oz? That's a pretty big gap. Other than that little puzzle... nice review! I'll try to pick it up once the price drops down or until I have a surplus of money, after getting a Flash Flood.
I can kill you with my brain.

If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:35 am

How does a 3 oz. per second shot have a shot time of 5 seconds when the firing chamber is 11 oz?

Good question, but still answerable. The output given is max output (measured at the first burst when the CPS chamber is stretched maximally). While CPS is supposedly constant, in actuality, there is some drop off, though not as badly as with air pressure chambers. Average output is lower than the max. output reported. As well, shot time was slightly over 4.5s (which makes the numbers agree a little more), but got rounded up to 5s since I'm not sure anyone will feel the 0.5s difference during a battle... or will they? :oo:

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:05 am

I liked the review alot. It's really informative, especially with all the pictures. I'd like to hear reports of it's battle-worthiness and range when it gets warmer.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:51 pm

Thanks for the kudos on the reivew. There are actually a couple more pics I plan to include, but haven't taken them yet since I'm still debating how to. :goofy: As I noted in another thread, I'm spending a little more time for each review to pass along as much info on a blaster as possible. Takes longer to create the review, but the end result seems to be worth the effort.

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:18 pm

Thanks for the kudos on the reivew. There are actually a couple more pics I plan to include, but haven't taken them yet since I'm still debating how to. As I noted in another thread, I'm spending a little more time for each review to pass along as much info on a blaster as possible. Takes longer to create the review, but the end result seems to be worth the effort.

Nice. That's a good review.I like the new layout of the review pages too.

:soakon:
ImageImage

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:08 pm

I enjoyed the review too, regardless on what I think about the blaster. The Devastator is definatly promising and a major improvement, but there are a few flaws in the design. There is only 1 nozzle choice, plus there is lag when pumping, since the PC is inside the backpack, that could have been solved by adding a PC to the front of the gun, generally speaking. Can't tell from pics, but I am sure the hose gives good slack, and the pack is comfortable. It is CPS, but the power is very limited. Cool Grips and a stylish design. Looks cool, but it isn't practical to face the old weaponry. All in all an ok scout backpack, to aid in longer scouting sessions without refilling. Not something I would buy, but hey it may be worth a shot next fall when prices drop.

Edited By Iceman on 1111090183
_

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:20 pm

^ Thanks, Iceman! You also reminded me that I forgot to include the dimensions of the hose/tubing connection. Will fix that... :goofy:

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:18 pm

The printable version page still doesn't print correctly, it keeps cutting off all the edges.

:soakon:
ImageImage