Sweet pics of the 05 line

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:20 pm

Modding soakers isn't about taking a bad gun and making it good, it's about taking a good gun and making it great.

RAK

Post by RAK » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:11 pm

i was more referring to doom's second sentence, in which he referenced the backpack size. to clarify, i'm saying that the soakers should be made in such a way that the size is already suitable. whatever one's interpretation of modding may be, it's clear that if mod is necessary to make a soaker worth using, that soaker is too far under to bring back up. some have been complaining about the small size of the backpack. if it's too small, maybe the solution would be to campaign for a larger backpack instead of leaving the problem and making a duct-tape solution. it's like putting a band-aid on a stab wound, it's a temporary solution that doesnt completely solve the problem.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:03 am

Well RAK, I'd love to see how successful you are in your campaign for a larger backpack. Go on ahead, call up Hasbro and start your national campaign! I'll just go down to Home Depot, buy some ABS pipe, fittings, cement and a few tubing clamps and call it a day. Oh wait, I can't do that. That's the band-aid on a stab wound covered in duct tape fix. :goofy:

I mostly was saying that those mods CAN be done -- I was not recommending either one. Would I buy an AquaPack if that much work was required to make it fit my high standard? No, I wouldn't because it probably would be easier to make another homemade. So stop arguing with me just to argue with me RAK.

In response to Hyperion's statement, I'm surprised that you could even get 9" balloons on. I actually tried a 9" when I first K-modded only to give up to the easier 12". Remember to follow all modification instructions very carefully -- I am sorry to say this, but that was only your fault for not explicitly following the instructions.

Cooldood has it completely correct too. That's what I meant when I said "Let's not stick monster-truck tires on a tricycle." Tricycles of course not being the ideal canidate for monster-truck tires!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:24 am

No point arguing either with those who enjoy to mod/build soakers and those who want companies to raise the bar on what the average stock soaker can do. For some, even the best commercially available soaker will never cut what they want from a blaster and that's fine. However, if more feel that the average isn't enough, I'd still recommend sending feedback to the company so that they may get feedback on what people want. Companies are slow, but eventually can get the ball rolling in the right direction with enough push.

The return of CPS-based blasters and Big Bee's interaction here are two signs that manufacturers are listening. Their slow response isn't necessarily a reflection that they are not listening, rather that many other variables actually have prevented things being done the way many of us would like them done. That doesn't mean we should be complacent if we don't like the way blasters are. That means we should push, but also be understanding at the same time. Smaller companies such as Buzz Bee Toys and even multi-million dollar companies such as Hasbro still have to please a lot more people than just our soaker-phile crowd before a product can go from the design stage to the mass production stage. If I had permission, I would love to show you things I'm sure you guys would have really liked, but sadly never ended up going into full-force production due to other issues. It's sad, really, but such is the problem when making things on a larger scale. This is where making/modding your own soaker works since you only need to worry about yourself and those you have water wars with as opposed to worrying about countless users in multiple countries.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:18 pm

Two words: GET PERMISSION!!!!

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:18 pm

Doom wrote:In response to Hyperion's statement, I'm surprised that you could even get 9" balloons on. I actually tried a 9" when I first K-modded only to give up to the easier 12". Remember to follow all modification instructions very carefully -- I am sorry to say this, but that was only your fault for not explicitly following the instructions.

When I read the instructions, there was nothing stated about balloon size. I don't know if you've changed it since then, but I didn't know of any specifics and got 9" ones out of convenience; they were the only ones at the local Walgreens.

EDIT: Sorry. I guess I missed that.

Edited By Hyperion330 on 1106625238
I can kill you with my brain.

If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:48 pm

http://web.archive.org/web....ttp

Very old version of the K-modding article on Feb. 11, 2004. That's likely before you visted SSCentral. Quoted below:

12 inch balloons are what I used.

As far as I am aware, that is a statement about balloon size. Of course, I didn't say that you had to use 12" balloons, just that I used them. I did expect everyone to use 12" balloons however, and in our newer version of that same article I cleared that up. I still am surprised that you were able to get 9" balloons on in the first place! They were far too small! You must be extremely strong... :oo:

RAK

Post by RAK » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:26 pm

sorry, doom, i wasnt aware there was an argument. you're trying to make it one. i never even spoke to you in this entire discussion :oo: . i'm making a general statement about my opinion on the effectiveness of modding compared to the stock soaker effectiveness, nothing specifically targeted at you, just merely what you said to springboard off of to get into my opinion on the things just mentioned. chill out. :blues:

ChrisReid

Post by ChrisReid » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:57 pm

ANNIHILATOR 2 wrote:Why do some users not like backpacks? Its non-practical when refilling

The new backpack has a special nozzle attached to it that makes refilling super easy. You don't have to take it off and fuss around. This really is one of the most advanced soaker backpacks ever.

Edited By ChrisReid on 1106711849

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:02 am

ChrisReid wrote:
ANNIHILATOR 2 wrote:Why do some users not like backpacks? Its non-practical when refilling

The new backpack has a special nozzle attached to it that makes refilling super easy. You don't have to take it off and fuss around. This really is one of the most advanced soaker backpacks ever.
But wouldn't one still have to take the backpack of when refilling?(Not counting a second person who would do that for you).
Classical Spirit: Constantly improve power, pressure and style over previous state of the art water gun models. The ideal of "power progress", a nowdays non existent concept in retail water guns since 1997.

USSA

Post by USSA » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:43 am

No actually it has the input nozzle located on your shoulder. All you have to do is unscrew it and plug in the hose. (They do have a quick fill cap, newer style which looks promising but my hose is frozen. Anyway the sink still sprays me because it doesn't have a stem. But for now I'm still stuck unscrewing it) Not to mention it finally has comfortable staps (I'm wearing it while I type this, don't think I'd do that with a 3200)