Hands on the 2005 Super Soakers - ..too bad they're not my hands...

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:44 pm

The following if a direct quote from an email I received.
I wasn't even aware that new super soakers were out yet by Hasbro. I went to Target yesterday and couldn't believe it. Anyway I was wondering do you have any of the new soakers and when will they be posted on the website? I purchased the new super soaker triple shot and the new super soaker flash flood. Both seem to work really well. The triple shot holds 17oz of water and you can rotate the the front nozzle to choose a regular beam, (which is probably 2x), or a 5x beam which is surprising for a soaker this size (its rather small), or a fan blast like that of the secret strike. The Flash flood is based upon CPS technology and produces a stream much like the Splashzooka but holds 40oz of water. On top is a lever which can be pull back to unleash the flash flood which is basically a riot blast that only last a second and only goes about 10ft. But both soakers have good range on regular setting. I plan to purchase the other new soaker called the "Arctic Freeze" or something like that which allows you to shoot cold water by freezing a special core then placing in the soaker or adding ice cubes.

Well, there ya go thusfar. I asked the emailer for more info and pics if he could take some. Anyone find any soakers in their area? I know I haven't seen any yet.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:56 pm

Interesting. My first thought is that it's a Hasbro employee being kind of sneaky, but probably not. I tend to think things are fake till I get proof though.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:59 pm

If I could get my hands on 'em, I'd love to fill in the missing info on the stats, pics, etc. *sigh* Just not yet...

Black Six

Post by Black Six » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:06 pm

CPS?! Amazing. Then again, we were told we'd see it back in the future. Sounds like a good start, although I'm unsure about what purpose the 'Arctic Freeze' with a 'special core' to shoot cold water would serve...
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long."
-Anonymous
-=+Maximum Soakage+=-

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:06 pm

Hey, I've got a $15 Target giftcard and I go every weekend. If I find the 2005 line, I'll pick up whatever looks most interesting. Post some stats here and at Water-Talk.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:12 pm

^ that'd be sweet if you could!

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:23 pm

A bit small for a 5x? as in smaller than a 1000? this is going to be interesting. I'm already setting aside money for this summer. Aqua pak, argon, triple strike, another md2000, flashflood, pirahna. This is going to be an expensive summer, and I can't wait!

Could you possibly ask questions about pricing? and how much is 17oz in metric?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:42 am

Nice! Mind if I quote part of this on my 2005 preview? This is good news!

I checked Target.com and apparently, these items haven't made it to their website yet. Strange, but I am extremely glad that CPS has made a return, whether it is in the CPS line of Super Soakers or plain-old CPS-type Super Soakers!

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:16 pm

I just want everyone to know that the time between my article being written (which predicted an outcome like this) and the time Isoaker got that e-mail is PURELY COINCIDENTAL. I did not send it to him. However if this is true, Hi CPS! Welcome back! :cool:
_

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:39 pm

Mind if I quote part of this on my 2005 preview?

No problem with quoting so long as the source (an email to iSoaker.com, that is) is acknowledged.

I'm definitely now really looking forward to testing out both the 2005 Super Soakers and 2005 Water Warriors. Looks like an interesting year in store for the soaker-phile!

Timmitop

Post by Timmitop » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:14 pm

I saw the freeze core one at K-mart for $20. It has a reservoir on the top and below the handle is a tube in which you place either ice or a frozen cylinder object. It's nozzle looks 2x-ish.
I'll bet my first soaker was worse than yours.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:26 pm

Doesn't sound too promising. About how big was it?

ChrisReid

Post by ChrisReid » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:14 pm

The Arctic Freeze seems more or less comparable to the Hydroblade in size and ability. Meanwhile, the Triple Shot seems pretty large and powerful for a $9.99 pistol.