Blast from the Past- SS100 Review

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
ANNIHILATOR 2

Blast from the Past- SS100 Review

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:50 pm

My old review website ICE BLUE COMBAT(visualy apealing website I might add) has been long forgotten by now and is unknown to new members. So its a review series I call now Blast from the Past:

SS 100 Classic

The CLASSIC 100 is a small-medium sized soaker, released 1992. Its specialty is being the first Super Soaker with a seperate pressure chamber. It was the big cannon of its time and its nice colour sceem and shape make it the representative of the CLASSIC SOAKER Line. The CLASSIC 100 is a very valuable piece of sokaer History and an absolut must have for Collectors.

Strengths =
- A very nice classic colour sceem and design
- Long shot time
- Ability to pump and shoot at the same time for a continuing shot

Weaknesses =
- Fragile construction
- Fragile pump can break when pumping to wildly
- No strap, making caring a second soaker difficult

Pumps = 16 Intimidation = 5

Shot Time = 1X : 10 seconds Overall Power = 5

Mobility = 8 Soakage = 10

Construction = 4

Tank = 1.5L

ICE BLUE COMBAT Super Soaker Review Site
Classical Spirit: Constantly improve power, pressure and style over previous state of the art water gun models. The ideal of "power progress", a nowdays non existent concept in retail water guns since 1997.

Hyper

Re: Super Soaker SS100

Post by Hyper » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:26 am

Not a recommended product. It is quite fragile. Pumping puts stress on the white main barrel. After a few months of usage it may just crack off.
Too bad, because the SS100 has one of the best looks for the first generation line of soakers.
Soakinating the countryside...

isoaker

Re: Blast from the Past- SS100 Review

Post by isoaker » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Recently acquired a Super Soaker 100. Unfortunately, the model I have appears to have had its nozzle broken and repaired, but not quite correctly. As such, won't be doing any performance testing until I manage to repair the nozzle a bit better. That said, I do plan on measuring other stats on it soon. For now, post a bunch of pictures of this Super Soaker 100.

As can be seen in some pics, the nozzle appears to have been sealed with some glue/epoxy-type substance, then drilled to make a hole. The hole made is far from smooth and distorts the streams produced. To fix, my current thought is to remove all the gluey substance, seal the opening with some plastic or PVC, then drill a new opening. However, need to buy/get access to a drill first so I won't be doing the repair for awhile. Then again, this gives me some time to see if I can think of other better solutions to repairing the nozzle in the meantime.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: