The most startling discovery Made this season - This will crush your stereotypes

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:08 am

I think it would depend on the users, Nick, almost nothing comes down to the raw stats, And if both users had the same amount of skill, it would probably end up a a draw.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:10 pm

^ What he said. ^

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:17 pm

I would prefer range, especially if the enemies' guns can match your output. Range is also more important in 1HK, I couldn't care less about output in those situations.

You know, every gun is different. My 2500 shoots farthest on the riot blast (no selector), not the 10x. Oh, and did anybody with a 2500 notice how the blast sort of goes into a fan formation with the 20x? My 2500 didn't do that untill 2 weeks after I got it. Weird.

Edit: The WEIRDEST thing just happened. I was shooting my 2500 w/o the selector (tap shots), and I got FIVE FULL POWERED SHOTS(once again, tap shots)! On the 20x I only get 4, and the last turns into a dribble! So I really got 6 shots (just one was under-powered)!

Err....when you do tap-shots, you really should pump back to full after every shot. Don't tap shot without repumping. Taking tap shots until pressure runs out is like holding down the trigger for the duration of the shot. A waste. True tap shooting invloves never having to pump the gun back to full from nothing. You should never get down to the dribble. Take a shot, pump a few times. In that way you can get up to 50 tap shots [CPS 2500] without ever having pressure fall to zero. Anyway, my 2500 shoots furthest on the 5x. The 20 goes only 30ft, and the "riot blast" [the 20x is more like a true riot blast] goes about 40ft. Shows how soakers really do vary.
[quote]

I was TESTING it! You think I was having a war? Ha!

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:02 pm

I agree with pumping it up after firing a tap-shot but often times there's a difference between pressure lost and restoration due to pumping. This often happens in the heat of battle one is in action and rushes, leading to imcomplete restoration of full pressure.

Edited By Field Marshal Yang on 1096680686
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond