Super Soaker STE Flash Flood Review!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:08 pm

Blaster inspector posted at iSoaker.com.

Won't have time to write up and post the full review until next Friday at the earliest. However, stats posted, though I'd like to redo the output measurements.

More pics to be posted with the full review.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:36 pm

Duxburian wrote:
Too big for a backup.

IMVHO [In my very honest opinion] there is no such thing as too big for a backup. Having a weak backup weapon can be your downfall. I would not feel safe without a gun like a 21K as a backup. The 65ft range could force anyone back if I needed to refill my primary gun. Now compare that to if I was using an XP as a backup. The 30-35 foot range would not be so protective, would it?
65 foot range would push them back. They'll keep charging you and you will have to shoot. It's basic tactics. They just get you to shoot at them and you will run out of water. Not only will you have been unable to refill, now both your guns are empty. Just because you have longer range doesn't mean it'll push them back far enough to refill.

Any backup can fail you. You have to decide what you would rather have in a backup. Light menuverable backup or a heavy far shooting backup. Dont tell me your fit and stuff because no matter how strong you are, your ability to menuver goes down with more weight. It does add up.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:18 pm

Review of the Flash Flood posted. I still want to re-measure the output of the main nozzle, though. Range measurements for all reviews done in 2005 will need to wait until warmer weather (sure it's spring, but there still be snow on the ground here :goofy: ).

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:26 pm

Just a minor gripe, but you called the Flash Flood the "Aquapack Devastator" at the beginning of the review. Nice review!

EDIT: Also, some of the pictures are quite bright and are a bit difficult to recognize.

:crazy:

Edited By Hyperion330 on 1112228966
I can kill you with my brain.

If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:48 pm

Hyperion330 wrote:Just a minor gripe, but you called the Flash Flood the "Aquapack Devastator" at the beginning of the review. Nice review!

EDIT: Also, some of the pictures are quite bright and are a bit difficult to recognize.

DOH! Fixed that.

As for the pics, will see about tweaking them. Thanks for the feedback.

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:43 pm

Nice review! I think that you will be pleased to know that the page prints properly :goofy: also where it is supposed to say trigger grip it is partially covered by the trigger so it came out trigge grip other than that there ate no other errors. I also like the Isoaker logo on the pics :).

:soakon:
ImageImage

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:46 am

Great review. Very detailed. This new review system is great. Nice shot images. :crazy:

:cps2500:

Edited By Wild Boys on 1112262448

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:48 am

The Flash Flood is amazing! The nozzle for the "Flash Flood" feature is around a whopping 30x-40x! It's way bigger than the even the CPS 2000's nozzle! And the primary nozzle goes for about 10 seconds with about a 3-5x stream. Plus the bi-level desin is much smarter than single-level (I think most people aren't getting the size of this soaker. It's about as big as a 1200!). The only bad thing is the pump size. But go but go buy one now (also, all the other STE soakers pretty much suck, except they have seemingly fixed the Max-D 3k's trigger valve, so that's the only other one worth getting.

Edited By Drewsky92 on 1112270135

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:43 am

Drewsky92 wrote:The nozzle for the "Flash Flood" feature is around a whopping 30x-40x!
Umm...simply because the nozzle is bigger than the CPS 2000, it does not make the output have 30x-40x...I'm more inclined to believe iSoaker's stat of 11-12x.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:12 am

Anyone else notice that, on the left side of the blaster, it's squareish right below the Flash Flood nozzle's trigger, while it's round on the left. kinda strange. :O

EDIT:smilie didn't work.

Edited By vaporizer on 1112274835
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
1 XPsed 270 (balloons blew out, and fixed it w. a rubber band)
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

Edited by vaporizer on April 01 2005, 13:10

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:01 am

In terms of my recorded output rating for the 'Flash Flood' nozzle being ~12x versus Drewsky92's statement of 30x-40x, it appears he's basing his numbers more on the actual size of the nozzles.

As for the round vs square shape, it may be due to the need for some internal space to house some of the nozzle mechanisms, but I haven't opened the soaker up yet. Those who have may be able to give more insight into it (whether it's just cosmetic or actually for a reason).

hunter

Post by hunter » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:08 am

I opened mine up...and a round shape wouldn't have been able to house the trigger well. But they just made the square part bigger than it needed to be...
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:09 am

^ Thanks for the info, hunter.

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:21 pm

Yep, Hunter's right. I opened mine up a few hours ago, and the Max-D trigger forced Hasbro to make more room. That thing is HARD to open without knowing where to look for the last screw, and trying to figger out which side of the plastic shell the pump cap is attached to.
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

RawisJericho

Post by RawisJericho » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:36 pm

I hear some people on here saying not to get the Flash Flood because of the Max-D trigger. I just had my mom pick one of these up and if the triggers break easily, then I will take it back. Can anyone share their thoughts on this?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:53 am

Max-D triggers have more moving parts, thus making them have more things that can potentially go wrong with them after many uses. That said, some seem to last longer than others. Really depends on how often and how hard you use your soakers. For the soakers I've used the most, I've only had one major soaker problem and that was a CPS1500 pump giving up on me; never a trigger problem, even when using Max-D trigger based blasters. If you find your soaker's trigger breaks quickly, definitely return it and reconsider your options.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:25 am

Wouldn't it just be easier to just change how the trigger works? I did it on my Max-D Secret Strike, you just take out the middle piece and attach the trigger directly to the valve bit (I used a paper clip). Then spring load it by attaching the spring to anywhere really (As there is nowhere, I just used one of the cases screw points. It's no great hardship).

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:04 am

RawisJericho wrote:I hear some people on here saying not to get the Flash Flood because of the Max-D trigger. I just had my mom pick one of these up and if the triggers break easily, then I will take it back. Can anyone share their thoughts on this?
The STE triggers are a lot stronger and more solid than even the original Max-Ds were. The only real difference is that you have to pull the trigger slightly more to fire.
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

RawisJericho

Post by RawisJericho » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:12 pm

If my trigger happens to break, how hard is it to repair it?

I used my flash flood a few times last night and I really like it. The flash flood mode brought a smile to my face after using it.

Hopefully the trigger will last a long time for me and not break. If it does break, I will take it back and get the aquapack devestator.

perilous

Post by perilous » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:30 pm

ChrisReid-Whatever you do, don't drop the Flash Flood, especeilly in sand. Trust me, I know. I had to fix it three times and the riot blast doesn't work anymore. But it will when I get more rubber bands.
Soakage must live on in honor *x*

Check my Soaker Website! It is complete with Forums, Tech, Reviews, and other stuff

http://www.waterwarfarechronicle.50megs.com