Aquapack Devestator: Holy Crap! - Not perfect, but pretty da

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Soakologist

Aquapack Devestator: Holy Crap! - Not perfect, but pretty da

Post by Soakologist » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:44 pm

Two words to describe the Aquapack Devastator:

Holy crap.

This gun is the best I've used since the 1500. It's seriously that good. I think I even like it better than the Power Pak.

It's power is incredible. It's nozzle looks like a 2-3x, but the PC is so strong that it shoots more like an 8.5x! The pump is strong and smooth, it pumps like nothing I've ever tried before. It's seriously that easy. Not only is it easy, but it only takes about 10 pumps to power up! It's small and portable. It even has a METAL, YES METAL clip on the back to clip on to your jeans or belt or whatever. It's the perfect sidearm! My new combo is a CPS 1500 with the APD clip onto my jeans (if I'm not wearing anything with belt clips, I can just sling it over my shoulder)! This is the best engineered gun I've seen from Super Soaker... ever. The refill cap (one of those quick-fill ones, easy to fill) lies on your left shoulder, so you don't have to take the backpack off! Genius! Why couldn't Hasbro be this smart about water guns a couple years ago?! The only fault I can find with this gun is with the trigger: It's hard to pull with only one finger and your hand will get sore because it's positioned weird. But even the handle grip is rubber, so it's damn near impossible to drop! The backpack is light and is conforms to your body like a glove, unlike the 3200, 3000, or Power Pak. It's a one-piece gun with no assembly required, so it doesn't even leak a drop!

I'm sold! I'm buying a dozen of these little wonders! You should buy some too!!!

Aquapak Devastator: 10/10!!!

Edited By Soakologist on 1112752416

Link to primary Super Soaker SoakerTag Elite Aquapack Devastator thread

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:56 pm

Although I think you have slightly exxagerated, I agree that this is an awesome gun, the best out since the CPS 2100. There has been all this hype about the FF, when the Devastator is really the better gun by a lot IMO. It really does shoot between 4x and 5x, BTW. (as compared to my 3200 and 4100.)

edit: I do have both the FF and the Aquapack, BTW.

Edited By emperor_james on 1112754750
ownage

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:04 pm

I know what you mean. My Aquapack Devastater is completely awesome in fact this is the best gun I have ever used :cps2000:. If you have a chance to get one do it asap!
AXE BOMB!!!

hunter

Post by hunter » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:29 pm

8.5X!? my 21oo's stream is three times as big and thats ~7x!
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

DX

Post by DX » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:14 am

^Hunter does BTW have both a 2100 and an Aquapack for comparison. The Aquapack might have a great stream, but it doesn't go anywhere. :p 30, 35 something feet isn't something to be proud of in the range department. Every gun in my arsenal outranges the Aquapack by 10ft or more. The 21Ks can shoot double the range of the Aquapack. As for the stream, it only has one nozzle and nobody has given feedback on how easy it is to multi-nozzle mod. I don't think anyone's tried that mod on a 2005 gun yet. IMO the Aquapack might be a good gun, but nothing special.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:00 am

Soakologist wrote:Two words to describe the Aquapack Devastator:

Holy crap.

This gun is the best I've used since the 1500. It's seriously that good.
Told ya so! My gun shoots 3 oz/sec which is definitely not 8.5x. Isoaker's testings are the same if I remember right. Maybe you have some weird fluke gun (in a positive way). I love the Devastator, it is so efficient. The range isn't that incredible, but it gets the job done.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

hunter

Post by hunter » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:44 am

the aquapak, though, does have the same range as my 2100....

And BTW dux your guns are k-modded!!! If you collosused the dev, then it would shot at least 40 feet if not way more. especially with CVF and nozzle selector...

But overall Im' impressed with it's stock power...

Edited By hunter on 1112795159

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:33 am

My stock aquapack devastater shoots 40 feet. It has the same range as my 18 balloon k-moded cps 2100. And I am going to collosus my aquapack dev.
AXE BOMB!!!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:33 pm

hunter wrote:the aquapak, though, does have the same range as my 2100....

And BTW dux your guns are k-modded!!! If you collosused the dev, then it would shot at least 40 feet if not way more. especially with CVF and nozzle selector...

Hunter, any gun that you are going to collosus or K-mod must hav a CVF done to it or else its not going to fire anywhere.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

DX

Post by DX » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:15 pm

Ok, I'll concede that the stock power is nice. But even if an Aquapack were collosused and shot 50ft, it would still be outranged by my 21Ks by 15ft! But oh well, you can't really compare stock guns to modded guns, the best stock gun [the 2000] can be outranged and outsoaked by a modded gun. So this isn't going anywhere useful. Nibor has a good point; power mods require a CVF in order to work. I consider CVF just as another step to the k-mod, as most people don't CVF a gun if they aren't going to also k-mod it.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:46 pm

NiborDude wrote:
hunter wrote:the aquapak, though, does have the same range as my 2100....

Hunter, any gun that you are going to collosus or K-mod must hav a CVF done to it or else its not going to fire anywhere.
Actually no. A CVF is only needed after 30 balloons for a k-mod. A CVF is only needed after 3 to 4 layers on a Collosus. Guns can be improved quite a bit without a permanent mod like a CVF :cool: .

On Topic: I'll definently be picking up a devastor now!
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:00 pm

Duxburian wrote:

Ok, I'll concede that the stock power is nice. But even if an Aquapack were collosused and shot 50ft, it would still be outranged by my 21Ks by 15ft! But oh well, you can't really compare stock guns to modded guns, the best stock gun [the 2000] can be outranged and outsoaked by a modded gun. So this isn't going anywhere useful. Nibor has a good point; power mods require a CVF in order to work. I consider CVF just as another step to the k-mod, as most people don't CVF a gun if they aren't going to also k-mod it.

Just because your soaker can shoot farther than anyone elses does not mean you are the all mighty ruler of the soaker field. Get over yourself. Range does matter to an extent, but you take it too far (pun not intended). :goofy:

Edited By NiborDude on 1112919829
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:20 pm

"
Just because your soaker can shoot farther than anyone elses, does not mean you are the all mighty ruler of the soaker field. Get over yourself. Range does matter to an extent, but you take it too far (pun not intended). :goofy: "

Indeed. Nailing some poor shmuck from half a field away with some kind of modified cannon, while he's only got a stock soaker is *not* an honorable way to conduct oneself during a water war.

Anyway... looking forward to picking up a Devastator myself, if only so I can run into battle yelling "PREPARE FOR EXTERMINATION!". Cookies to whomever got that reference.
"...Yes."

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:34 pm

I concur with SSP. Only a rat shoots a sitting duck in the back. Another reason why I don't like WBLs. Besides, when you're that far away, you can't aim with any accuracy like you can with an Arctic Warfare Magnum. It's not like you're shooting 50 caliber bullets, you're shooting water! It's not going to be very accurate!

hunter

Post by hunter » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:46 pm

I think that it is fine, 'cause they can use a place with a lot of cover and blast him from closer up from a defended position. and longer range is more effected by wind. Overall I don't care much what kinds of guns the enemy uses, 'cause if worst comes to worst, they (usually) still want to havea fun battle, so they will give you a chance .

EDIT: of course you all have more experiance, so I am not really one to argue with that. But if he can make the mods, he deserves to be able to use them. And if the enemy is getting clobbered with their stock guns, they should mod them!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited By hunter on 1112932078

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:03 am

hunter wrote:I think that it is fine, 'cause they can use a place with a lot of cover and blast him from closer up from a defended position. and longer range is more effected by wind. Overall I don't care much what kinds of guns the enemy uses, 'cause if worst comes to worst, they (usually) still want to havea fun battle, so they will give you a chance .

EDIT: of course you all have more experiance, so I am not really one to argue with that. But if he can make the mods, he deserves to be able to use them. And if the enemy is getting clobbered with their stock guns, they should mod them!!!!!!!!!!!
I concur more with hunter's view this time; I consider that you have a right to use a 21k with extreme range if you so wish. You cannot deny someone those kind of benefits from their talents and hard work.

Simple: you work hard, you see the benefits. You don't work hard, you shouldn't moan about others being more prepared.

In any case, the WaterBridge - CFM battles have shown so far that tech isn't everything. WaterBridge have won at least once with superior strategy and tactics.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:24 am

I don't see an ethical dilema by using better equipment to win a battle with home mades and mods.

Now having said that, I know I have retired from water battles for awhile now and am no longer up to date. But have people now started to stop moving around in a water fight and simply stand on one spot to get hit by streams? That would be the only way that long range would really matter.
Classical Spirit: Constantly improve power, pressure and style over previous state of the art water gun models. The ideal of "power progress", a nowdays non existent concept in retail water guns since 1997.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:31 am

ANNIHILATOR 2 wrote:Now having said that, I know I have retired from water battles for awhile now and am no longer up to date. But have people now started to stop moving around in a water fight and simply stand on one spot to get hit by streams? That would be the only way that long range would really matter.
Yes, as has always been the case, people do not move about all the time in water fights, sometimes they remain still in an effort to conceal themselves.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

DX

Post by DX » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:23 am

Using high range guns hasn't proved too unfair at all. In the WB-RM war last year, we split the series 1-1. Ironically we won on their home field, and we lost on ours. And Waterbridge can negate the range advantage a bit in dense forest areas [they have plenty to hide in]. Also, the serious battles are always 1HK, making output less important and range more important. And intimidation is pretty much non-existant, at least with the water guns. Although we have the douchenators now...:p

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:45 am

So is it better to buy a FF and a triple shot or a devestator? (same price)