Aquapack Devestator: Holy Crap! - Not perfect, but pretty da

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
hunter

Post by hunter » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:35 am

I would go with the FF and the triplr shot, because of the valvue: dev. is one soaker with one nozzle size, triple shot and FF are 2 each with more than one selection. the dev. holds more ammo, though
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:50 pm

I would say that it is definately better to get the devastator, because it has much more power than the FF, has a much larger reservoir, and doesn't really sacrifice anything for it except money. Mobility and stealth are not compromised because of the small blaster and nice backpack. I can't say anything about the triple shot since I dont have it, but I seriously dbout that it is at all as useful.
ownage

RawisJericho

Post by RawisJericho » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:22 pm

Commander_Gaunt wrote:So is it better to buy a FF and a triple shot or a devestator? (same price)
I would like to know as well.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:03 am

^ 1 soaker vs 2 soakers... I'd opt for the 2. The APD is a good soaker, but I'd still think the FF+TS is a better value at the same price. That's 5 nozzles to 1! :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:50 pm

[quote="isoaker_com"][/quote]
I guess 5 nozzles to one is one way of looking at it, but on the other hand, its 100 ozs (APD) to 56 ozs (FF+Triple Shot). :p I really think you would do better with the APD, but by now you're probably set on the other two anyway.
ownage

hunter

Post by hunter » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:57 pm

actually 57ozs. :p but yeah, it all depends on what you prefer: huge ammo or huge output

:ss50: :cps3000:
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:18 pm

For all those Halo 2 buffs out there, you could do a real-life reenactment with the great SMG/Magnum combo with the Flash Flood in your right hand and the Triple Shot in your left. But that's just being crazy.

:crazy:

So, the Flash Flood and the Triple Shot are great, especially for their size, but they are also way overpriced for their size, being a light and super-heavy pistol (I realize that the Flash Flood is big enough to be considered a rifle-thingy, but it's a pistol to me, due to its dualwieldability, which is a word as of now). Them together could easily dish out about 17 oz. in a second, but for just a second. The Devastator has the better capacity, but its output is weak. In a battle, the Flash Flood/Triple Shot combo would totally waste a Devastator, but probably not against groups... It, as it always does, comes down to your tastes. We can't make you choose one or the other.
I can kill you with my brain.

If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:51 pm

Hyperion330 wrote:Them together could easily dish out about 17 oz. in a second, but for just a second. The Devastator has the better capacity, but its output is weak. In a battle, the Flash Flood/Triple Shot combo would totally waste a Devastator, but probably not against groups... It, as it always does, comes down to your tastes. We can't make you choose one or the other.
I wouldn't be too sure about the FF and Triple shot wasting a dev. And its output isn't weak, its much better than the FF's regular nozzle, and much more practical than the Flash Flood nozzle. I'd also say that the dev alone is much more manageable than holding two soakers. Easier to aim and run with, due to the nice backpack. Its quite hard to hit a reasonably intelligent person with the Flash Flood nozzle, and would be very difficult when combined with the awkwardness of pulling the top thing down while shooting with the other gun. But, of course, it is your decision, just trying to provide a constructive argument to help you decide.
:soakon2:
ownage

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:04 am

emperor_james makes some good points. However, there's also the point of using a backpack-based blaster versus single-piece soakers. True dual-wielding of soakers doesn't really work too well unless you're using two non-pumpable or extremely long shot time soakers. In practice, it is too hard to shoot and pump two soakers even if they have straps which the Flash Flood and Triple Shot don't. However, my thought is that the Triple Shot would be kept (in a backpack or homemade holster or something) as a back-up for when the Flash Flood runs low on juice. As for hitting someone with the Flash Flood nozzle, well, that nozzle should only be used when much closer. At the proper effective range of the Flash Flood nozzle, I'd be surprised if someone were able to dodge the blast unless it was poorly aimed.

Of course, this doesn't discount the Aquapack Devastator for being a good soaker as well. It definitely has more capacity and greater stream-nozzle output capacity than the Flash Flood's or Triple Shot's stream. My main complaints with the APD is that it only has 1 stream to choose from as well as the slight lag I found when pumping mine.

While I haven't gotten a chance to test things, I'd figure range on all three soakers would be similar. Thus, the benefit of one or the other really depends on one's soaking-style. I prefer quick hit'n'run or covert attacks at closer-ranges making the Flash Flood definitely my fav. Super Soaker of 2005. However, the Flash Flood definitely has a shorter average soaker-field lifetime than the Aquapack Devastator so in longer battles, the APD may be the option of choice.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:55 am

isoaker_com wrote:emperor_james makes some good points. True dual-wielding of soakers doesn't really work too well unless you're using two non-pumpable or extremely long shot time soakers.
Isoaker brings up a good point. It is difficult to dual wield Supersoakers. I do this sometimes, but only on hit and run missions when pumping isn't usually required. Here's another thing you must consider: battle style. What kind of battle are you having? Are you having a soakfest or are you playing 1 hit kills? I haven't tried the tripple shot, although someone brought one to a hardcore show (concert) that I went to last month and they were just shooting random people in the crowd :laugh:. The Devastator has 3-5 more feet (around 1m) more range than the Flash Flood. That's not too much, but it might make a difference. I would still go with a CPS 4100 or 2100 or something that has a greater output and shoots even further than the Devastator, but I guess that's not really an option anymore.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:17 pm

As marauder said, you should definately get a 2100 or 4100 if you see one, I even saw a tag fot Splashzooka at Academy Sports, so you could look out for that too. And then, a APD would make a great backup to one of those. When I get some money, maybe I'll get a triple shot, it sounds pretty good, even if its not CPS.

I guess you could keep a triple shot in reserve in a holster, though it probably wouldn't last you too long as a backup. The primary argument here seems to be capacity versus multiple nozzles. It really is unfortunate that Hasbro didn't put multiple nozzles on the APD. The 2005 line has many useful features, but they are spread among the different soakers, which I guess would make a balanced game with only 2005 and maybe 2004 soakers, but overall makes them less useful than they could be. It would be nice to see a soaker with a an APD backpack, an seperate "Flash Flood" nozzle, and a regular nozzle with multiple settings. And if you want, for completeness, an ice core in the backpack :p . That would present quite a good soaker, easily able to stand up to the old CPS guns even with the somewhat limited power.
ownage

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:11 pm

Well, I'm not saying the Devastator is bad, just that, like the Blazer (look in the first gun to get topic), I don't believe a soaker as large as the Devastator can justify a 3x output, when soakers just as large or smaller can offer nearly twice that much. Plus, the Devastator's range and output are worse than the Blazer's, making me kinda go towards the Flash Flood and Triple Shot.
I can kill you with my brain.

If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:58 pm

Hyperion330 wrote:For all those Halo 2 buffs out there, you could do a real-life reenactment with the great SMG/Magnum combo with the Flash Flood in your right hand and the Triple Shot in your left. But that's just being crazy.
Strangely, That's what I do most often. :p I just glued my two fingers together.
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
1 XPsed 270 (balloons blew out, and fixed it w. a rubber band)
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

Edited by vaporizer on April 01 2005, 13:10

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:44 pm

Hyperion330 wrote:For all those Halo 2 buffs out there, you could do a real-life reenactment with the great SMG/Magnum combo with the Flash Flood in your right hand and the Triple Shot in your left. But that's just being crazy.

:crazy:
Not too crazy! I love using my Triple Shot like a Desert Eagle (.50 caliber compared to the "wimpy" .357 of a Magnum) and my CPS 1500 like an MP5 (rather standard submachine gun). Plus, the triple shot gives an immense amount of kick on its wide-nozzle setting, making it ever so realistic! I love it!