Buzz Bee Toys Updates - 2006

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:59 pm

Looks like there are a lot more recolours this year than I thought.

Buzz Bee Toys

Water Warriors section

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:08 pm

Heh. I was on the site at alost the exact same time you were and was just about to post a topic like this. :p Gonna look some more; the site looks good.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:17 pm

Well, I saw it first! :goofy:

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:42 pm

Wow, it looks really good. Now I just have to order that Blazer. I'm dying to, but my mom is making me wait. :p

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:55 pm

Not wanting to bash Supersoaker.com, but I really do prefer the cooler blues used on BuzzBeeToys.com as opposed to the aggressive red used at SuperSoaker.com. SuperSoaker.com has some cute Flash games, though. Both sites, however, suffer from the fact that they are 'manufacturer' sites, thus information on the products tends to be somewhat limited and, of course, intended to promote people to buy.

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:55 pm

Now I just have to order that Blazer.

I just got one and that thing has a great shot time. Its awesome!
AXE BOMB!!!

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:16 am

Cool. I just bought one about an hour ago, and am going to rush home after school every day until it arrives. I can't wait to take one apart!

Yeah, I dislike the supersoaker.com color scheme too. Soakers and red just don't go together very well.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:00 am

It looks very good, way better than Super Soakers red and unbalanced colour scheme.

Loads of recolours, and the Chamelion looks a little bit like an XP 55.

The Scorpion looks good, although I thought it would hold more than 50oz, oh well. I still want one.

It seems that Big Bee has also changed how the the Aqua Master Pre-Charge guns pump now like he said, as the Krypton now takes 5 pumps, Xenon takes 4 pumps and the Argon still with 3 pumps it seems.

I am eager for my Blazer and Piranha to come now, I wonder if the Piranha is the 2005 version or the the 2006 version I'm still wondering, as you never know with these things.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:28 am

I am somewhat disapointed this year with only 3 new models on the WW site. I assume this year is somewhat of a gimmick/experimental year with the Splat Blaster and the Scorpion like in the old Super Soaker days, where one year was try outs for gimmcks/other stuff while the following year was the introduction of actual new heavy hitters. But then again, thats just an assumption.

That Camelion seems to be Buzz Bee's answer/rival to Six Flag's Load N' Shoot H2O Blaster.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:39 am

In terms of Six Flags, I find too many of the Six Flags lines look extremely similar if not virtually identical to Buzz Bee Toys designs. I often wonder if there's a common designer/distributor involved in it. The Kwik Grip and 5th Dimension of Buzz Bee Toys have similar counterparts under the name Six Flags.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:16 am

Well, we can hope that there are some major improvements for 2007. ZOCCOZ, the Splat Blaster and Scorpion are kinda "gimmicky". But we can hope that they will be way bigger and better for next year.

I very much like my new Blazer (and hope to post a review later). But Buzz Bee needs some bigger (and more powerful) guns than the Blazer. Something CPS 2500-powered and sized. The Hydra Pak is pretty good in everything but range, and that is why I will not buy it. It should have as good range as the Blazer.

I wonder if the Piranha is the 2005 version or the the 2006 version

Uh...er...if you ordered from Amazon, I'm afraid you'll be getting the 2004 version. I'm sorry.

Soakers and red just don't go together very well.

Yeah, it reminds me of...um... blood. :p

Edited By Hannibal on 1144333108

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"

"snap!"

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:43 am

Uh...er...if you ordered from Amazon, I'm afraid you'll be getting the 2004 version. I'm sorry.

Why do you always have to rub things in on certain things I post, its really annoying. The reviews people have submitted on the Piranha on Amazon are describing the 2005 version, since it has a fan nozzle which the 2004 version doesn't. I seriously hope your annoying bubble bursting prediction is wrong. :angry:

It would be really nice for bigger and better blasters in the future other than the Blazer for Buzz Bee Toys, I'm certainly not buying any more of Hasbro's guns unless there is a big change all of a sudden. *cough make Larami do them again*

The Scorpion to me looks promising. I'm really looking forward to getting my Blazer at present, along with a load of other guns that should hopefully be coming to my door soon.

Edited By Wild Boys on 1144334918

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:30 am

*cough make Larami do them again*

This is something I feel some of you may not know. Buzz Bee Toys *IS* made up of a lot of the engineers and others from Larami Ltd. that were 'let go' during the completion of acquisition by Hasbro Inc. of the Super Soaker brand. 'Big Bee' was one of the big dudes at Larami Ltd. while it existed.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:02 am

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, which in some ways means that Buzz Bee Toys is part Larami too. Well, at least those guys care unlike the guys at Hasbro.

Larami is still part of Hasbro I think, I saw it on the back of my Aquapack Devastator box that it said 2005 Larami or something, so I assume its on most of the soakers Hasbro have done.

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:01 pm

check it out now! ooooo the scorpion looks pretty schweet.

Buzzbeetoys.com

~SO

PS Sorry, I got excited
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:09 pm

Yeah, I liked the looks of the Scorpion. Oh and by the way, I think there is already a topic about this in the Soaker Network section.

"snap!"

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:12 pm

Ah, darn! I thought I'd be first. Sorry I did not notice that. This may be deleted and I will refer to said topic.
Thanks.

~SO
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:19 pm

Why do you always have to rub things in on certain things I post, its really annoying. The reviews people have submitted on the Piranha on Amazon are describing the 2005 version, since it has a fan nozzle which the 2004 version doesn't. I seriously hope your annoying bubble bursting prediction is wrong. :angry:

Whoa, man, I didn't mean to offend you. I wasn't trying to burst your bubble or something. But I ordered three Piranhas from Amazon not too long ago (like four months ago). And the Piranha doesn't have a fan spray. No Piranha ever has, as far as I know. And I just looked on Amazon, and I don't see any such reviews. Or which Amazon are you ordering from? The UK one?

I really like my Blazer. That gun performs really well. But as I said, I'm hoping for a gun even larger than the Blazer. But only time (or Big Bee :cool:) will tell what direction Buzz Bee Toys is going.

Edited By Hannibal on 1144362143

"snap!"

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:26 pm

Big bee is online right now, he might be able to answer our questions about how 2007 would look compared to 2006 as in new models amount.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1144449216

Big Bee

Post by Big Bee » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:36 pm

Sorry, but I dont know what questions you are referring to. I'd be happy to answer.